[X:CE 0.34.2] Door-Wall-Fusion temporarily disables a Xenonaut

Pave

This is rather tricky and probably quite a rare bug too, because it's heavily reliant on the randomized nature of the map-generating.
Or it could be just a mis-constructed prop.

Anyways what happens here to "Kevin Jannsen" is that after having "pathfound" quite far away from a toolbox (from east to west via south), he simply got disabled: he was not able to move or shoot or even turn around (refer to image "20161210070640_1.jpg".

After few re-loads of the save-file I had simply given up on him (after several move-click-command-attempts), he had suddenly moved away from the stuck-spot when I had been moving other Xenonauts (while also not having my camera focused on him).

My hypothesis is that the pathfinding simply goes haywire when faced against one or more doors that end up into full-stop-walls. Or jokingly saying, the doorway-walls create a dimension the Xenonaut gets lost inside for a while (well, that's the only "logical" hypothesis I can think of why he got stuck into a stasis-mode).
Not certain is the AI / bot already knows to avoid this bug naturally, considering it kept hiding some of its units around these doors without apparently getting stuck unlike my character-token got.

I have included all the screenshots and the save-files for this particular battle in the zip-archive-file attached in this post.

My mod configuration only consist the out-of-package-version directly via Steam.
Although I had tried to use some of the mods via Steam-workshop, which I promptly disabled after encountering a permament "9999"-coordinates-bug in the Geospace-view, which practice meant that aside for the ESC-menu, my mouse-interactions were completely disabled. So to fix this I went back to the save-file before the activation of the additional mods and replayed until the completion back to the Geospace-view.
((More than likely both of these bugs are old-old, but I wasn't able to find anything relatable.
As for the second-bug, I believe this was mainly because I was trying to activate them in the middle of the campaign and also including in the middle of the battle: apologies I don't have the save-files left for this particular bug alongside not reporting of it earlier.))

Xenonauts_WallDoorFusion_Bug_20161210.zip

Yeah, this is most likely caused by having a doorway which is passable and a wall that is unpassable on the exactly same tile, creating some kind of quantum state which makes the pathfinding go haywire. Hidden movement works a bit different so it might be able to deal with this situation.

Anyway, I will try to fix this for the Xenonauts Fix Pack as it's a mapping error exposing a situation that shouldn't happen normally, caused by placing two buildings exactly next to each other. Other than it being a desert and Corvette map I won't have any way of knowing exactly which map it is so could you please attach a picture in this thread of your modlist so I can see which map packs you use to help narrow it down.

6 hours ago, Pave said:

As for the second-bug, I believe this was mainly because I was trying to activate them in the middle of the campaign and also including in the middle of the battle: apologies I don't have the save-files left for this particular bug alongside not reporting of it earlier.))

Never install something during GC, this is the A and O in modding.

6 hours ago, Pave said:

Although I had tried to use some of the mods via Steam-workshop, which I promptly disabled after encountering a permament "9999"-coordinates-bug in the Geospace-view, which practice meant that aside for the ESC-menu, my mouse-interactions were completely disabled. So to fix this I went back to the save-file before the activation of the additional mods and replayed until the completion back to the Geospace-view.

So as i can read that you gave up inlcuding mods because you potentially risk bugs, glitches and inabilities wihout being able to make sure you have an uninterrupted game ?

Does that mean you would be interested in a mod collection where other people make sure that everything is compatible and tested ? Or a list of compatible mods ?

9 hours ago, Charon said:

So as i can read that you gave up inlcuding mods because you potentially risk bugs, glitches and inabilities wihout being able to make sure you have an uninterrupted game ?

Does that mean you would be interested in a mod collection where other people make sure that everything is compatible and tested ? Or a list of compatible mods ?

((Okay, I semi-misread what @Charon wrote, but I'll just also keep the original text here just because I had it already written.))

Oh, I just didn't list the any of the non-out-of-the-box-mods because, well, I personally believe this is a "general-bug" or maybe something related "mod-combo / fusing" or whatever the term was again (related to combining mod-packs into singular one etc.-things, if I recall correctly).

So before I clicked the "Default Setup"-button on the "Xenonauts Launcher", I had these mods activated (downloaded / subscribed via Steam-Workshop):
- Better Foxtrot (which I believe was the main culprit for the "9999"-coordinates bug on GeoSpace-view)
- 120-degree View Angle (which apparently didn't get activated in the middle of the combat)
Don't Forget to Bring a Shotgun
Mikiztli's Pistol Tweak
Mikiztli's Stun Gun
NamesOfTheWorld
Larger Living Quarters

I also always / when needed allow the Launcher / Mod Installer to automatically fix the Community Edition-mod prioritization + accidental de-activations. 

True, I shouldn't have had activated any additional mods the middle of Ground Combat-session. I mean, as if already stun-batoning a reaper causing a crash wasn't already a telltale(?)-sign once I had the mods activated (and de-activated again to troubleshoot the crashing-cause (mainly ground-combat related-mods).
(Following sreenshot showing that situation in question)
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=814382459

((I am aware this went semi-off-topics thread-wise, but I replied to this inquiry just in case.
Back to the "real topic:))

--- Yes, list of ~100% safe and compatible list of mods would be dandy. ---

13 hours ago, Policenaut said:

Yeah, this is most likely caused by having a doorway which is passable and a wall that is unpassable on the exactly same tile, creating some kind of quantum state which makes the pathfinding go haywire. Hidden movement works a bit different so it might be able to deal with this situation.

Anyway, I will try to fix this for the Xenonauts Fix Pack as it's a mapping error exposing a situation that shouldn't happen normally, caused by placing two buildings exactly next to each other. Other than it being a desert and Corvette map I won't have any way of knowing exactly which map it is so could you please attach a picture in this thread of your modlist so I can see which map packs you use to help narrow it down.

Here is a screenshot image of the modlist. The setup I was (and am still running) running is the default "Out-of-the-package"-one that can be downloaded + installed via Steam, as instructed more or less officially.

2016-12-11 01_34_45-Xenonauts Launcher.png