You don't have to be under 35 to get the name option. It's the $200.00 option that includes a portrait that has the age requirements. I didn't go for the portrait option, just the name.

If I wanted to I could probably provide a satisfactory picture though. I'd imagine that avoiding shaving for a few days and skipping sleep would help achieve the glum look Chris wants for all his soldier portraits.

In further news, funding just surpassed the $1,500 mark.

Very well done Kickstarter page.

Nice and professional.

High praise, coming from you. :P

But yeah, it is a good page. The video presentation is especially very well done despite modest means.

@Everyone,

Please post any press links you come by.

Edited by Jean-Luc

It's looking good! But I don't get paid until friday! Those $200 tiers are going like hotcakes! Nooooooooo! Err.. I mean, Yeah! But you know..

(Oh, and props to G.R.R Martin and Ian M. Banks name-dropping in your shelf there. :P)

Edited by IceVamp

It seems the Kickstarter has already had a good success...

I hope you'll get all the funding you require, and even more than that. Time will tell.

The game is already quite good, and it is improving in every build.

who donated that odd 1$? its annoying me so much I think i have to reduce my pledge with 1

I reckon you should up your pledge by $9 instead, much nicer figure that way.

I did notice that the link to the t-shirt was the one that came second place in the voting thread!

I much preferred number 3, the one that actually got the most votes.

Have to see if I can scrape enough of my bursary together to up my pledge a little and get one anyway.

227 guests online on the forum as well at time of posting, I think there may be a few new people watching us.

Wave to all the nice guests people!

Just a question:

"Pledge $200 or more

As $150, plus our character artist will do a portrait of you from a photograph to accompany the soldier bearing your name. See the FAQ for full details. Please add $10 for international shipping if required."

If my wife support with $150 or more - will she get her portrait as well? (or any female?)

(Yeah, I read the FAQ. She do NOT have a masculine frame, not at all ;))

Edited by oracle1990

Here's 20$ more. I've already pre-ordered, but this is my small contribution to this great team & game.

Shut up and take my money ! :)

EDIT : BTW, I just ping again a Gameblog writer / tester (french video-game related website). I've talked to him about Xenonauts few months ago, he was saying that he'll wait for the demo / press build.

It may end up with a news, maybe a preview ?

Edited by sterfield

Just a question:

"Pledge $200 or more

As $150, plus our character artist will do a portrait of you from a photograph to accompany the soldier bearing your name. See the FAQ for full details. Please add $10 for international shipping if required."

If my wife support with $150 or more - will she get her portrait as well? (or any female?)

(Yeah, I read the FAQ. She do NOT have a masculine frame, not at all ;))

200$ is the first reward tier that offers to draw a custom portrait. the 150$ tier allows you to select one of the existing portraits to be paired up with your name.

As far as I understand at the 200$ reward anyone's photo will be acompanied with their ingame representation (soldier with their name) possibly with a few minor alteration.

But if you also meet the requirements listed in the FAQ your picture may make it into the pool and can be paired up with ANY soldier name. This for obvious reasons does not appliy to females or pregenerated named soldiers.

So if your wife pledges 200$ she should be getting an ingame portrait, yes. (150 no, but I assume that to be a typo)

Edited by Gorlom

Over 10% already!

I donated a bit, just enough to up me from standard to the premium preorder. Will see if I can spare a tad more come next month.

If I understand correctly, existing standard preorder ($19.99) plus another $30.01 for the kickstarter will put me in the $50 category and eligible for T-Shirt/Poster? Not including shipping, that is.