[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Charon

So I took the plunge and I am trying to out, looks good. But it's notoriously hard to Google for any help! I assaulted my first landed scout, and from what I gather the doors are locked. I have to blast them right? Didn't expect that. The stock lineup also doesn't come pre-equipped with C4s, so am I SOL, or is it a research thing? Do I have to go around and pick up all the corpses and the artifacts to bring them all back home for research? That's a hassle.

Are there any guides for how to play the first month? I get that it's a learning process, but like the situation above, I don't want to put myself at a disadvantage because I didn't it the "doorbell" button or something!

edit: Using the forum search function, I've found that heavy weapons fire and grenades can do the job. I'll try that.

5 hours ago, Shoes said:

So I took the plunge and I am trying to out, looks good. But it's notoriously hard to Google for any help! I assaulted my first landed scout, and from what I gather the doors are locked. I have to blast them right? Didn't expect that. The stock lineup also doesn't come pre-equipped with C4s, so am I SOL, or is it a research thing? Do I have to go around and pick up all the corpses and the artifacts to bring them all back home for research? That's a hassle.

Are there any guides for how to play the first month? I get that it's a learning process, but like the situation above, I don't want to put myself at a disadvantage because I didn't it the "doorbell" button or something!

edit: Using the forum search function, I've found that heavy weapons fire and grenades can do the job. I'll try that.

Help ! I mean HELP ! Any guidance on how i should play this game ?

Here you go:

For people knowing how the game works, feel free to help others or submit things you think are important or a guidance for other people.

Is my signature that hard to read or should i make it more visible ? Also your version is out of date, look again at the installation instructions.

i am just recording a series of quite explicit how to plays. i have run into some technical issues, but i will quickly sove them and post the recordings on you tube. Maybe those will be of help

Btw, what file format should i use and up to what file size should i target for a 1h video? currently i am using the mp4 and i got 1gb files for 1 hour. is it much, is it little?

Giving this mod a tryout. Though, I think there's a bug in 0.99.33.

I've created Rail Machinegun (for vehicles), and it never appeared in my base's inventory and the tank I have does not have a Rail Machinegun equip option.

Haven't tried recreating the bug in another campaign tho.

Hello, I've been giving your mod a try recently, and I researched Alien Plasma Rifles & Alien Plasma Pistols and I never got the option to research Alien Plasma Technology afterwards. Is this a known bug? I'm currently in the 2nd month of the campaign with a small amount of scientist, but i've had nothing to research for quite some time now (maybe 3 weeks?) and yet i've gone on 6-7 missions and captured live aliens as well. I watch Muligan's let's plays on youtube and he had laser weapons in the first 3 weeks in the campaign. If it's a bug, then I'd prefer to know now instead of getting any further into the campaign. Thanks!

44 minutes ago, NickyLpz1981 said:

Hello, I've been giving your mod a try recently, and I researched Alien Plasma Rifles & Alien Plasma Pistols and I never got the option to research Alien Plasma Technology afterwards. Is this a known bug? I'm currently in the 2nd month of the campaign with a small amount of scientist, but i've had nothing to research for quite some time now (maybe 3 weeks?) and yet i've gone on 6-7 missions and captured live aliens as well. I watch Muligan's let's plays on youtube and he had laser weapons in the first 3 weeks in the campaign. If it's a bug, then I'd prefer to know now instead of getting any further into the campaign. Thanks!

For the weapon tree you need live guard/soldier/warrior/elite class soldiers.

Whenever you make a bug report or think that something is not the way it is supposed to be, make a screenshot of your modloader and add your savegame ( geoscpae only ).

Added to the OP:

I think i got a bug, can you help me ?

If you want some help when you make a bug report or think that something is not the way it is supposed to be, add a full screenshot of your modloader and your savegame ( geoscpae only ).

Ah Sorry about that. That was my first time using the forums here. So it seems as though I just haven't captured enough aliens yet to begin the weapon tree research. The mod seems to bring a lot of features to the game, i'm quite impressed. I'm not going to lie though, as someone who plays with modded games quite a bit, I was confused on the install instructions. I followed the screenshots from the first page only to read the other of mods from the pic were outdated. I suppose I'll attach a screenshot now just to make sure I've installed the mod correctly. I attached a saved game as well Thanks for the quick reply. -Nick

X division mod list.jpg

Game 1 - Save 4.sav

1 hour ago, NickyLpz1981 said:

Ah Sorry about that. That was my first time using the forums here. So it seems as though I just haven't captured enough aliens yet to begin the weapon tree research. The mod seems to bring a lot of features to the game, i'm quite impressed.

Np, here are the research requirements: Researches.AlienPhaserPistol(AND)Researches.AlienPhaserRifle(AND)Items.CaesanGuard

1 hour ago, NickyLpz1981 said:

I'm not going to lie though, as someone who plays with modded games quite a bit, I was confused on the install instructions. I followed the screenshots from the first page only to read the other of mods from the pic were outdated.

Where did you get confused ? How can we improve the installation instructions ?

I´ve updated the images:

Modloader 99.33 highlighted.png

Modloader 99.33.png

Your modloader looks neat perfect, so the game should work correctly.

I appreciate the quick responses and glad everything is setup correctly. Definitely reassures me that I'm less likely to occur bugs. I think I was mostly confused where there was talk about the mod order picture not being updated and watching Muligans video as it had beta 2 clicked yes, but after reading through more, I noticed that with the updates that was no longer required. Nothing that wasn't figured out upon further reading, but it did leave me confused for a bit. Regardless, thanks for your help.

18 minutes ago, NickyLpz1981 said:

I appreciate the quick responses and glad everything is setup correctly. Definitely reassures me that I'm less likely to occur bugs. I think I was mostly confused where there was talk about the mod order picture not being updated and watching Muligans video as it had beta 2 clicked yes, but after reading through more, I noticed that with the updates that was no longer required. Nothing that wasn't figured out upon further reading, but it did leave me confused for a bit. Regardless, thanks for your help.

You are welcome :).

Russian answer:

2.jpg

Then it should be perfect.

Note that i updated the image to the correct setting, its in the OP. The OP is always up to date and perfect, only the version number was out of date from XCE .34.1 to XCE 34.2.

Modloader 99.33.png

Edited by Charon

Well, here's an odd one for you. Every time i click to go into and edit my soldiers loadouts, the game crashed. I've re-installed the game and the mod 3 times so far to see if that was a problem and my mod order is exact to the picture you put up and i have also followed the instructions to the letter. Any idea what my next step should be? Short of dropping my computer off a cliff to give myself an excuse to buy a new one. Plus i get this screen glitch when i load up..

1.png

47 minutes ago, vx10000222 said:

Well, here's an odd one for you. Every time i click to go into and edit my soldiers loadouts, the game crashed. I've re-installed the game and the mod 3 times so far to see if that was a problem and my mod order is exact to the picture you put up and i have also followed the instructions to the letter. Any idea what my next step should be? Short of dropping my computer off a cliff to give myself an excuse to buy a new one. Plus i get this screen glitch when i load up..

1.png

Strange, this shouldnt occur, but would you kindly ...

I think i got a bug, can you help me ?

If you want some help when you make a bug report or think that something is not the way it is supposed to be, add a full screenshot of your modloader and your savegame ( geoscpae only ).

Thx, looking forward to this.

Right. I decided to run through the game without checking my soldiers before a mission and one of the aircraft and the standard autocannon's UI was missing but didn't make me crash. i downed a scout and found out how much Caesans hurt, but when i went to press the inventory button the game crashed. So it seems it has something to do with the UI (From my completely inexperienced guess) that my computer doesn't like for some reason. And after a deep purge and fresh re-install and download it certainly isn't the download that's the problem. I even deactivated all the mods that weren't important. (Forgot to screenshot my crash in the mission) But from what i've seen from that one mission, your mod actually makes the game difficult so the small taster i just got was pretty good.

1.png

2.png

11 minutes ago, vx10000222 said:

Right. I decided to run through the game without checking my soldiers before a mission and one of the aircraft and the standard autocannon's UI was missing but didn't make me crash. i downed a scout and found out how much Caesans hurt, but when i went to press the inventory button the game crashed. So it seems it has something to do with the UI (From my completely inexperienced guess) that my computer doesn't like for some reason. And after a deep purge and fresh re-install and download it certainly isn't the download that's the problem. I even deactivated all the mods that weren't important. (Forgot to screenshot my crash in the mission) But from what i've seen from that one mission, your mod actually makes the game difficult so the small taster i just got was pretty good.

1.png

2.png

Well, well, well ... this picture seems to tell the same story than the others, that something is wrong with the vanilla game. How do i see that ? Every picture has nothing to do with X-Division, the data is not getting taken, not one bit. But your modloader is correct, so where is the issue ?

At this point im pretty much assuming you are not using steam, because this would never happen with the way steam works. So you are a GOG/Desura user ( Giving more information really helps, its less assuming on my part ). If you are using Desura i suggest you are requesting your Steam key ASAP from Chris. If you are a GOG user than the only thing i can think of is that your base, vanilla game is not correct when you update it with XCE. As far as i know 1.65 (?) should be the latest official version. You need this one before you update your vanilla game with XCE. 

At least, thats my Sherlock. Keep me updated :).