Performance issue with Community Edition

jpzett

Hello there, I am new to the forum.

Recently I downloaded the CE 0.34.2 along with the X-Division mod. Is it just me, or there was a change in the graphics like adding Vsync or other effects, because the game is running  slower and the textures look smoother. If so is there any way to disable it? Because my laptop is a bit low end and my previous playthroughs were running fine.

No VSync, I don't think it's even possible. A bit strange that some have also reported 0.34.2 running faster, I didn't do anything with the graphics or other rendering.

Could the slowdown be on your end due to X-Division having a lot of data? The mod is very big and so I believe lower performance can be seen on weaker PCs.

As a final note i can say that i havent seen any boost nor deterioration to the performance for the latest XCE version 34.2 ( 4,4 ghz Quad, gtx 970 ). There was a time when i experienced an incredible boost in performance, but that was when the first upload deleted the whole XCE folder, so its hardly representative.

As a general rule i can say that X-Division is more ressource intensive than XCE. In what form is questionable, as a single thorw of a smoke grenade, or any grenade that produces gas, ANYWHERE on the map easily closes and exceeds that gap. Aliens became more grenade throwing happy with the latest patch and the additional increase in civilains and local forces make for more targets, which results in more "gas" tiles present at the same time, which is the biggest throttle to performance we know of today.

Enhanced crashsite is integrated, i do believe in X-Division and not XCE, and this makes for the biggest performance throttle, which is located on the other side of the map. In fact, it is so big that Kabill once made a small overriding mod for people which had a serious problems with the additional smoke tiles.