[V1.65W - Modding] Deleting mod does not flush lua script cache

Problem:

Disabling or deleting a mod does not flush relevant internal lua script cache.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Install attached mod.  It'll say "xce (ZH)". (Don't worry, this zip will not change game language.)
  2. Launch game.  Note that the main menu buttons are big.
  3. Exit game and disable or delete the mod.
  4. Launch game.  Note that the main menu buttons are still very big.  The layout override from the mod is not reverted.

Expected:

Game reverts to normal after disabling / deleting mod.

Workaround:

1. After disabling or deleting the mod, delete " assets\mods\internal " folder, to force the game to rebulid cache.

Note:

1. Bug also exists in X:CE 0.34.2, but cache folder change to " %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Roaming\Goldhawk Interactive\Xenonauts\internal ".

mod_xce_zh_bug_cache.zip

Edited by Sheepy
Note xce version.

and

Check the orange letters.

I also suggested to let people know about this somewhere people might be looking, but to no avail. This has nowhere been noted in the vanilla nor the XCE version.

Because of this im trying to raise some awareness with my signature >>> THINGS I WANT YOU TO KNOW <<<, but we are getting the same threads over and over again. Well done noticing that again, how much time did you spend on it :p ?

Thats not going against you,  i would just say this modding community would be more lively if the time people spend on xenonauts wouldnt be to find out the same things over and over again.

Here, have a cookie.

Thanks @Charon. Look like I searched with the wrong terms.  Did read the Things I Want you to know, but I must have forgotten it.

Have spent an hour or two reinstalling the game to make sure it's not corrupted files and reproducible.  So if this is causing trouble again and again, not only to modders but also to mod users, why is it not fixed in vanilla or X:CE?  The mod launcher is already capable of deleting files from the mods folder.

(P.S. For the signature, because I am tired of seeing the big X-Division banner over and over again - they take up lots of screen estate on pc - I have disabled all signatures.)

Edited by Sheepy

8 hours ago, Sheepy said:

Have spent an hour or two reinstalling the game to make sure it's not corrupted files and reproducible.  So if this is causing trouble again and again, not only to modders but also to mod users, why is it not fixed in vanilla or X:CE?  The mod launcher is already capable of deleting files from the mods folder.

On 11.4.2016 at 4:06 PM, Charon said:

To the coders out there: I think there should be a big sign out there telling people that switching between mods isnt the only thing they have to do if they want to play the mod/mods as intended.

And why hasnt that been fixed yet ?

Question: check :).  about the delete button: Check the red letters in Things I Want You to Know and check this:

I really appreciate that this topic get raised by you again, sheepy, but i would also appreciate if solutions would be inbound.

See what i mean with that takes a lot of time away ? You spend 2 hours, which you could rather spend modding, or playing, or with your family or just doing something else. The same goes for the delete button. In this case it doesnt matter if you are a pro modder ( he has more delicate settings ) or a noob ( just downloaded and installed mods ), in both cases if the delete button deletes your whole mods/... folder it will cost you at least half an hour to set up everything again but more importantly it drains your motivation.

No motivation = no new blood, but only hardcore fans and modders.

I raised this issue in 2015, and people said, yeh just go ahead and do it.

Edited by Charon