Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ckelloug

Freeze on Picking Up Items

1 post in this topic

I'm running wine 2.0 on linux with X:CE 34.2 and X-Division 0.99.  The strict enforcement of memory addressing in linux tends to expose memory bugs that would otherwise be latent.

I am getting an intermittent freeze when I pick up items from the ground and then hit the X in the top right corner to close the inventory window.  I first noticed it on an alien outpost mission where I got injured almost immediately and needed to use a medkit.  Due to the TU's required in X-Division for the operation,  the fastest way to do this is to drop your weapon, get a medkit out of backpack, heal yourself, drop the empty medkit and then pick up your weapon.  I lost the save where I could reliably get the problem to happen however I do have the console log message from wine which is the same each time I have seen the problem:

Unhandled exception: page fault on read access to 0x00000000 in 32-bit code (0x00483cb5).

It appears to me that the inventory is handled as a linked list and that there is a problem with not checking whether the pointer to either the next or previous element is valid before dereferencing it.   If I find a save where I can reliably duplicate the problem, I'll post it.