enlargement of human base

bergamon

I think (but can't confirm) it is hard-coded.  You can however increase the capacity of buildings, or combine their features (such as combining garage with hanger).  You may be able to make the big buildings smaller, but you'll have to change the battle map for base defence too.

Base structure is hard-coded? That's a pity... So, it seems the best way to manage bigger bases is to increase Living Quarters capacity to 100, and Workshop / Laboratory to 50 ;) Command Centre should have habitat for 10 persons and 1000 storage space in buildings.xml, as well ;)

There is an easy test, start up the game, go to the geoscape, alt tab to you deskop, delete your scripts, then switch to you base view. If the game doesnt display anything/crashes a script is responsible for the layout. Next step is to find the script.

• You can ofcourse alter the size of the buildings, make the command center smaller, and every other building too

I played around with the baseview.lua script for a while and didnt really get far. Only some cosmetical stuff to move around.

What i can say about it is that it appears like the "size" of the the building scales with the whole layout, and i coudlnt find how to make the whole layout bigger.1.png

Since the buildings.xml takes the 1;1 code line for a 1x1 structure something must tell the game how big 1x1 is. This would lead us directly into code i think, if it hasnt been made available to mod.

At this point there is much to speculate, so only somebody with source code access could definitely tell whats going on.

But you have to think about if you change the size of the buildungs the game will need to know how to put down the GC ones.

I give up this idea. Buildings capacity is very easy to change if you want to have a really big base... 

btw. I've found more interesting user interface changes regarding views of full list of soldiers in dropship and all aircrafts in base :D