Charon

[1.65/X.CE V0.34.2] X-Division 0.99 Beta

1,272 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Mordobb said:

In most mods, inclusive in the original game , people get deceived because it sells a setting and delivers the opposite:

They start pretending being a badass organization of top notch operatives. But what is delivered is a bunch of chickenshits. In your case even worse than the original game, "soldiers" with ridiculous lowly stats,  that are probably lower than paintballers or Airsofters. Even the regular guard of the warehouse shoot 10 times better than the best of the best of what your organization has to present. The stats speak for themselves. 40 to 50 is the average civilian Joe that never shooted a gun or a milsim paintball or airsoft and most probably doesn t know what to expect. below 50 is below average when you say all the soldiers that come are 40 to 50 in strenght it means they are weaker than the average joe that doesnt do any fitness.

 

 You are comparing shooting in war time, to shooting at stationary targets.  Just because things are turn based  doesn't mean the aliens are just standing around. They make themselves as hard to hit as possible. They would quickly jump out of their UFO, shoot and then run back in, giving only a moment for the soliders to have a chance to fire at this moving target.

For comparissions:  
  - It is not uncommon for paintballers to use 100-200 balls within a ten minute period. And if you are playing experienced people, it just means they are better at using cover so it is harder for them to hit.

   - In real war almost all bullets miss. In the Iraq war one insurgeant was killed for every 250,000 rounds fired.

So yeah. The accuracy in the game is not very realistic. If you are figthing against fast, genetically modifed aliens like this, an accuracy of about 1%  might be more accurate.

----

The game is an abstraction of many things. When it comes down to it, the stats they have works for the balance of the game. It is challenging, and forces you to use tactics to defeat the aliens, without things dragging on for too long. That is the important thing.

And also realisticlly soldiers probably would have their max AP and strength when they arrive at x-Division.  They would be as fit as they can get. But then their isn't anything to advance, and that isn't as fun.

 

Edited by Sir_Dr_D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mordobb said:

By the way i have a bug. When i use a medikit and then want to remove it, the game count as if i had 2 medikits one in each hands. This happen for the mini medikit and the "as in original game" one.

Hey Mordobb.. thx!

As you talk about that, this is a general problem at this game and mods, you have a general problem too... to compare the game with the real world..

Real world won't bring you any balance at a game, because the real world is unbalanced. You can kill someone with a sniper bullet, with a rifle bullet, with a pistol bullet and with a knife too.. and yes, at real life, a military personel would hit much more often but it's same to an alien invading army from space too. Do you want to get hit everytime an alien shoots you?..

So, another problem is progressing at the game. If i give you sure hit commandos with one shot sniper rifles at the beginning, what will you plan to get at phase 4? even phase 2? A soldier with good strength would able to throw a grenade much better.. A soldier with accuracy could hit better.. you need to give them time and train them..

A suppressed unit would crouch and it will make him %25 harder to hit.. if there is an obstacle, it's much lower. If you sniper did not move at the same turn before fire, his hit change will me much higher.. but as i said it does not change the penalty he will get from the things i counted before.. there is many things you know wrong about the game mechanics such as there is no "fire and ballistic damage" for a weapon.. you can't use main damage types together.

Everything is about taste.. everything likes something different.. something is balanced for you, other will think it's chaos.. At this point, if you think the content is good but not for your taste, you can edit it by yourself.

All the new soldier stats are at gameconfig.xml... go for it and give 100-150 accuracy to new soldiers. All weapon damage and hit chances are at weapons_gc.xml, you can go and do whatever edit you want. So 2 files can solve all your problems..

Btw, you can't miss point blank.. it should be a unique map tile error for a specific place and position. And i created tons of explosives to use for hard times.. i tried to create any solution to any use..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2016‎-‎11‎-‎26 at 1:47 PM, Charon said:

Well written !

EDIT: Added to the Hall of Fame.

THank you :)     Though i don't really know what this hall of fame is.    Anyway I appreciate this game you guys are making, and in order to use all the wonderfull stuff you guys have in there, one has to realize how much of the stuff is their for soldier versatility.

 

__________________

On another note, there is a bug I just dicovered. If you check a soldiers inventory over a tile that contains a stunned Xenomorph the game will crash. So it must be looking for some resource that isn't there.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mordobb said:

They start pretending being a badass organization of top notch operatives. But what is delivered is a bunch of chickenshits. In your case even worse than the original game, "soldiers" with ridiculous lowly stats,  that are probably lower than paintballers or Airsofters. Even the regular guard of the warehouse shoot 10 times better than the best of the best of what your organization has to present. The stats speak for themselves. 40 to 50 is the average civilian Joe that never shooted a gun or a milsim paintball or airsoft and most probably doesn t know what to expect. below 50 is below average when you say all the soldiers that come are 40 to 50 in strenght it means they are weaker than the average joe that doesnt do any fitness.

I was expecting soldiers not people getting spooket of the result of a trigger press, of an explosion, running off when someone is wounded or dead. This was nice for WW1 setting when people went with the flower on the gun, or WW2. Many report of ONU veteran says todays soldiers are much more blazed and know that death and pernmanent woulds are a fact of soldiering and warrying, even if after the combat they break they tend to stay firm when the shit hit the fan. At least not with the running like % that we see in the mod. 

Its a game. dude. We are not cross checking every value in the game for a supposedly common conception what is "real" warfare. If you want real warfare, talk with some romans, they knew how to make war.

4 hours ago, Mordobb said:

Such lack of coherence put me off, completely, i expect things as promised, and probably many others too, now i know its beta. I expected bugs not design flaws.

UHm, wut are you talking about ? First, why do you think your perception of reality is the only right one. Secondly, where did we promise what ? We told you this is a game, and you got a game. And what has that to do with a beta :D ? Dude, look to No Mans Sky and talk again.

4 hours ago, Mordobb said:

I hope it is clear that i am not complaining about the superior quality of the aliens, but complaining at the extremely poor quality of the soldiers, they seem the reject of the military world, those even the poorest roops want to see far off. Not in a place that is supposed to save the world.(Althought the X division doesn t fit much is supposed to save the world, so things get weird in why they are governamental financed)

XD XD XD. I agree about the soldiers, but this is a game - you know with GAMEplay, not REALplay. For people who understand this, its not a problem to play a game as long as the gameplay mechanics are fun to deal with.

4 hours ago, Mordobb said:

There s no excuse for a sniper to miss a prone wounded suppressed alien on the open which is on the same spot for the 2cd round at 20 meters from the sniper, even i could do it.

Dude, this is what is called game limitations. We didnt program the game, and neither can we put in those things.

Btw, where did you read that is the turned based ARMA 3 variant ?

4 hours ago, Mordobb said:

There s no excuse for missing 6 shots at point blank, i mean at slap distance.

Oh, dear, you dont know how many sure shotgun kills i have missed in halo because i was nervous. Neither do you know how many shotgun shots were missed in actual combat due to battlefield confusion.

4 hours ago, Mordobb said:

I know the engine is extremely limited, but i ve already seen bullets that did "ballistic + fire damage" so such bullets should be avaliable from the start, or at least reshearchable from the start.

Thats not possible.

4 hours ago, Mordobb said:

I understand that much probably you can t add bonuses to the soldiers for ennemy conditions (wounded, not moving, ect), but then % must be compensated by having a higher hit rate.

You seem to know what the code can do better than we do XD.

4 hours ago, Mordobb said:

Another strange thing is that everybody is crap at everything, not even mentioning totally unable to throw a grenade at a target at 6 meters (3 tiles), i mean missing the throw by 2 meters or 4?  until they get the bazooka....suddenly all aim problem are solved.

I agree., but that point is about GAMEplay, not REALplay.

4 hours ago, Mordobb said:

Solution? Bazooka squad, but thats not what i want to play, i want a tactical squad game.

If you actually play with mostly bazookas and loot destroying weapons you are going to lose quicker than Harry Potter can say "Expecto Patronum".

4 hours ago, Mordobb said:

What strikes me is none of those mistakes seem to be perceived, and this mod totally what i wished but for those problems, AWACS addition ? Awesome!!!

This actually is the only mod i am following. 

I hope such unbalance will be fixed.

They are not perceived because this is a game, not realism :).

I think you need to chill down and realise this is a game, with gameplay elements, not realplay elements.

The story and lore about this mod is exactly that, story and lore. They are not a description of the game, but ratherundermine and set the background for the game. We are not bound to phoshoric flame behaviour if we say our incendiary grenades are majorly made out of phosphor. Neither am we bound to know the chemical reactions when those react with commonly known materials and eviornment.

Looks awesome that you are with us, but realise these points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mordobb said:

By the way i have a bug. When i use a medikit and then want to remove it, the game count as if i had 2 medikits one in each hands. This happen for the mini medikit and the "as in original game" one.

Check out the known bugs section in the OP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sir_Dr_D said:

THank you :)     Though i don't really know what this hall of fame is.    Anyway I appreciate this game you guys are making, and in order to use all the wonderfull stuff you guys have in there, one has to realize how much of the stuff is their for soldier versatility.

I didnt either, i just invented it :).

The Hall of Fame concept marks content which is kept in an archive state for other people to look up, because of their value. In this case i archived it into the

thread, which is supposed to help new and veteran players to deal with the difficulty of X-Division.

I really like your idea, and it will test this out in the next Developers Diary Videos, because i didnt realise this point to this extend either.

What i did realise is that we balanced this concept very well with actual charges. The thing you have to realise is that charges + grenades have the advantage of using up way less space and weight, and additionaly in comparsion to their damage/space/weight, in comaparasion to the additional bazooka + rockets variant. The disadavantages for charges is that they only explode at the end of the alien turn, and not necessarily when you want, with some lower throw accuracy as well.
So as awesome as the bazooka + rocket variant sounds, this is mostly for the most experienced and strongest soldiers which survived the longest, because less experienced soldiers can deal the same damage output with charges + grenades, at the expent of lower accuracy throw and the charges exploding at the end of the alien turn. Apart from the fact ofcourse that less experienced soldiers wouldnt even be able to carry an sufficient amount of equipment without being slow as a snail.

Edited by Charon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Sir_Dr_D said:

On another note, there is a bug I just dicovered. If you check a soldiers inventory over a tile that contains a stunned Xenomorph the game will crash. So it must be looking for some resource that isn't there.

Would be good to know which one, because you are right, we changed the xeno ressources with the last patch. Checking it.

Yes, the XDrone stunned variant currently has a wrong path, i fixed that already.

Heres the hotfix - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B27Z44zoal_VNVFGQWpBdzZBU2c - merge and overwrite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Sir_Dr_D said:

 You are comparing shooting in war time, to shooting at stationary targets.  Just because things are turn based  doesn't mean the aliens are just standing around. They make themselves as hard to hit as possible. They would quickly jump out of their UFO, shoot and then run back in, giving only a moment for the soliders to have a chance to fire at this moving target.

For comparissions:  
  - It is not uncommon for paintballers to use 100-200 balls within a ten minute period. And if you are playing experienced people, it just means they are better at using cover so it is harder for them to hit.

   - In real war almost all bullets miss. In the Iraq war one insurgeant was killed for every 250,000 rounds fired.

So yeah. The accuracy in the game is not very realistic. If you are figthing against fast, genetically modifed aliens like this, an accuracy of about 1%  might be more accurate.

----

The game is an abstraction of many things. When it comes down to it, the stats they have works for the balance of the game. It is challenging, and forces you to use tactics to defeat the aliens, without things dragging on for too long. That is the important thing.

And also realisticlly soldiers probably would have their max AP and strength when they arrive at x-Division.  They would be as fit as they can get. But then their isn't anything to advance, and that isn't as fun.

 

Sorry, i am not. As i said in my example the target was Subdued stationary for 2 rounds the sniper was at 20 meters more or less. There s no excuses for missing such a shot. Not for elite and almost not for regular.

A sniper that is not able to shoot a 1 quarter coin at 100m within 4 seconds is expeled. Period. This in the police, not even the army. And theres an awfull diference between a quarter size and a human body.

A trained agent is capable in 4 second to unholster its weapon put 2 bullets on an human target at 7meters and holsters back.

And in the game the timeframe is around 6 seconds as the dev said. Then if you reduce that you must reduce the distance we are able to walk or run.

In war almost all shots are above 50 to 100 meters, the targets are moving usually running no straight away or toward. The aim is below 2 seconds (snap shot) instructions give that an aimed shot shouldn t reach 5 seconds or your start to wobble for various reasons. Thats another stuff i don t seeenought diference in accuracy between aimed shot and snap and burst. 

Usually in war the shooting is burst or rapid semi automatic, and the reasons are that usually 1 bullets doesn t fit the bill you need around 3 or more, or your spraying to keep ennemy head down.

All that for regular joes.

But that ain t those case i advocate. I advocated Still targets.

Sincerelly you  should use reality as an approach and stop using bad design to correct awfull design and justify awfullness with bad explanation for flawed assumptions.

Too much unplausibleness is game breaking, at least for me. 

For example: in any skill it is wayyy easyer to go 0 to 10 than 90 to 100, 100 being the max cap as in the game. So the stat progression should assume untrained personnel raise fast, and go up slower the nearest you are to 100.

But we aren t talking about untrained personnel so there should be a minimum reached or you are discarded. Are X division discarded people for inability ? I believe not.

So they should get there with minimal stats.55 should be minimal for accuracy strenght reflexes and some other, its pretty simple, correct -5 or -10 for women strenght maybe. But soldiers with regular exercises should be at least on the 60. Not your donut fat police officer. Soldiers-fit-for-war.

Up to 75 it should be relatively easy to increase, each 10s increased progression get slower....then after that it should become really slower...increasing slowness up hill. You clould even implement some hidden potential inferior to 100, randomic for each soldier. It would be interesting.

Or 

To compensate for shitty stat there should be a training facility where soldiers are put for an amount of time, ther can train their stats, 1 at a time up to a certain magical number. So if joe is a heavy weapon lifter he can gym up so the weapon doesn t feel so heavy..could say 2 point per week up to 60, 1 point per week u to 70, 1 point per month up to 80...stopping at 90.

The training facilities have a small slot allocation so the player choose who to priorise, and it could use 2 spaces in the base.

Also the soldiers could specialize, as in real life, instead to be a jack of all trade, do all, make all ...bad.

They could come with crappy stats, the player will choose what profession they will be and training will increase stats in accordance to the necessity. So someone that is trained to be shield or assault is less prone to panic than a sniper, but a sniper has greater aim than the shielder. This as long as they remain doing the function the have been trained for. If in the field the Sniper take shield and pistol his aim will be maybe superior but he will have less TU due to lack of strenght, will be prone to shit his pants and go for a run in the fields.

Also for weapon i know there s a huge relativisation for distances. But a sniper with not even 100M of reach a Shotgun with 10m ? i m not talking aim, i m talking reach. Sniper should be limited to their visual capacity period and with scope this should be increased. Sniper are trained at least to hit at 1km....certainly not with only eyeball mark 1 capacity.

For example to compensate a greater accuracy at long range " green", snipers could be "red" at short distances. It would make some sense, not having ironsight and being with a longer and heavyer weapon than normal infantry.

It suffice to think a bit and there s ways do achieve better the goal without claiming boggus restraints.

Also i have a sniper that have 75 of aim and i see little diference with my other sniper that have 59. Why ? because both miss....Stats should really mean something and i have started a new game in normal, just to see how it would come.

Now i was expecting to see better soldiers. The fisrt batch is. The upcoming are the same as veteran dif.....sad and disheartening.

Another thing, Ceasan autopsy make clear their bones have 60% lower break factor than human ones, KA they break 40% faster. A direct hit from a rocket should disable them no matter what: Broken bones, unless they have solid , non flexible armor, which aint the case ingame.(at least at the start)

Same for sibillian, their autopsy state low sights. Should keep distance, but they shoot nice a distance, maybe it s just my impression that now they get closer to shoot, which is fine, could be cranked a notch more to be perfect.

Those details are push offs.

Again, i m not complaining about Aliens being damage sponge. but I also think this is unsatisfactory. All it does, is pushing the player to use heavy weaponry as light weaponry are useless.

I think you should have thought of raising aliens QTD, inclusive tipes, per missions and not so much damage soaking. Usually numbers demand strategy, Soaking is just a matter to be more brutish. (bazooka instead of riffles).

---------------------------------------------

I found another bug... When equiped with flame thrower the soldier disappear. I think this one is an old one i remember month back on the comunity edition when i last played to have seen it.

---------------------------------------------

Even with all the criticism i wish you best of luck i ll keep an eye on the development, cause i miss this kind of games. And Xcom2 bring no satisfaction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mordobb said:

Sorry, i am not. As i said in my example the target was Subdued stationary for 2 rounds the sniper was at 20 meters more or less. There s no excuses for missing such a shot. Not for elite and almost not for regular.

You dont seem to understand "tactical round combat" does not exist in the real world. The real world is always in real time and analog, not digital. There will never be a " Oh, hey, this guy is standing right in front of me, but its not my turn so ill just have to wait until he is finished doing whatever he wants to do until its my turn and i can use my shotgun". :D

22 minutes ago, Mordobb said:

And in the game the timeframe is around 6 seconds as the dev said. Then if you reduce that you must reduce the distance we are able to walk or run.

Whatever the developers said, this doesnt apply here.

23 minutes ago, Mordobb said:

Sincerelly you  should use reality as an approach and stop using bad design to correct awfull design and justify awfullness with bad explanation for flawed assumptions.

No, we will make a game with game rules that should be fun, there is 0% realitiy in this :D. This is all part of the game which puts up digital challenges, with custom world rules, for which you find custom digital game approaches and custom digital game solutions.

27 minutes ago, Mordobb said:

So someone that is trained to be shield or assault is less prone to panic than a sniper, but a sniper has greater aim than the shielder.

A sniper naturally will gain accuracy faster because he shoots more than a shield unit, or is supposed to, thuse making his profiency in what he is doing progress faster. The battlefield is the only teacher here.

31 minutes ago, Mordobb said:

Another thing, Ceasan autopsy make clear their bones have 60% lower break factor than human ones, KA they break 40% faster. A direct hit from a rocket should disable them no matter what: Broken bones, unless they have solid , non flexible armor, which aint the case ingame.(at least at the start)

Same for sibillian, their autopsy state low sights. Should keep distance, but they shoot nice a distance, maybe it s just my impression that now they get closer to shoot, which is fine, could be cranked a notch more to be perfect.

Lore aint the game dude, they are just a cinderella story.

32 minutes ago, Mordobb said:

Again, i m not complaining about Aliens being damage sponge. but I also think this is unsatisfactory. All it does, is pushing the player to use heavy weaponry as light weaponry are useless.

The first time you are talking sense here. Indeed it does. As the game revolves around capturing live and aliens and good loot it will be your skill as a commander to make a difference, as capturing aliens and equipment is harder than straight out killing.

34 minutes ago, Mordobb said:

I think you should have thought of raising aliens QTD

Wut ?

35 minutes ago, Mordobb said:

I found another bug... When equiped with flame thrower the soldier disappear. I think this one is an old one i remember month back on the comunity edition when i last played to have seen it.

It seems like you didnt even apply the latest patch, and here you are talking about game details which are not even the most up to date version. Go read the OP, that seems to be a skill you still need to polish.

36 minutes ago, Mordobb said:

Even with all the criticism i wish you best of luck i ll keep an eye on the development, cause i miss this kind of games. And Xcom2 bring no satisfaction.

I was thinking about transfering the whole concept of X-Com to Arma 3, but apart from the huge amount of content that would need to be transfered, the game would propably bug out all the time because it simply wasnt made for this context ( research trees and stuff ). But it could be GC only, where, if you add all the content, it could "load" the input from the geoscape and there we go.

That sounds incredibly awesome, but even i have to admit that this propably goes over my abilitiy to make a coherent game.
But if a developer picks this up now, it could become something like Game of Year 2021 or so.

 


Nevertheless, Good feedback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Mordobb I wrote what you should edit for your taste.. you talk about a bug, patched months ago. 

This is not about the mod.. it's the game you got problem. "It's X-Com baby!" this a quote, people use against people like you.. Sorry but you play wrong game, not wrong mod..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just have to pop in and say that this page of comments has been really amusing for me to read. I haven't seen this type of game vs realism argument since back in Counter-Strike 1.3b :cool: I'm not going to be involved other than to say I'm impressed with how diplomatic both Drages and Charon are when it comes to the feedback the players give in regards to your mod.

I've been really distracted on clearing out a bunch of games I never managed to finish, and now I'm stuck on Final Fantasy XV :D

I can tell you though, without saving and loading during combat, I would have lost my almost my whole Alpha squad in Phase 4, especially against Andron's. My only comment is that the Spiritwolf Mech feels very strong for Phase 3, in Phase 4 they can get killed pretty easily by heavy drones etc.

Keen to see when the next patch rolls around :)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sectiplave said:

I just have to pop in and say that this page of comments has been really amusing for me to read. I haven't seen this type of game vs realism argument since back in Counter-Strike 1.3b :cool: I'm not going to be involved other than to say I'm impressed with how diplomatic both Drages and Charon are when it comes to the feedback the players give in regards to your mod.

I've been really distracted on clearing out a bunch of games I never managed to finish, and now I'm stuck on Final Fantasy XV :D

I can tell you though, without saving and loading during combat, I would have lost my almost my whole Alpha squad in Phase 4, especially against Andron's. My only comment is that the Spiritwolf Mech feels very strong for Phase 3, in Phase 4 they can get killed pretty easily by heavy drones etc.

Keen to see when the next patch rolls around :)

Hey Sec!

Please don't distract by anything :).. i would love to see some saves from that situations you talk about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, drages said:

@Mordobb I wrote what you should edit for your taste.. you talk about a bug, patched months ago. 

This is not about the mod.. it's the game you got problem. "It's X-Com baby!" this a quote, people use against people like you.. Sorry but you play wrong game, not wrong mod..

 

No, i ain t the problem i m fine with all the original Xcom and some folowers.

Its your settings that aren t  balanced its wayyy diferent.

As for exemple: In Xcom 3 Apocalypse there was a training center, to compensate for bad stats.

Aliens but exeptions weren t bullet sponges combined to way too bad soldiers. It usually was one or another. 

As Xcom EU soldiers were a bit better than what you offer, and progression was faster in skills being slower in the last bits to get to 100.

In TFTD soldiers and weaponry was very bad but then soldiers (in all games for what matters) were quite inexpensive.

As for UFO extraterestrial gold, UF: Aftermath, UFO aftershock, UFO: Afterlight and so on.

And i m used to play on insane or whatever the worst diff. and most time have my butt kicked and having a blast the same, which doesn t happens much here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mordobb said:

No, i ain t the problem i m fine with all the original Xcom and some folowers.

Its your settings that aren t  balanced its wayyy diferent.

As for exemple: In Xcom 3 Apocalypse there was a training center, to compensate for bad stats.

Aliens but exeptions weren t bullet sponges combined to way too bad soldiers. It usually was one or another. 

As Xcom EU soldiers were a bit better than what you offer, and progression was faster in skills being slower in the last bits to get to 100.

In TFTD soldiers and weaponry was very bad but then soldiers (in all games for what matters) were quite inexpensive.

As for UFO extraterestrial gold....and so on.

And i m used to play on insane or whatever the worst diff. and most time have my butt kicked and having a blast the same, which doesn t happens much here.

As someone who did not patch your mod for months, you talk about thin air. If you use right weapon types, you can kill any bullet sponges way faster.

I think you played the mod for 15 minutes and talk like you finished and saw everything in it.. there are many developer videos at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJiDtR6YHRDiW4dpa_F-2aQ charons channel.. i did not see him using any explosives or rockets yet.. 

There are people who finished the mod, and some of them think that it's easy at even veteran.. so...

Even if you played the mod a bit more, like for example until phase 3, i could understand and listen your critics.. but you did not even patch something, at non-stop development progress..

I don't think you have right to speak so directly..

As i say 3. time, go edit the starting soldier stats and be happy.. and let us stay happy too..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Charon said:

You dont seem to understand "tactical round combat" does not exist in the real world. The real world is always in real time and analog, not digital. There will never be a " Oh, hey, this guy is standing right in front of me, but its not my turn so ill just have to wait until he is finished doing whatever he wants to do until its my turn and i can use my shotgun". :D

Whatever the developers said, this doesnt apply here.

No, we will make a game with game rules that should be fun, there is 0% realitiy in this :D. This is all part of the game which puts up digital challenges, with custom world rules, for which you find custom digital game approaches and custom digital game solutions.

A sniper naturally will gain accuracy faster because he shoots more than a shield unit, or is supposed to, thuse making his profiency in what he is doing progress faster. The battlefield is the only teacher here.

Lore aint the game dude, they are just a cinderella story.

The first time you are talking sense here. Indeed it does. As the game revolves around capturing live and aliens and good loot it will be your skill as a commander to make a difference, as capturing aliens and equipment is harder than straight out killing.

Wut ?

It seems like you didnt even apply the latest patch, and here you are talking about game details which are not even the most up to date version. Go read the OP, that seems to be a skill you still need to polish.

I was thinking about transfering the whole concept of X-Com to Arma 3, but apart from the huge amount of content that would need to be transfered, the game would propably bug out all the time because it simply wasnt made for this context ( research trees and stuff ). But it could be GC only, where, if you add all the content, it could "load" the input from the geoscape and there we go.

That sounds incredibly awesome, but even i have to admit that this propably goes over my abilitiy to make a coherent game.
But if a developer picks this up now, it could become something like Game of Year 2021 or so.

 


Nevertheless, Good feedback.

"i have to admit that this propably goes over my abilitiy to make a coherent game. "

That and engine limitation are closing stuff to almost any argumentation i have and are fully acceptable.

Even if i think its merelly a matter of adjusting stuff.

As example:

Offer more kinds of bullets (if possible)

Raise weaponry range and adjust probability to hit.  

Raise the sniper max sight (if possible)

Raise the sniper accuracy at long range decrease at low range. (if possible)

Raise players stats so they seem effective (attaining target) but aliens are resistant.

Maybe i m pushing too much on the necessity of Cohesion....but those below also are anoying points:

Like why the basic "tank" seem as weak as a soldier without armor ? Then why the thank takes 2 or 4 soldiers space, way more expansive and less eficient ?

I would have no problem with that if we could make some money selling manufactured goods, but unfortunatly we don t.

You introduced ballistic weapons to the aliens (which is fun) Why not let the player have ballistic vests ?

The base description as not having them its because they are useless agaisnt energy weaponry. But now that this premise is untrue ?

 

By the way 2 more problems:

Incendiary rockets and grenades appear under "Aircraft weaponry"

Mauser aircraft weapon appear under "vehicle weaponry"

Mod Info says 99.1 version, but i downloaded 99.8 from the link. will seek if there s another version.

 

Not important to read, read if you wish:

I know that turn based combat if figuration of real combat sistem with pause or paused orders orders and simultaneaous resolution or real life or whatever.

If you were not to use "reality" and "plausability/believable" why use real weaponry as a base setting, real armor and have the work to explain why they don t work, why chinook and not some ficticious other mean etcetcetc?

Lets use fun:

Having soldiers that are totall operational bullshit, when they shouldn t  is NOT fun IMO.

Having a game that doesn t respect the settings it claims is NOT fun IMO. (so advertise anything and sell something else )

Having a game that doesn t have plausible settings, while it tries to mimic them, is not fun IMO. (no matter how cinderella stuff are)

As said above, to me Its merely a matter of adjusting concept and operation in accordance. Or simply explaining why it s not feasable, engine skill, time, whatever.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, drages said:

As someone who did not patch your mod for months, you talk about thin air. If you use right weapon types, you can kill any bullet sponges way faster.

I think you played the mod for 15 minutes and talk like you finished and saw everything in it.. there are many developer videos at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJiDtR6YHRDiW4dpa_F-2aQ charons channel.. i did not see him using any explosives or rockets yet.. 

There are people who finished the mod, and some of them think that it's easy at even veteran.. so...

Even if you played the mod a bit more, like for example until phase 3, i could understand and listen your critics.. but you did not even patch something, at non-stop development progress..

I don't think you have right to speak so directly..

As i say 3. time, go edit the starting soldier stats and be happy.. and let us stay happy too..

If right weapon means only big weapons, i already said what i think about that. Yes i could do it. but then what is the point of having lesser weapons?

No i havent seen all, sorry if i haven t stated it.

Ok.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mordobb said:

If right weapon means only big weapons, i already said what i think about that. Yes i could do it. but then what is the point of having lesser weapons?

No i havent seen all, sorry if i haven t stated it.

Ok.

 

Right weapon is right damage type against weak enemy. I mean you can't kill a caesan with laser weapon and can't kill an andron with ballistic rifle. You can but it takes much longer because they got resistance against that damage type..

You really don't know about this mod's mechanic and you are trying to talk about it.. why??.. why do you write so much about something, you don't have any idea...

It's not making sense, you know... please stop this..i can't discuss my mod with someone who don't have any idea about it..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Mordobb said:

Offer more kinds of bullets (if possible)

Its not possible, there can only be 1 kind of bullet for 1 weapon.

20 minutes ago, Mordobb said:

Raise the sniper accuracy at long range decrease at low range. (if possible)

Its not possible.

20 minutes ago, Mordobb said:

Like why the basic "tank" seem as weak as a soldier without armor ? Then why the thank takes 2 or 4 soldiers space, way more expansive and less eficient ?

Dude, we dont even play the same game. This is not in X-Division 0.99.

This is the last warning, stop saying nonsense or ill want you removed from this thread.

 

23 minutes ago, Mordobb said:

Mod Info says 99.1 version, but i downloaded 99.8 from the link. will seek if there s another version.

This just goes beyond any ignorant comment i have ever seen :D. There is no 99.8 version.

I suspect you may having the 0.98 version and are talking about the 0.99.

27 minutes ago, Mordobb said:

Incendiary rockets and grenades appear under "Aircraft weaponry"

Mauser aircraft weapon appear under "vehicle weaponry"

This is not X-Division.

 

All in all i would ask you to leave this thread immediately. This thread is about X-Division 0.99 and you are clearly talking about a different game here. There is standart of politeness i would like to maintain in this thread, and the bottom line is reading the OP and understanding it to a appropriate degree. The only excuse is the language barrier (Russian people are welcome here :), although i most cases i dont understand them XD ).

I think we may have gotten one of the most beautiful additions from a russian guy :).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys!

 

Thanks for this wonderful mod, the vanilla one was really stressful but with this one I'm close to a heart attack at every UFO breaching.

 

But recently it have been even more stresfull because there is a problem with the enchanted shield.

2 or 3 ground combat ago I realised that one of my shield guy began with an enchanted shield of 0/150 hp. 

I then tried to build a new one and give it to this sad boy on the team setup screen but still, 0/150 hp...

And when I removed the shield of another dude who got 150/150 to put it back, it shows 0/150. The normal shield works fine though...

I tried to modify some value (clipsize) on weapon and weapon_gc.xml but still nothing.

And loading an older save doesn't fix it. 

 

Maybe this issue is already known and fixed but I haven't found any solution. 

Oh and I can't build a mag minigun, game crash when the gun is finished.

 

Someone got an idea?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Krivers said:

Hey guys!

 

Thanks for this wonderful mod, the vanilla one was really stressful but with this one I'm close to a heart attack at every UFO breaching.

 

But recently it have been even more stresfull because there is a problem with the enchanted shield.

2 or 3 ground combat ago I realised that one of my shield guy began with an enchanted shield of 0/150 hp. 

I then tried to build a new one and give it to this sad boy on the team setup screen but still, 0/150 hp...

And when I removed the shield of another dude who got 150/150 to put it back, it shows 0/150. The normal shield works fine though...

I tried to modify some value (clipsize) on weapon and weapon_gc.xml but still nothing.

And loading an older save doesn't fix it. 

 

Maybe this issue is already known and fixed but I haven't found any solution. 

Oh and I can't build a mag minigun, game crash when the gun is finished.

 

Someone got an idea?

Thx Krives.

Shield problem is an engine problem and we will handle it at next patch, for now you can make it "Unlimited" at items.xml file. This should handle the problem.

Mag minigun will be handled too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

7 minutes ago, drages said:

Thx Krives.

Shield problem is an engine problem and we will handle it at next patch, for now you can make it "Unlimited" at items.xml file. This should handle the problem.

Mag minigun will be handled too!

Nice! Gonna crush this batlleship (or not) now =)

Thanks drages

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Krivers said:

Maybe this issue is already known and fixed but I haven't found any solution. 

Yes it is know and a new system is already implemented. As far as i can recall from my xenophobia days, the correct value gets taken once you your dropships comes back from a mission, and you dont remove a shield. Its lame, we know.
Fixed.

41 minutes ago, Krivers said:

Oh and I can't build a mag minigun, game crash when the gun is finished.

Fixed. Thanks for the heads up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is what we are currently thinking about in the development

 

Showcase current Development

 

Edited by Charon
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well i upgraded. I don t know if i ve done something wrong but i still got some issues like the double medikit after using them. The main UI is a bit messy in the sense many fonts are black upon a dark blue UI so you have to "fish" a bit to find the buttons for them to become white.

The upgrade indeed brought a huge improovement on combat even if tuff, it was fun. Maybe the scenario, but most probably Alien AI seemed most improoved.

Even if i think replacement soldiers starts are a bit low compared to initial soldier stats.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now