[9.5.1 - Reaction fire not working]

So, I suspected there was something up with reaction fire since I first downloaded the alpha, as I don't remember my troops ever making a reaction fire shot at all.

With build 9.5.1 I tweaked the reaction fire modifier for each weapon, to test this once and for all. I gave each ballistic weapon a reaction modifier of 5 and then 10, to test this out. Now, either I'm really unlucky, or it's just not working as I've still not had a single case of one of my troops shooting at a moving alien.

Reaction fire for the AI (alien and friendly) works fine, so I'm not sure why it won't for my troops.

Also; as an aside- in the final build, will aliens still be able to perform reaction fire regardless of which direction you approach them from?

Hi Gorlam.

Yep, I was purely testing so I had an alien in sight at the start of my turn. I set two soldiers facing him, then set one to reserve APs for aimed and one to set AP for burst fire. In the aliens turn he didn't move from their line of sight, fired two shots in their direction and neither of them did a thing. I left them there for the next few turns and the same thing happened, until he killed them both.

I don't think its possible to reactionfire with burst. Questionable if you can reactionfire with aimed as well. Have you tried without reserve slider or with only snapshot reserved?

also is spelling my name wrong a typo or?