Small Ground Combat Issues/Ideas

Hey,

I didn't have time to check the forums regularly. Apologies, if some ideas were suggested or are already planned for X2.
Either way, it's just details.

• Soldiers should be able to "see" (notice) enemies within 1, maybe 2 tiles away when there's no obstruction between them. Happens when you were stepping through a door in X1 for example. Especially for the bigger aliens, this was a bit unrealistic.
  • Likewise, you should be able to hear when aliens close in on you. The visual clues, "sonar waves" you got in XCOM:EU could be an inspiration.
  • Both these points do not need to apply for all alien types. There may be sneaky ones and clumsy ones.

• Moral could sink, the farther a soldier is away from other Xenonauts. Likewise moral could be more stable or increase in groups.
  • Moral loss should be higher when another Xenonaut dies right in front of you, near the affected soldier.

Interaction with ground forces/civilians

• When a Xenonaut is close to civilians you should be able to give them simple commands. Take control over them for a moment with limited TUs or give them general commands like "go to(wards) dropship", "take cover". There may be a chance they don't listen, panic etc.
  • Especially ground forces should point you in the general direction where they, if they noticed alien activity.

I probably forgot some, so I might add more later.

• Like 1