[V12] Short impressions/bug finds in the new Xenonauts Alpha build.

The Good!

Alien Reactions: Aliens don't have ridiculous reactions! I.E. In the last build if I so much as turned a Xenonaut Operative when he was behind an alien, he'd turn around and blast the poor Xenonaut away.

Camera: Has been fixed! No longer does it track every single tile that a civilian or alien does when it's their turn (Was pretty trippy on the eyes). It's more like the original X-COM where when the NPC moves to the edge of the screen then it centres itself back on the NPC. Which is a nice feature.

Androns!: A new alien species which I assume are alien cyborgs! They look cool and are pretty challenging foes in that they take plenty of shots to go down!

Xenonaut Reactions: Finally the troops react more when an Alien tries to murder them in cold blood! So now troops will return fire provided they have the turn units.

Female Troopers: Yup this makes me happy because the original X-COM had fem troopers... That is all.

The Bad!

Female Voices: I hope that there is still more work done to the female troops. Don't get me wrong I like that they share a unisex sprite because they can, but I can't stand hearing male yelps of pain as a WOMAN takes a plasma shot to the face. That could be me just nitpicking though.

We got bugs: For some reason I could not hire any new soldiers on the Geoscape base management. This was quite frustrating. Also Xenonauts keeps crashing. Once during a battle, twice during the Geoscape. Also I literally have had no alien activity yet... Which is a little concerning for obvious reasons. The game is centred around stopping an Alien invasion on Earth, yet the aliens seem to have forgot where Earth is...

Controls: Considering I do not have a scroll pad on on my mouse pad for my Laptop I am still having troubles with not being able to click and drag the scroll bars at the side of each in-game window (Predominantly the 'Personnel' tab) which can be a little problematic.

Window Mode: I can't get the game to work in a Window, personally I prefer playing games in a Window mode.

Thanks for taking the time to read and I hope this is helpful in your pursuit to making Xenonauts the best it can be. There maybe more to come but I'll report as I run into it.

UPDATE:

Bug.jpg

Graphic Glitch.jpg

These are examples of bugs that I have run into... Also I restarted my game and on the second battle: When I was about to finish off a suppressed (A feature that blew me away!) Sebilian it came up 0% Chance of hitting when I hit my game crashed. So yeah, possibly more to come.

@Lauri yeah I can't get Window Mode to work. :/

Bug.jpg

Graphic Glitch.jpg

Bug.jpg.b4aa73a91168d996685cddd2a50931df

577e7c987cd3d_GraphicGlitch.jpg.2db943c2

mrsistershotgun: Matthew prefers if you make threads for specific bugs rather then list all the bugs you come across in a thread of your own.

It's difficult to track bugs like the way you have done now. Having the thread dedicated to one (or two related) bugs makes it much easier to keep track of, and for other people to post their own experience with the mentioned bug instead of making their own threads about it.

To that effect please also name the thread with a short description of the bug. thank you :D

mrsistershotgun: Matthew prefers if you make threads for specific bugs rather then list all the bugs you come across in a thread of your own.

It's difficult to track bugs like the way you have done now. Having the thread dedicated to one (or two related) bugs makes it much easier to keep track of, and for other people to post their own experience with the mentioned bug instead of making their own threads about it.

To that effect please also name the thread with a short description of the bug. thank you :D

Oh right sorry man! :D Wilco and thanks for the heads up!

Please make separate threads for separate bugs. It's hard to track and monitor issues like this. Thanks :).

You can't run the game in window mode in you native resolution (or higher). It's a known issue for a while. Thanks for the report.