Charon

X-Division Team @XCE Solver Questions

61 posts in this topic

I don't see anything limiting in the code. Any grenade should work.

Perhaps there's something different with the weapon/ammo definition given that the alien grenade shows 1/1 ammo and normal grenades don't.

8 minutes ago, Solver said:

Perhaps there's something different with the weapon/ammo definition given that the alien grenade shows 1/1 ammo and normal grenades don't.

Indeed. human variants dont have that. So whats the difference, as i have also seen 0/1 grenades working perfectly fine, if thrown by a human.

10 minutes ago, Solver said:

Yes, it works. Its just it doesnt have a quickthrow image.

Does the vanilla game have quickthrow images when you pick up an alien grenade ?

I'm not sure if I've ever picked up an alien grenade. All I can say is that the game definitely recognizes it's a grenade because there's a slot in the quickthrow, even if it's empty. Beyond that I have no immediate answer - I don't see a limit by name or such in the code, so it's something more subtle.

27 minutes ago, Solver said:

Ive checked, and vanilla grenades get a proper visual representation without the 1/1 thing.

Now where did we go wrong here ... ?

Compare the XML :)

Maybe change the name to weapon.grenade.advalien. Some place in the game could rely on it being called weapon.grenade, somewhere.

2 minutes ago, Solver said:

Compare the XML :)

Already on it .. lets see.

Got it, the game doesnt allow capital letters or the xml name has to start with weapon.alien***. Either way, changing weapon.AlienAdvGrenade to weapon.alienadvgrenade works.

Thinking about that this kind of thing could cause other problems, for instance for weapons as well, is unpleasant.

I guess, ill be busy changing the weapons.xml, weapons_gc.xml, aiprops and strings for a few grenades after it took me 7 hours to find this out.

If you excuse me, i have actual work to do now.

EDIT: Thx for the help Solver :).

Edited by Charon

IT WORKS ! AND LIVES !

20161205014641_1.jpg

Still needs strings though.

Edited by Charon

@Solver

I noticed that the aircomabt has a lot of limitations regarding colours. UFO projectiles have no blue channel, aircraft projectiles have only a green channel.

Can you enable all RGB color ranges for all assets in the aircombat ?