[X:CE 0.34.2] apDamage and moraleDamage not working with rocket bulletType

Policenaut

As the title says apDamage and moraleDamage don't work with the bulletType="rocket". It works as intended with bulletType="normal" but I have not tested it with the other bulletTypes and they might be affected as well. I haven't tested if they work with gases in gas_gc.xml so that is worth checking out too.

Also if possible, could a string be added for moraleDamage that is similar to the one for apDamage that says SLOWED when hit, but with something like FEARED instead.

39 minutes ago, Solver said:

Rockets count as explosions and not normal bullets... I'd be surprised if it worked.

Is it possible it could be made to work with explosions and gases in future versions of X:CE? I'm creating a flamethrower that uses the rocket bulletType and I want it to cause moraleDamage instead of suppression.

2 minutes ago, Policenaut said:

Also a suggestion, could the apDamage and moraleDamage be changed to be percentage based instead? I noticed that you could end up with negative time units, percentage based damage should fix that.

It could be problem at resistance calculation. 

22 minutes ago, Policenaut said:

Also a suggestion, could the apDamage and moraleDamage be changed to be percentage based instead? I noticed that you could end up with negative time units, percentage based damage should fix that.

Negative TU is just a display thing really. There's no difference between 0 TU and negative TU.

4 minutes ago, Solver said:

Negative TU is just a display thing really. There's no difference between 0 TU and negative TU.

Alright, should be fixed if possible though. I have an idea of implementing a psi-amp like weapon and it wouldn't matter if you use it on aliens, but if you'd use it on your own troops you'd get weird negative numbers that could confuse players. 

Speaking of that, would it be possible to add a functionality to make a weapon 100% accurate at all ranges, have a percentage based success to inflict damage and able to skip LOS calculation. I could probably make a hacky version with 999 range or something and play around with accuracy values, but it would not be able to skip LOS calculations.

27 minutes ago, Policenaut said:

Alright, should be fixed if possible though. I have an idea of implementing a psi-amp like weapon and it wouldn't matter if you use it on aliens, but if you'd use it on your own troops you'd get weird negative numbers that could confuse players. 

Speaking of that, would it be possible to add a functionality to make a weapon 100% accurate at all ranges, have a percentage based success to inflict damage and able to skip LOS calculation. I could probably make a hacky version with 999 range or something and play around with accuracy values, but it would not be able to skip LOS calculations.

You want to use it like enemy AI does right? it could be cool tbh..

8 minutes ago, drages said:

You want to use it like enemy AI does right? it could be cool tbh..

Yeah, so it's similar to psionic attacks. However, you would still have to see your target unlike the aliens but since it uses "high frequency waves" to attack the brain, it bypasses walls etc. Robotic units should be immune to this effect as well.