Hmm, its a bit easy. Finally played a mission all the way through, and the end result was 7 dead aliens, no dead civilians, and a slightly injured soldier (about 10-15 hp? Plasma pistol shot).

Playing on the Veteran setting.

I'm guessing this is still to aid testing? I remember Chris saying that balancing the games difficulty settings; damage, enemy stats etc. would be one of the last stages of development since it's a fit and finish kind of thing.

It is waaaaaaay too easy though - hopefully when the game is done, plasma fire will cut through green-as-grass rookies like a lightsaber through butter. :)

You can mod it yourself though.

From the last build, I suggest upping plasma rifles to 60 power, plasma pistols to 30 and adding 5 more Guards (mostly on Aggressive).

12 seems to be a good middle number that lets you finish a mission with at least 1/2 of the team alive, yet still being able to bring a vehicle.

20 aliens was nearly impossible to finish with a vehicle. Really needed those extra 4 troopers.

Yeah, they're reasonably good. Plasma rifle fire will usually kill a basic armoured soldier in one shot, Jackal armoured in 2 (sometimes 1).

They will wreck the Hunter really fast though. 2-3 shots I think.

Besides that, I think I did mess around with the weapon AP costs and accuracy as well (and heavy weapon damage). Generally dropped.

Yeah, I reported that in the Bug Reports sub-forum.

Still having trouble finding something to vault over. Damn these flimsy aliens (I armed my alien-hunter squad with shotguns...they might be a bit too good. Accurate with the kneeling change, powerful and cheap to fire.).

just downloaded V8 and got to the menu screen. (The grey on black look is almost totally unreadable to me,sorry hope it gets changed in the future). Anyways I have a 4:3 monitor and i can click on new game normal difficulty but when I choose commence nothing happens all i get is clicking noises no matter where i click until i click on exit game.

I finally got the game to start. I have no idea where I clicked but it is definitely due to my 4:3 monitor. Will you make adjustments in future updates for those of us who have older monitors? (Most off my fav games look better on this monitor than on stretched wide screens).

Sorry to be pain but let me know please, thanks again.

Edited by tservo1963