Build V12 Released!

Yes, a lot of people have problems with that. Apparently CTDs corrupt saves so that loading them causes CTDs.

There is a fix that might fix some but not all CTD issues. Some issues can be avoided by not shooting at aliens when you get 0% chance to hit or no % is shown at all.

I would suggest you visit the bug report forum and find Comassions master bug thread (not the stickied one) he has a link to the fix and has a collection of the current reported bugs for Version 12. maybe you can se how to avoid some of them.

Hi!

I have to take back what I said about the game (running smoothly with no crashes).

It seems that I can't load the games saved during battles, the game crashes. Only the games saved at geoscape seem to load.

Also, I have been trying to play the game in the last couple of hours, but I had so many crashes during the battles that I got fed up and gave up... The crashes were happening for no apparent reason, right now I was shooting a supressed sebilian and the game just crashed, and was the last alien to kill so I got really angry and quit trying to play...

sorry to hear that Corporal. I hope you weren't too upset. I'd hate to think you nuked your computer from orbit. It's the only way to be sure (that you will not worry about bugs again).

lol

Man, sometimes I really feel like nuking everything heh

Damned bugs! The bughunt season has started... :mad:

Also, I have been trying to play the game in the last couple of hours, but I had so many crashes during the battles that I got fed up and gave up... The crashes were happening for no apparent reason, right now I was shooting a supressed sebilian and the game just crashed, and was the last alien to kill so I got really angry and quit trying to play...

Game over man. GAME OVER!

GAME OVER indeed... Sadly!

I was giving another go and got pissed again!

Another bug to the bug thread:

DON'T SAVE before a terror mission, if you load the game you won't be able to play it.

A terror mission just popped up, then I save the game before launching the chinook. Ok... Chinook aproaches the terror site and as soon as it reaches it, it get's gunned down by an UFO (out of nowhere). I got pissed and load the game, Ok... There the Chinook goes again, scorted by the F-17 this time, but when it reaches the terror site, it stays frozen there until the mission ends (thru tactical nuclear strike, wich me likes by the way lol, but nooooooooo, not this time!)

I have to take back what I said about the game (running smoothly with no crashes).

Sad to hear that. Was kind of surprised at first when you wrote that the game went smoothly, but I guess you just had a lot of luck.

The current version is, to be honest, quite unplayable, atleast for longer sessions.

All sounding good Chris! I sure am looking forward to fighting them Reapers! (My favourite mission types in the Original X-COM was Terror Missions in which involved Chryssalids.) What are the chances of us getting post game DLC in which we can have those Reaper Hive Missions? I really loved the sound of that! Of course no pressure intended I know that your priorities are to get the game done![/Quote]

I would like to see Reaper Hive Missions in a DLC too ! Excellent idea !

Edited by xcom

The current version is, to be honest, quite unplayable, at least for longer sessions.

Yeah, I can manage about 5 minutes before a CTD event, think it might be best to wait for a beta release.

Yeah, I can manage about 5 minutes before a CTD event, think it might be best to wait for a beta release.

pretty disappointing to hear. I've not been able to devote ,much time over the last couple of weeks to the game. By the time I got round to it 12 was coming out.

Ah, well I suppose I'll see how far I get...

Yeah I took the weekend off. I'm working on another release at the moment, but that involves putting in all of the Kickstarter soldiers and that has involved pulling together a master spreadsheet of all the people who want Kickstarter rewards (which has taken most of the day). It should be out in the next day or two though.

I have to say, I do enjoy suppression, it actually feels worthwhile shooting at things, even when I miss. Female soldiers are a welcome addition as well as a touch nostalgic (and I have to be honest, I'm baffled that people want rid of them), even if they are all called Katrine or Jane in my current save-game. I'm largely impressed with the game, for an alpha release it leaves me quite confident of the future.

Yeah I took the weekend off. I'm working on another release at the moment, but that involves putting in all of the Kickstarter soldiers and that has involved pulling together a master spreadsheet of all the people who want Kickstarter rewards (which has taken most of the day). It should be out in the next day or two though.

/waves - mines a UK Large. :P

and I have to be honest, I'm baffled that people want rid of them

No-on ever wanted rid of them. They didn't want them added in the first place.

The point was that re-doing all the graphics as per the original plan was a HUGE investment that would have eaten into resources that could have been spent in improving the game in other ways. As it happens they came up with a design to avoid doing that and kept everyone happy so it's all good. :)