the next big project.........

i will tell you in a year or so when this is done;) but it would be a moneymaker AAA+ game with a mini online subscription for pvp .....turn based sandbox game with option to free to play after buying it, but extremely cheap not all this F2P ROBBERS......

very ambitious for a small company.... you would need to raise half a million pounds++ but the game would retail at normal prices recouping the investment plus online revenues......

the idea if the other competitor doesnt do it right ( which i dont think so, it is in a pre beta stage but item shop free BS unity engine game.....no global map/world/resources just 1-1 pvp or so)

i will tell you in 1 year , but it hasnt been done properly in 10 years+

the good news is like xenonauts you dont need a license from the original creators.....(but maybe you could actually recruit them/ ask them to co-fund the project....)

the franchise is huge around the world and it would need 2 servers 1 europe/america another for the future for asia ( nobody can compete with the japanise/koreans,chinese....they dominate ANY GAME THEY ARE ALLOWED TO PLAY MMO...so destroying them)

cyllan

Edited by cyllan

...okay. I'm quite slow, so bear with me.

1. If you aren't programming, are you designing a game? Deciding how the game works can be brainstormed before seeing what can actually be implemented.

OR

2. Are you waiting a year because you want to see if the idea you liked (which is being developed by someone else) is executed well?

Edited by Sunshard
grammar fail

is this the most pointless thread I've read on these boards...I'll tell you in a year.

Apologies cyllan, if this is just your enthusiasm for something spilling over here, but since you're not actually telling anyone anything about it for a year, perhaps e-mail Chris to see if it's something Goldhawk would like to look at in the meantime would be a better course of action?

Apologies cyllan, if this is just your enthusiasm for something spilling over here, but since you're not actually telling anyone anything about it for a year, perhaps e-mail Chris to see if it's something Goldhawk would like to look at in the meantime would be a better course of action?

I've a great idea. Let's all mail Chris with our game ideas. It'll force him to install a spam filter so it's for his own good really. We shall instil some much needed e-security discipline into him.

I've this awesome idea for a fps/jrpg/turn based racing game but I'm afraid it'll take over 9000$ to have it done properly. I'm not sure if Chris and the world are ready for it yet. I was thinking of getting G.R.R. Martin to do a novelization of it first to ease people into it and get the hype going.

Edited by Jean-Luc

I gather the previous conversations with cyllan remain at the forefront of the other posters' minds in this thread. -_-;;

I would suggest abandoning this topic, to avoid another heated, and quite possibly personal argument.

Edited by Sunshard
I accidentally a word

is this the most pointless thread I've read on these boards...I'll tell you in a year.

there is no point emailing chris at the moment for 2 reasons

1-he is up to his ear balls making this game and praying to god on his knees every night that it is successful.... otherwise goodbye goldhawk...goodbye mortgage...etc.....plus he has 2 competitors the firaxis game and the fps x-com shooter......tough conditions.......

and in case you wonder ANYTHING WITH AN X-COM TAG IS A THREAT to this game...i dont care if it is called x-com solitaire...

2- the other game has the advantages but it is a browser games f2p (=rip off) so i want to wait before giving anyone ideas.

3- what else do you want to talk about? is there no room here for speculation and a bit of fun ?

4 if this game is finished and commercially viable in 6 months i will post sooner.........but since the other game is not even in a beta yet.......there is nothing to do but wait

also my point is it cant be a pixel game it has to have a good 3d engine with all the graphics cards goodies......i think crysis devs are making their engine free to develop games..i am not sure... all i know is it would cost a lot more to make

Edited by cyllan

Hi cyllan. Thanks for not taking my post in the wrong way.

1) Yeah, that was my attempt at being helpful there. Still, I wasn't sure if it was a preliminary pitch to Goldhawk, or just a comment in general. If it's the former, then contacting him with even a brief concept at some point may be an idea.

I take your point, but fortunately, there's enough of a difference between all three games that hopefully Xenonauts will gain some sales by larger market presence of the other two. A couple of "If you liked X-COm why not try this..." sort of captions in a couple of mags/sites could make a difference. It's possibly closer to UFO: Extraterrestrials that's also on the horizon (and that I will be buying).

2) totally understand why you'd want to keep as much information about your idea to yourself. But you can then see the problem in discussing it on a forum, where no one but yourself knows anything about it.

3) I'd love nothing more than speculation and fun or even speculative fun. It's jsut that there's not enough informaiton about the idea to really speculate about.

4) I guess we wait on your reveal as the months go by.

• 2 months later...

I think the best game for Goldhawk to make would be a reimagining of Jagged Alliance. It would probably be called "Mercenauts" and use some of refurbished Xenonauts art, AI and a lot of the code. It would give a nice, 2D, turn-based alternative to the shitty JA re-makes available.

i,ve got an idea for a game......its kinda a cross between sims and any game with guns........think it would be appealing to couples. she can spend hours explaing to him how her sim has learnt cooking 3 and got a new friend.....then they can log on with there character and shot anything that moves.......

i,ve got an idea for a game......its kinda a cross between sims and any game with guns........think it would be appealing to couples. she can spend hours explaing to him how her sim has learnt cooking 3 and got a new friend.....then they can log on with there character and shot anything that moves.......

why do I imagine a game version of Mr and Mrs Smith with Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie? :P

I think the best game for Goldhawk to make would be a reimagining of Jagged Alliance. It would probably be called "Mercenauts" and use some of refurbished Xenonauts art, AI and a lot of the code. It would give a nice, 2D, turn-based alternative to the shitty JA re-makes available.

You're right. The 1.13 modders have done (and are still doing) amazing things with JA2. There only roadblock is in the graphics department. Unfortunately Bitcomposer acquired the license to the Jagged Alliance series and...well...you know what happened there.

The very poor grammar, spelling and ambitious talk with no show makes me question he's old enough to understand the work it takes to make a videogame.

I think this thread should be locked. It's absolutely pointless.

"Hey guys, talk about something you know absolutely nothing about."

Edited by ElTee

The very poor grammar, spelling and ambitious talk with no show makes me question he's old enough to understand the work it takes to make a videogame.

I think this thread should be locked. It's absolutely pointless.

"Hey guys, talk about something you know absolutely nothing about."

Yup, there's no pointless posts or threads 'round these here forums. No sir!