Charons Overhauled Mods - Ambience Forest

Charon

Charons Overhauled Mods

-

Ambience Forest

UPDATE: As of XCE 0.34.3 all buggy sound behaviours seems to have been eliminated so there doesnt seem to exist a code optimising issue from this to the original anymore. Thanks again to @Solver for fixing this.

This overhauled mod introduces a new sound system to nearly eliminate all buggy behaviour. Some still remain thought but we got the ratio from down from 9/10 to 1/600, or 1 in 6 hours time of gameplay. If you still have issues deactivating all ambient sound mods, including the Ambient Sounds one could help with that.
Deactivating all ambient sound mods seems to fix all occuring issues including freezing bullets, crash on load, and crash on load from GC to geoscape.

There is a a downside to this though, the volume level can longer be adressed via the music/sound effects volume control sliders, since the sounds operate outside of that system. You can still adress it by controlling the master volume and make the game louder/less noisy by controlling everything else but the ambient sounds. If you still have issues with the volume the sounds_gc.xml holds a volume="0.6" which you can change to your liking.

Bugs will only get triggered during GC once you loaded the save at least ONCE. No bugs will appear before that first load of a GC save.

Personally, since i dont load around a lot i think a 1 in 6 hours gameplay ratio is considerable enough and the ambient sounds are really nice. I really love sounds and music in the game so if anybody wants to make more of them i would totally welcome it.

This mod inlcudes new instrunctions inside the sounds_gc.xml for people who want to make additional ambient sounds. This mod can directly replace its predecessor.

Installation:

1. Deactivate all other Ambient sound mods except the ones tagged as "Charons Overhauled Mods" to make the new sound system take effect. This will mostly be Ambience Forest and/or any other additional ambient sound mod you may have installed.
  2. Download the mod from the forum: http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/index.php?/files/file/33-charons-overhauled-mods-ambience-forest/
  3. Extract it to your mods/... directory
  4. Any place in the modloader is fine. The sound system uses unique identifier so there should not be any compability issues whatsoever.
Edited by Charon