[X:CE 0.34.2] Reaction fire shot onto a teleporting Xenonauts hangs the game

Pave

---

I caught an "old-old" bug that has been keeping up low-profile for quite a long time now.

I have included both the save files of the whole battle (up to the bug encounter) and a screenshot showing how the screen looks once the game hangs.

Reproduction-guidelines (when using the newest save-file from the zip-files):
1. Take a Xenonaut onto the the "north" / up-right-corner teleporter
2. Once teleported, an Andron should be still "overwatching" the teleporter / transporter without shooting you (from south-east / down-right, near the door of the room)
3. Move one tile away from the teleporter-pad (preferable to north-east / up-right / 1-2'o'clock
4. Move Xenonaut-token back onto the teleporter-pad / elevator.

With "luck", the Andron should have now reaction shot / fired onto the teleporting Xenonaut. And now the game if left hang indefinitely.
The Xenonauts.exe process still is running without any indications of a crash or freeze or any other other abrupt changes in resource usages (at least on my end according to "Resource Monitor").

---

For the mod-list, please refer to my previous buf report; nothing had changed since then:

---
---
---

Xenonauts Reaction Fire Shot Teleport bug 20161212.zip

20161212111150_1.jpg

9 hours ago, Charon said:

Tried it and couldnt trigger any bug, although i only tried 3 times.

Is there a way to force the Andron (Guard?) to have reaction-shot-chance be 100% via some temporary modding or something similar (I.E. basically make him reaction-shot regardless the Reflex-stat + time-units left reaction-chance calculation)?

Edited by Pave

3 minutes ago, Pave said:

Is there a way to force the Andron (Guard?) to have reaction-shot-chance be 100% via some temporary modding or something similar (I.E. basically make him reaction-shot regardless the Reflex-stat + time-units left reaction-chance calculation)?

Only if you would have a save before the GC, as changes dont get applied to an existing GC save.

24 minutes ago, Charon said:

Only if you would have a save before the GC, as changes dont get applied to an existing GC save.

Hmm, well I still have this autosave-file that was generated before the ground-combat-mission starts. (I've made a renamed-copy of it alongside other original autosave-files just in case).

But when I loaded that autosave-file and tried to initiate the combat again, the map(-seed?) was different now (it should still have Androns and Harridans on a "Landing Ship"-UFO, the crashsite-54 in the savefile that is).
Although this could also be due me semi-hastily updating some of the mods via the Steam-workshop+launcher-handler updating (mainly by updating to up-to-data "Fix pack")

This is all the files I can provide for now for the "trial-error"-testing.

I wonder if there is a mission-editor / builder tool to generate specific types of battles and other ground-combat-scenarios (well, there certainly are; it is just me being semi-rhetoric).

---
---
---

Xenonauts Reaction Fire shot bug autosavefiles 20161212.zip

Edited by Pave

12 minutes ago, Pave said:

But when I loaded that autosave-file and tried to initiate the combat again, the map(-seed?) was different now (it should still have Androns and Harridans on a "Landing Ship"-UFO, the crash-site-54 in the savefile that is).
Although this could also be due me semi-hastily updating some of the mods via the Steam-workshop+launcher-handler updating (mainly by updating to up-to-data "Fix pack")

The map gets pulled upon entering the GC.

Just for the record, over the course of 3 trials, i received multiple reactionshoots upon entering the teleporting (back to the lower level ), missed and hit ones, but no bug was triggered. But im using the X-Division setup, so this may distort the result.

Thats all from my side.

Edited by Charon

5 minutes ago, Charon said:

But im using the X-Division setup, so this may distor the result.

Hmm, seems like this (obviously) calls for code-comparison then: You might have fixed this bug (or for whatever reason the bug apparently only appears on the current (semi-out-of-date out-of-package-Steam-version of) Community Edition).

Edited by Pave