Canadian Cities

So, as a Canadian, I was wondering:

A) Why isn't Toronto (population of 2,998,947 in 1981, and the capital of the most populous province in Canada) on the map when Churchill, Manitoba (population of 1,304 in 1981, and the capital of Polar Bears) is?

B) Why isn't Montreal on the map instead of Quebec City? (Quebec City may be the provincial capital, but it's sort of like if they had Albany New York on the map instead of New York City. Montreal is far larger, and was/is the second largest city in the country, with only Toronto being larger)

In case you're wondering, the reason I used population numbers from 1981 is because that is the closest I can get to 1979

I did that all about five or six years ago now, so I don't recall - but if I were to hazard a guess, it'd likely just be a lack of knowledge about the relative size / importance of Canadian cities and a lack of adequate time to research the topic.

It may also have been a factor that we needed a geographically even spread of cities for the event system to work properly, and both the cities you mention are fairly close to the US border. Picking cities in the middle of nowhere gives us much better terrain coverage.

• Like 1