How do I use grenades for god sakes?

On the few day missions I've done, they are in the quickslot. easy peasy to use it.

On night missions, My guys auto equip flares in that slot, and I've found no way to throw a grenade other then to unequip the weapon and equip a grenade. Time Consuming real time and ap wise.

So I must be missing something, help?

Thanks, Mandabar

Solders are apparently auto equipped with flares during Night missions, so that's the only way to re-equip your guys with grenades.

So there is no way to throw a grenade at night time w/o unequiping your weapons? No drag and drop grenade from inventory to the field of battle...

This is my fear that this is true...

So there is no way to throw a grenade at night time w/o unequiping your weapons? No drag and drop grenade from inventory to the field of battle...

That is what is happening when you use the quick button too. If you have a two handed weapon, the quick throw un-equips it, equips a grenade, throws it and re-equips the weapon you were holding. The AP cost is the same as doing it manually. Unless you do some extra fiddling with the inventory.

That is what is happening when you use the quick button too. If you have a two handed weapon, the quick throw un-equips it, equips a grenade, throws it and re-equips the weapon you were holding. The AP cost is the same as doing it manually. Unless you do some extra fiddling with the inventory.

Srsly?

I had no idea it was so expensive ap wise. My thoughts is it shouldn't require one hand free to throw a grenade. It goes one of two ways.

A: Let go of your gun (hangs by the strap), grab grenade from belt. Prime (Take off safety or whatever its called). THROW

B: Two Handed Weapon, let go with one hand, grab grenade from belt. Prime using teeth. THROW!

Of course these both assume the grenades are in the belt. Easy Access. If in the backpack. Well yeah that's not really good

Do people know that you can right click the quick slot and it lets you select the grenade rather than the flare?

I didn't realise that the quick slot used the same AP as doing all of the moving of equipment manually though, although I guess that's only fair if the grenade's in the backpack.

Edited by jimbobfury
  • Like 1

Do people know that you can right click the quick slot and it lets you select the grenade rather than the flare?

I didn't realise that the quick slot used the same AP as doing all of the moving of equipment manually though, although I guess that's only fair if the grenade's in the backpack.

I didn't know this! Thanks, at the least I can be quick about using it!

Now that we're on the topic, is there any way to make grenades fly slower, right now they feer much like bullets. Also, what about throwing arcs? right now grenades just seem to go straight and stop into any cover just like a bullet, while they should be thrown in an arc.

Now that we're on the topic, is there any way to make grenades fly slower, right now they feer much like bullets. Also, what about throwing arcs? right now grenades just seem to go straight and stop into any cover just like a bullet, while they should be thrown in an arc.

Chris said in a different thread he was going to look into grenades running into cover like that a bit later on. I'd guess it will be addressed in the beta :)