Kickstarter Pre-orderer

Hi guys, recently I decided to back the project via kick-starter ($20) any chance I can download the build? and how do I go about doing this?

P.S, I'm a big fan of XCOM as a teenager I spent endless hours on that game in my bedroom in the middle of the night playing on my PSX very hard game. One of the best games ever.

The download link is on the main KS page, just scroll down. Atm, the demo is most up to date public build. Once the KS campaign is over and the alpha/beta goes on to receive further updates you'll be able to get those the same as any pre-orderer.

The download link is on the main KS page, just scroll down. Atm, the demo is most up to date public build. Once the KS campaign is over and the alpha/beta goes on to receive further updates you'll be able to get those the same as any pre-orderer.

Right, so in the meantime, its just the demo? Is this demo same as those who order via desura (or what ever you call it)? otherwise it would have made more sense getting it from there, rather then kick-starter. Any ideas?

KZeem - yes, the "demo" is the same as the current Alpha build. Goldhawk released the most recent version as the demo, so those of us with pre-orders are playing the same version of the game as everyone playing the demo.

I don't think they'll release another version of the game during the Kickstarter, though they're back working on development, so I expect that at some point after the Kickstarter ends, everyone who pledged in the Kickstarter will get their download keys and then we'll all be able to download the next version at the same time. In a nutshell - everyone is and will be playing the same version, whether they bought via the Kickstarter or the pre-order/Desura option.

I downloaded the demo v10.2 it does not even work. I installed the game and click on .exe and it runs for a few seconds and then crashes and nothing happens, nothing appears on screen etc no error message or anything it just closes itself. Kind of glad I can, didn't buy pre-order and wasted money on a game which can't run on my system. oh well.

@kzeem Chris is going to release a post soon .. next few days soon... this will let us in on all the stuff they have been doing in the last 2weeks. So expect an interesting update in 20days. Who knows maybe Chris got suppression working :P

Or it could be a case of showing of base defense missions or new UI elements or maybe you hit install and it uninstalls the game, resets windows, formats your hard drive then displays a the message GAME OVER YOU LOSE!!!

It's a dell laptop, have letest drivers, Windows XP, Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family - Intel® Celeron® CPU 540 @ 1.86GHz, RAM: 2.6 GB, Video Ram: 250MB, Hardware T&L (YES), Pixel Shader version 4.0, Vertex Shader version 4.0, DirectX version 9.0c, Free Disk space 85GB.

I gave the pledge of 20 USD. Is there supposed to be a Standard Order silver medal by my name? Is there two different pledge systems? I went through Kick starter. Thanks.

Standard Pre-Order: A digital copy of Xenonauts on release (retail price $25), plus access to our development builds and beta testing until the game is complete! This also includes a special silver forum medal for our forums.

Edited by Slocket
spelling

Any ideas of why the doesn't run? on my system I have a crappy laptop. I have a hardcore gaming desktop but my wife's over the past 7/8 months made it her own, and she's constantly on it.

Why'd you keep the laptop and leave the gaming desktop to your wife? :P Seems like a silly choice.

I gave the pledge of 20 USD. Is there supposed to be a Standard Order silver medal by my name? Is there two different pledge systems? I went through Kick starter. Thanks.

You need your Desura key first, which will be sent out when the project closes. Once you have that, there are instructions in this forum thread (it's pretty simple):

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/145-How-to-claim-your-Pre-Order-forum-badge!

At this point, I'd reckon it's best to order through Kickstarter, as that moves us towards stretch goals. So you'll have your medal in a three weeks time :)

pity that the [Pledge $200 or more ] quota already met....

so we are expecting 50 supporters portrait as rookie, right?

Well technically there's 100 total spread out at different tiers, 2 or so additional pledgers has taken some portraits at the $500 tier.

And then theres the pre-kickstarter orders that has pledged $170-180 and email Chris about getting the portrait. They don't show up as backers for the $200 tier in the kickstarter list so it's a bit confusing.

Think Chris said he would honour those so I'm assuming he will canabalize the higher tier portraits for the unseen backers at the $200 tier.

PS. as Gilras said you need to wait untill the kickstarter countdown runs out to get any of the rewards listed. You haven't acctually paid for anything untill Amazon charges you after the project ends.

Edited by Gorlom

Why'd you keep the laptop and leave the gaming desktop to your wife? :P Seems like a silly choice.

You need your Desura key first, which will be sent out when the project closes. Once you have that, there are instructions in this forum thread (it's pretty simple):

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/145-How-to-claim-your-Pre-Order-forum-badge!

At this point, I'd reckon it's best to order through Kickstarter, as that moves us towards stretch goals. So you'll have your medal in a three weeks time :)

Not simple if it is not working. :(

Desura says "I do not have Xenonauts associated with my account" Please buy a copy. I surely bought the 20 pre-order through Kickstart yesterday May 21, 2012 through Amazon pay link. I cannot get any farther. It does not work. Please help.

mesage after Desura login

It appears you do not have a copy of Xenonauts on your Slocket account. You can purchase a copy of Xenonauts for your account, via the links on the right.

Once you have activated a copy via Desura, you will be able to return here and send your account details to the official developers. Thanks for your support.

What exactly is the difference between Alpha and Premium Alpha build? It reads the same. Should I have bought the Premium to play the released builds as they are released? Confused.

-----------------------

This is the Premium pre-order of Xenonauts. This will grant access to the development builds of the game to allow you to beta test the game, plus a copy of the final game once it is complete on Desura or Steam, plus Goldhawk Interactive forum goodies! Buy $29.99 Windows

-----------------------------------

Xenonauts Alpha

This is the standard pre-order version of Xenonauts. Purchasing this will give you access to the latest Xenonauts development builds, and a copy of the final game once released on Desura or Steam.

Edited by Slocket

Not simple if it is not working. :(

Desura says "I do not have Xenonauts associated with my account" Please buy a copy. I surely bought the 20 pre-order through Kickstart yesterday May 21, 2012 through Amazon pay link. I cannot get any farther. It does not work. Please help.

mesage after Desura login

You have to wait for kickstarter end :P Because devs don't get money until it ends

If kickstarter devs gave rewards before end of kickstarter campaign, they could lose money because it would allow some people retract their pledges before it ends :P