Suggestion: Swap Soldiers On Tile

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but it's something I thought would've been useful in Xe:1 and never saw an option for.  Often times in a crowded doorway or tight hallway within buildings or UFOs  I've wished I could have a soldier in the second or third row 'change places' with his buddy in the row ahead of him.  Having to leave a 'runway area' for them to meander around each other in order to exchange places has always felt rather frustrating.  I seem to remember at least one turn-based game where you could swap soldiers in such a way (it might've been old Jagged Alliance ...) but anyway, the implementation was you picked the unit you wanted to move up and then, while resting your cursor on the other unit, you hit the 'X' key and it would transfer (or Xfer !) them out.  You had to have enough active AP left on each soldier to pull it off, of course, or the game would simply ignore you when you tried it (or maybe it gave a dull error buzz, I forget exactly).

Anyways, just throwing the thought out there ;)

On 04/03/2017 at 7:48 AM, Wyldefyre_CP said:

old Jagged Alliance

Yup, the first "Jagged Alliance" indeed had a this function (direct quote from the instruction-booklet):

When mercs are traveling narrow corridors or bridges, they may need to switch
places with another merc or a guard one square away. To do so, select one of
the mercenaries. Now, put the cursor over the other, and press "X"

And the quote from the "Quick Reference Card":

To exchange places ................. Hold cursor over merc to swap with, “X”

---

Old "Jagged Alliance" also had a back-step option too; an idea was brought on this thread:
http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/index.php?/topic/14401-feature-request-sidesteping-and-backstepping

---
Depending how much effort is put to user-interfaces and such, I for one believe we could have some complex-movement-option without the need for "reference-cards" and such for "Xenonauts 2".
---
---