Ground combat size?

I was wondering, after playing the latest build a bit, if the current size of ground battles is the final and maximum size area that things are going to take place in? Just wondering, because they feel kinda small. I don't know if it's a function of the soldiers being able to traverse the whole thing in just a couple of turns, but for some reason it feels... small. I wouldn't mind seeing the map reach twice the current size, for a bit of extra ground to cover. The search for the aliens is always so intense, but if you always know that the UFO is just a few turns this or that way every time, rather than a bit of "it could be several turns that way, and if I spend too much time being too careful, I give the aliens more time to kill civilians" ..

Just wondering if I'm the only one.

The most common map I've seen is the Fighter map. Are there going to be different maps for the same UFO?

For example, the Fighter map does get a little old, in the early game, since you get that map like 5 or so times consecutivly

I'm guessing you mean the Scout map, since fighters don't leave crash sites.

Otherwise, what zzz said; maps will be chosen randomly from a list of maps available for the terrain type the UFO has crashed in.

Light Scout maps (the first UFO) have been intentionally scaled down to make them about 1/3 smaller than the Scout maps. Given they only have a couple of aliens in them, it's designed to make them less frustrating and generally make the missions quicker and easier.

The maps will get larger as the UFOs get bigger. Incidentally, how do you find the size of the terror site?

Light Scout maps (the first UFO) have been intentionally scaled down to make them about 1/3 smaller than the Scout maps. Given they only have a couple of aliens in them, it's designed to make them less frustrating and generally make the missions quicker and easier.

The maps will get larger as the UFOs get bigger. Incidentally, how do you find the size of the terror site?

Aahhh. Ok, that makes sense. It would be quite annoying going through a massive map looking for that one last alien from a scout.

On the Terror site, I've not seen the whole thing. It seems pretty big, I like it, Not gotten further than the garage yet, cos either my guys are all dead or i have a lockup. But it's a very nice looking map! Kudos!