Budget Too Tight?

also right now i found that geting second base dont work for me. Cant get enough money to fit real fighting strength there ( especially after first two weeks squadrons of ufo fighter apear, and you need to launch f17 in trios to have chance of them returning safely, not to mention you need to kill those squadrons, as they love to pick on chinooks)

I've managed to get a 2nd base up and running with 3 hangars, (2 F17s and a MiG) and by transferring one Ferret and half a dozen troops from the initial base, I have 2 bases which can shoot down craft and respond. I even got to/survived a terror mission with my main base!

For most of the 1st month, my 2nd base just had a couple of F17s, and I pretty much just shot stuff down. It wasn't until received funds for the 2nd month that I was able to really turn it into a functioning ground-combat-capable base.

It takes some time and being careful. I tend to hole-up a bit during waves of attacking fighters, because I don't have enough air support to keep my Chinooks safe. But you still get money for shooting stuff down.

• 2 weeks later...

well in the original game once you got a factory going you didn't have to worry too much about keeping the countries happy. the selling feature was pretty much a method to help one expand the number of bases, it was cheap and gamey, so i support cutting it. now once it has in fact been cut you need to address the fact that it costs more to run multiple bases instead of one super base, but it does in fact help you do your job much better. so in the end i am expecting something to get changed/balanced to help out budget wise for multiple bases, until then i would recommend making decisions about what is important to research and operate off of a more limited research division, and get new bases capable of making ground missions sooner.