Hidden Movement stuck ?

I bought Xenonauts a couple months ago on Desura. Today i wanted to play it, but the game got stuck at the Hidden Movement screen. I heard some foodsteps, and then nothing happened. The game didnt crash, i could still click the mouse button and hear it, and move the mouse, but even after waiting 5 minutes, it was still stuck at the hm screen.

Is it fully updated?

This used to be a major problem a few versions ago but I haven't come across it in the latest one.

Were you playing the full demo or the terror map?

If a full game what tileset was it on?

Did you see any aliens to know what kind they were?

I actually had a frozen game problem recently as well, and I suspect it might be related. While I wasn't left staring at the hidden movement screen, I think I probably would have been if I hadn't had a soldier watching what was happening. What happened was that I had fired a rocket at an alien and missed, setting the ground around it on fire. When the alien took it's turn, it took a potshot at my armored car before stepping into the flames around it and promptly dying. After this, game sounds continued to play and I could move the mouse, but the game was otherwise unresponsive and I was forced to kill it from the task manager.

I too had a very long first turn in a terror mission. It lasted several minutes, and my computer is quite powerful, surely much faster than the average pc. I think the engine is still not very optimized.

When using the last version (10.21), do not terminate the Xenonauts process, but let it work and it will eventually end the hidden phase.

Note that I have played a few terror missions, and only once the first turn took very long, so there must be something very specific going on here.

I could not understand what was going on, because the hidden phase is well... hidden.... So basically I do not have a clue about what is going on.

It's normally to first turn is longer that others. First they need to load png files in memory, that not easy for PC. Second in first turn you have many NPC. After first turn many died by aliens or NPC shoot down the alliens. That means less time for AI turns.