[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Charon

Not sure if it was reported already but I think this should be fixed.

Dropped a squad on a mission. Among other things, I had 5 missiles and 3 C4's which were all used up in the mission. When the mission was done, I directly sent the same team to a nearby UFO landing. When the map started, I had the same number of missiles and C4's along with all the grenades and clips that I've used up. It's not game breaking but I kinda expected to play with a handicap and scavenge alien weapons to use against them but instead, everything was replenished as if I came from my HQ.

Basically, equipment used up during a mission gets replenished even if you don't land at HQ.

34 minutes ago, Isdalicious said:

Not sure if it was reported already but I think this should be fixed.

Dropped a squad on a mission. Among other things, I had 5 missiles and 3 C4's which were all used up in the mission. When the mission was done, I directly sent the same team to a nearby UFO landing. When the map started, I had the same number of missiles and C4's along with all the grenades and clips that I've used up. It's not game breaking but I kinda expected to play with a handicap and scavenge alien weapons to use against them but instead, everything was replenished as if I came from my HQ.

Basically, equipment used up during a mission gets replenished even if you don't land at HQ.

Vanilla bug, nothing we can do. @Solver could take a look if he wants to, but i think he is caught up in another game right now ;).

2 hours ago, Charon said:

Vanilla bug, nothing we can do. @Solver could take a look if he wants to, but i think he is caught up in another game right now ;).

I've looked at it, it's too minor to really warrant fixing. It annoys me as well but fixing it can mess quite a lot with equipment / items.

• Like 1

Would it be possible to tune down the volume on some of the added sounds? The xenomorph screams in particular are ear-splittingly loud, much much louder than both the music and the ambient sounds.

I think a few ambient noises could be tuned down as well. Not sure if those mods fall under the purview of x-division; but I'll be noting them down as I play.

I think this is a bug:
What exactly does enchanted shield production give? It's labeled under one time update, so i thought i'd manufacture it once, then see a shield upgrade across the board.

Attached is a save file where enchanted shield is 3 hours from completion. Upon completion, I get a notification that enchanted shield is available for research again. Enchanted shield production is *also* still availble.

Nutritious breakfast.sav

2 hours ago, thethirteenth1 said:

Would it be possible to tune down the volume on some of the added sounds? The xenomorph screams in particular are ear-splittingly loud, much much louder than both the music and the ambient sounds.

sounds_gc for X-Division. You can also turn down the master volume.

2 hours ago, thethirteenth1 said:

I think a few ambient noises could be tuned down as well. Not sure if those mods fall under the purview of x-division; but I'll be noting them down as I play.

Ambient sounds are only in ambient sound mods.

1 hour ago, thethirteenth1 said:

I think this is a bug:
What exactly does enchanted shield production give? It's labeled under one time update, so i thought i'd manufacture it once, then see a shield upgrade across the board.

Sry doesnt work that way. Research the shield upgrade again.

LockManufacture doesnt work yet, but was supposed to. And  the research description could use an update on what it actually does.

12 minutes ago, thethirteenth1 said:

Awesome, thanks!

Heres the updated description:

<Cell ss:StyleID="s87"><Data ss:Type="String">We will just have to distribute this shields to our men now. 

Let me make some last changes ... .</Data></Cell>

Github is now fully setup and synchronised with my local computer: https://github.com/X-Division/X-Division

I can now push changes with

git add .
git commit -m ""
git push -u origin master

to the server 24/7 . Suggestions can be made on github anytime as well. I hope this makes it easier if somebody wants to help.

A big thanks to the community to push us so far :).

Let me start off by saying I love this mod, and can never go back to the vanilla game!

On my first attempt at attacking an alien base I'm feeling great! Got my A Team in The Band of the Hawk strapped to the max and ready for whatever!! Long story short, we weren't ready for whatever. The mission ended in about 3-4 turns with me leaving with 2 survivors.

Feeling like a complete failure I immediately send a second team in. To my surprise in the few hours it took the new team to get there the base is completely different. However the outcome to this assault was the exact same except 3 men made it back (yay!)  

At this point I just want to see what it looks like to get past one or two rooms. So I send in a third team. Mostly scrubs and two vets on the brink of death. Well we get there and guess what happens this time! Everyone dies in a corridor!

So could someone do me a solid and let me know the secret to these things? Even though the mod is harder than the base game I haven't really expirienced this much difficulty yet. Vanilla game I have no problem attacking bases. But here once I open that first door it's a wrap. Also if someone could tell me what weapons you use to kill the big alien (no idea what it's called, looks kindve like xeno but not really)  it would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks in advance for the help! Your input will help save millions of lives!

4 hours ago, thecoloredguy said:

Let me start off by saying I love this mod, and can never go back to the vanilla game!

On my first attempt at attacking an alien base I'm feeling great! Got my A Team in The Band of the Hawk strapped to the max and ready for whatever!! Long story short, we weren't ready for whatever. The mission ended in about 3-4 turns with me leaving with 2 survivors.

Feeling like a complete failure I immediately send a second team in. To my surprise in the few hours it took the new team to get there the base is completely different. However the outcome to this assault was the exact same except 3 men made it back (yay!)  

At this point I just want to see what it looks like to get past one or two rooms. So I send in a third team. Mostly scrubs and two vets on the brink of death. Well we get there and guess what happens this time! Everyone dies in a corridor!

So could someone do me a solid and let me know the secret to these things? Even though the mod is harder than the base game I haven't really expirienced this much difficulty yet. Vanilla game I have no problem attacking bases. But here once I open that first door it's a wrap. Also if someone could tell me what weapons you use to kill the big alien (no idea what it's called, looks kindve like xeno but not really)  it would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks in advance for the help! Your input will help save millions of lives!

Muahahhahaha 

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=DfezKOV0fEU

bases are,... somewhat tough. and you have seen nothing yet. they can be done in many ways, but certainly not with underprepared troops and equipment. and they are meant to be done in ironman mode so that you feel the power. there is no secret, only death and pain awaits you there. oh yes, also some great rewards too, if you manage to capture lots of stuff. :) 

as a rule, dont try to attack a base witch is ahead of you technollogicaly ie in pase 2 do outposts, p3 bases and p4 forresses. otherwise you are in a world of hurt. it can be done, but you must REALLY know your shit, and even then it will hurt. a lot. good luck commander, and gods speed. 

4 hours ago, severinks666 said:

Hey, getting the [ 'X' is not a mannufacture category ] series of errors. Tried searching this topic and looking up the requirements section. I believe I'm doing everything according to the manual.

mod.PNG

No unfortunately your modloader looks pretty messed up.

mod.PNG.782786b16e47fb5f4e4d8b57261735e0.PNG

After that

1. Delete everything. Make a clean reinstall. Patch your game correctly up to the 1.65 version. Correctly install xce. This can help you:

https://youtu.be/Jh0_Yjmbmpg?t=2m4s

2. Find the right launcher.  The correct one looks like the official image ( check right upper corner ).

3. Follow the offical installation instructions from 4. again.

You are by any chance russian ?

Edited by Charon

Hi. Great mod guys. Spent a lot of time playing in it. 

I want to show you some:

this happend with me twice. I found the last alien on the map, but i cant reach him, cant shoot, cant throw a granade. But, after several turns i got a win screen, without killling him. 

PS: new androns are pain in the ass.

xenonauts_2017_06_10_22_46_51_585.jpg

• Like 1

Bugs found so far with this new release:

- Still had to delete Psi powers on caesans, otherwise the game freezes in alien turn (sometimes)

- Knifes (powerful weapon!) vanishing after returning from ground combat. They are not available anymore in the weapon selection. I dont know if this is intented or not. If it is, i wouldnt go for stunning xenomorfs anymore, as i dont find it rewarding...

- The "one time upgrade work" for shields doesnt dissappear once done. I think it should. 

Wonderful Mod! Regards!

32 minutes ago, Juvilado said:

Bugs found so far with this new release:

- Still had to delete Psi powers on caesans, otherwise the game freezes in alien turn (sometimes)

- Knifes (powerful weapon!) vanishing after returning from ground combat. They are not available anymore in the weapon selection. I dont know if this is intented or not. If it is, i wouldnt go for stunning xenomorfs anymore, as i dont find it rewarding...

wrong install.

32 minutes ago, Juvilado said:

- The "one time upgrade work" for shields doesnt dissappear once done. I think it should. 

Yes, Lockmanufacture doesnt work yet. @Solver its on my wishlist.