[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Charon

23 hours ago, Charon said:

@Juvilado

broken arm, cant write much.

your modloader is wrong. there is the official priority list in the instructions, please compare on your own. send back results.

First: Get better!

Second: Thanks, mod loading changed and knife remains between missions.

Found another potential bug: When i place an empty weapon in the backpack, and save/load, then magic! The weapon is loaded = infinite cheat ammo.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Juvilado said:

Found another potential bug: When i place an empty weapon in the backpack, and save/load, then magic! The weapon is loaded = infinite cheat ammo.

yo, dont tell others about it. vanilla bug. @Solver can put down a note, but i guess its unlikely to get fixed.

Bug?: The game freezes often when a medium alien (xenomorph) counterattacks (in response to pointblank melee combat or moving adjacent to it). Don't remember if it froze with other xenos, i think not.

Also related, the game spends (too much?) time when in alien turn the enemy is making a melee attack (it didn't in the last release), i dont know if it is due to AI thinking, loading movements or whatever...

Don't think bad, im only reporting these for improving this already awesome mod!!

Edited by Juvilado

1 hour ago, Juvilado said:

Bug?: The game freezes often when a medium alien (xenomorph) counterattacks (in response to pointblank melee combat or moving adjacent to it). Don't remember if it froze with other xenos, i think not.

more info necessary, screenshoot or video preferable + ( like always ) modloader.

1 hour ago, Charon said:

more info necessary, screenshoot or video preferable + ( like always ) modloader.

2ld7ngk.jpg

I hope this time the mod loader is ok. There are some "unstable" X:CE mods at the end, it is ok? or is it outdated? 

I'll post the next time a Xeno incident occurs, meanwhile i send you a savegame with game crashing at alien turn.

crashes at alien turn.sav

2 minutes ago, Juvilado said:

2ld7ngk.jpg

I hope this time the mod loader is ok. There are some "unstable" X:CE mods at the end, it is ok? or is it outdated? 

I'll post the next time a Xeno incident occurs, meanwhile i send you a savegame with game crashing at alien turn.

crashes at alien turn.sav

looks quite good. the xce ones are ok.

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut .... i just noticed you are using not the right game\launcher. look at the right top and compare it to the official one. then search your game for the correct xce exe. its either in the xeno folder or in the xce folder. if you cant find it you are using an outdated xce version.

37 minutes ago, Charon said:

looks quite good. the xce ones are ok.

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut .... i just noticed you are using not the right game\launcher. look at the right top and compare it to the official one. then search your game for the correct xce exe. its either in the xeno folder or in the xce folder. if you cant find it you are using an outdated xce version.

Thanks for your patience. I think NOW i have a correct installation (i hope...).

The game still crashes in alien turn...

4loy1e.jpg

Thanks for your patience. I think NOW i have a correct installation (i hope...).

The game still crashes in alien turn...

4loy1e.jpg

check your tropical mod, wrong version. delete folder > copy right one out of the x-div rar.

how did you downgrade your tropical version, since you are not using steam ?

36 minutes ago, Charon said:

check your tropical mod, wrong version. delete folder > copy right one out of the x-div rar.

how did you downgrade your tropical version, since you are not using steam ?

Yes! You are a smart observer! When I Dloaded to upgrade

It looks like the map pack is a little outdated there, only the tropical. 

Anyway i wasn't paying too much attention to it as i think my gamecrash is unrelated, as the map where im having the crash is a desert.

With all things working, still crashing (same savegame i posted before).

I will try to use the editor mode, reveal the map and see. Maybe kill the aliens if i can't solve it elseway...

4 minutes ago, Juvilado said:

Yes! You are a smart observer! When I Dloaded to upgrade

It looks like the map pack is a little outdated there, only the tropical. 

Anyway i wasn't paying too much attention to it as i think my gamecrash is unrelated, as the map where im having the crash is a desert.

With all things working, still crashing (same savegame i posted before).

I will try to use the editor mode, reveal the map and see. Maybe kill the aliens if i can't solve it elseway...

well, i dont want to be sore, but ... this would mean a lot of fixing again :p. its easier if you would do a clean installation, following the instructions to the letter. you dont have to, but its not x-division you are playing. Either  way, good luck and have fun :).

is there anything we could make easier for the installation ?

@Phoenix1x+52 see. this is the reason an installer could really be helpful :).

Question, I just got the game installed. It loaded up fine but errr...everything is in french. I can understand...a little bit of french but before i installed the mod game was in english.

Edit! Nevermind i seem to have accidentally activated the french settings in the loader

Edited by Dirtnap86

@Charon

Well i dloaded again xenonauts from gog, clean install from scratch. 

Followed one by one the instructions. 

Modloader and version are correct. 

Started new game. 

Still vanishing knife after carrying it in the backpack during a mission... 

Edited by Juvilado

Still vanishing knife after carrying it in the backpack during a mission... 

thats new ? old ? all ?

please always append the modloader, everytime you make a bug report. also giving more information helps me to get to the bottom of this.

I can say that your problems dont exist, i support multiple youtubers and their recorded experience on screen is ok.

But we can go through it one by one.

1. did you delete everything before making a clean reinstall ?
2. did you properly upgrade your gog version to the latest one ( 1.65 ) ?
3 did you properly install xce ?

39 minutes ago, Charon said:

thats new ? old ? all ?

please always append the modloader, everytime you make a bug report. also giving more information helps me to get to the bottom of this.

I can say that your problems dont exist, i support multiple youtubers and their recorded experience on screen is ok.

But we can go through it one by one.

1. did you delete everything before making a clean reinstall ?
2. did you properly upgrade your gog version to the latest one ( 1.65 ) ?
3 did you properly install xce ?

1. I just installed Xenonauts in a new separate folder.

2.- I just downloaded yesterday from GOG the game, tried to apply any patch available, but says it is already updated.This shows if i would open xenonauts from main folder.

242zxbc.jpg

3.- I followed step by step the instructions, even deleting the folder in roaming/... This shows if i open xenonauts from xce folder, from where i think it is supposed to run the game. 

os4iog.jpg

The savegame location is the same for both installations, but i don't think it really matters...

Edited by Juvilado

1. I just installed Xenonauts in a new separate folder.

2.- I just downloaded yesterday from GOG the game, tried to apply any patch available, but says it is already updated.This shows if i would open xenonauts from main folder.

242zxbc.jpg

3.- I followed step by step the instructions, even deleting the folder in roaming/... This shows if i open xenonauts from xce folder

os4iog.jpg

looks very ok.

How do you extract the rar ?

8 minutes ago, Charon said:

looks very ok.

How do you extract the rar ?

Using Wingrar, then copy the assets folder into xenonauts main folder, as it is said. No errors have been reported in this way.

I have to execute the xenonauts.exe from xce golder isnt it?

Im getting crazy with this!

Anyway the game is full playable, by now (with this fresh install) only the knife issue happened...

I think i could mess up with the editor to create several knifes axes and so in a mission and see if they are gone all, or some or sometimes...

Edited by Juvilado

Using Wingrar, then copy the assets folder into xenonauts main folder, as it is said. No errors have been reported in this way.

What do you click on ? walk me through.

2 minutes ago, Juvilado said:

I have to execute the xenonauts.exe from xce golder isnt it?

as long as you get the right launcher it doesnt matter i think. but yes gog is in the xce folder, i think.

you can give me more information if you

1. start up the game
2. new game > enter ground combat > alt tab out of the game
3. look to the folder where you deleted the scripts, there is a logfile, you can directly append it to the post.

10 minutes ago, Charon said:

What do you click on ? walk me through.

as long as you get the right launcher it doesnt matter i think. but yes gog is in the xce folder, i think.

you can give me more information if you

1. start up the game
2. new game > enter ground combat > alt tab out of the game
3. look to the folder where you deleted the scripts, there is a logfile, you can directly append it to the post.

I recently deleted the sript folder again (after the knife incident) just for check if that solved a thing...

nl1roo.jpg

logfile.txt

Edited by Juvilado

I recently deleted the sript folder again (after the knife incident) just for check if that solved a thing...

logfile.txt

your logfile says everything is perfect, so your game must be as perfectly set up as any other.

Ok, now onto the knife issue, i would greatly appreciate screenshots or videos, with a more detailed description of what is happening.

and i still need to know how you extracted the multirar file. what do you click on ?

3 minutes ago, Charon said:

your logfile says everything is perfect, so your game must be as perfectly set up as any other.

Ok, now onto the knife issue, i would greatly appreciate screenshots or videos, with a more detailed description of what is happening.

and i still need to know how you extracted the multirar file. what do you click on ?

nl1roo.jpg

right click on rar file then extract. I don't think an error could be occurring at that cocrete point...

Ive never recorded a video, i supose i should need a specific program to do that? about the screenshots, ill try to recreate the issue and give you as much info as i can.

Edited by Juvilado

Just now, Juvilado said:

nl1roo.jpg

right click on rar file then extract. I don't think an error could be occurring at that cocrete point...

i agree, but i also had a case where someone extracted each individual rar file - which is not the point in a multirar file.

Onto the knife issue :).

6 minutes ago, Charon said:

grenade.knife

Well now i tried with a knife-2 and didn't disappear in 2 missions (cheating of course).

Im quite disconcerted...

I will go on playing a normal campaign and if it happens again, i will tell you.

Thanks for all your efforts and patience

• Like 1

Just now, Juvilado said:

Well now i tried with a knife-2 and didn't disappear in 2 missions (cheating of course).

Im quite disconcerted...

I will go on playing a normal campaign and if it happens again, i will tell you.

Thanks for all your efforts and patience

You are welcome, your game looks to be perfectly set up, so everything should be working now. if something happens we can properly troubleshoot it.

:) good luck :)