Hi,

Just found this game and from the screenshots it looks great, can't comment on anything else because I can't play it.

Downloaded the demo version put up on kickstarter to give it a try. Unpacked it and ran the main program and no matter which option I go for (full demo or quick battle) all I see after starting the main game is a black Geoscape with a sign saying select your base, after I click okay on the dialogue box I see "geoscape loading" and nothing else. I've tried changing the game resolution to lower settings and that didn't help. My DX is up to date same as my graphics drivers. Running Windows XP SP3 with DX9, ATI 4500 GFX, AMD 3500+ cpu, 2GB ram, plenty of drive space.

Any ideas how I can get this game working so I can try it out?

Currently playing UFO:AI which is the closest I've found so far to the original UFO games, although it's a little less polished (judging from screen shots of this game) it's stable enough in it's latest build (2.4) to be playable for hours. The downsides to it is not being able to save mid-mission and also save games being incompatible with each release forcing you to start over again. Plus how finicky the countries can be quite early on in the game which removes their funding and can also lead to a failed mission scenario quite quickly. Also having to store UFO's, research different parts, then dismantling them to get UFO tech to research and use on your own built vehicles (too much research for one thing and can be super slow).

Hey, welcome to the forums.

Sorry to hear you're having problems with the game. Are you certain that you get a message of geoscape loading after you get the place your base query? That would be odd, as you're supposed to see the geoscape already at that point. Were any of the resolutions you tried 16:9?

Started off choosing my monitors native resolution (1920x1080) then turned it down to 1024x768 mode and still got the same problem, not tried any other resolution but all had the same issue. There was a location on the map (can't remember what it was) with an x on it and nothing else, black screen with the menu bar at the top. Could try to take a screen grab & upload if that'll clarify things better.

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg

I've added two picture files, first is when you first start a new game (before clicking okay), second is after clicking okay. Nothing happens afterwards and if I press "esc" to bring up the menu then click resume I get a message saying the aliens have won and it kicks me back to the main screen to choose a game to load/new etc.

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg

Image1.thumb.jpg.33ed2df4fe819014ca54cb2

Image2.thumb.jpg.727b49f57a1914a3b97f7bc

Problem solution:

Play in windowed mode.

If loading 2D graphic problem or unit movement freze:

Minimize for 3-5 sec game window [meybe severar time]

Works on my older pc [radeonX1950PRO/AMD64-2.0GHz/2GBRam]

:confused:

Edited by radius75