Possibility port to Playstation 4?

I was wondering if would it be possible for the game (Xenonauts 2 if not the original Xenonauts) to be ported to consoles, particularly Playstation 4? I would love this question to be answered by the developer but I am just wondering if is there any possibilities to port the game to PS4. There are some turn-squad based games on PS4 as well so I was wondering if Xenonauts 2 can make it to PS4 or not or is it unclear?

Your thoughts?

3 hours ago, thekillergreece said:

I was wondering if would it be possible for the game (Xenonauts 2 if not the original Xenonauts) to be ported to consoles, particularly Playstation 4? I would love this question to be answered by the developer but I am just wondering if is there any possibilities to port the game to PS4. There are some turn-squad based games on PS4 as well so I was wondering if Xenonauts 2 can make it to PS4 or not or is it unclear?

Your thoughts?

As i know that, even X-Com 2012 of Fraxis failed badly at playstation so they only work for pc for X-Com 2... after many time they ported it to playstations..

8 hours ago, thekillergreece said:

I was wondering if would it be possible for the game (Xenonauts 2 if not the original Xenonauts) to be ported to consoles, particularly Playstation 4?

It is not easy to port a PC game to console or vice versa, even with Unity.

And by the time Xenonauts 2 is done (on PC) you may not want PS4 support any more.  Rumour is PS5 will be out in less than a year.

X2 is very early in development, hope the performance will improve for you later.  It may help if you can list your machine's spec and resolution in that thread.

Edited by Sheepy

I'd say it is pretty unlikely; it's definitely not something we're even going to think about until the PC / Mac version of the game is released. It's theoretically possible given the game is based on an engine (Unity) that supports cross-platform stuff, but there's a LOT of other things to consider too - performance, control systems, distribution networks, etc. We'll just concentrate on making something as good as possible for our target platforms and then look into the porting possibilities afterwards.