Will Xenonauts be on IPad

I'm afraid not - it's very difficult to make a game like this work on a small screen, there's just too much information to display. Even XCOM struggled a bit on Ipad and they've got a much more accessible interface and general setup than we have.

• 1 year later...
13 hours ago, Ruggerman said:

Shall we first get a working version up and running on PC, before request for version on other platforms.

That's the approach that results in bad ports.  Like multi-thread, translation, and modding support, platform support is best done early. For example, if the game use lots of windows-exclusive unity plugins, then it'll have a difficult time porting to mac and linux, much less consoles.

That said, Xenonauts is not neo-XCOM or Rome Total War. I would like to see it done on PC first, but perhaps DLC is more likely to happen after that than console port.

Edited by Sheepy

I have been a PC user since the VIC 20 days, and have used bigger screens, as they have come available, so I am looking for 4K on a larger screen.

If it is possible to provide option for players on various devises, all well and good, larger market makes the game more profitable, and hence a next incarnation of this great game more likely!!!     

Most Publishers made the Mistake to programm a Game Multitasking. So many things are missing and you can´t play it on PC correctly. You can see it on the new XCom-Franchise, so I play the first Part if only nessecassry.

And Handheld games like for IPhone, IPad etc. are the badest Idea for the most Games. If I see the good old Frenchise and this is gona made / make bad, only to port something for IPhone or so I could hunk. The best example for that is the new C&C Game, which doesn´t deserved the C&C before the name.

Why do you think Motorsport Manager was done for PC instead with 3 or 4 DLC´s? Because the Handheld versions running bad, Playsport updated them to Mk III with the new contents from the PC-Version incl. DLC´s they could bring in. Looks better than the original MM-Version for Handheld versions and the People how have already the Orignal Version updated to MK II Version use it too. But it isn´t the runner on Handheld versions (Playtime to short, you can´t save etc.).

Yea I had in the 1990s a handheld console too (Gameboy) and know what I´m saying about. We were trained to use it only on save places and not in trafficzones, restaurants etc.

I would say nothing about it, if the Publishers woulnd´t bring in so much scrap (like Pokemon) on the market and the Children are better educated in using their Handheldthings like IPhone, IPod correctly. But instead they play in trafficzones or restaurants, coffees so that deadly incidents or a long time in hospital have to happen (angry persons which are nerved, kids not looking on traffic etc.). In my Opinion all the shitt Handheldgames are on Index for min a fully generation, better 3+ fully generations.