[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Charon

sorry if i do not understand the instructions right. do i just need to download the three parts or do i have to apply another patch again?

cause the patch links are either not working or referring to the three parts download.

2 hours ago, vasig said:

Sorry, but Part 2  MD5: e635e5ada7cc9bafca2131149ba7baea

Yes, thats correct - copy and paste error.

1 hour ago, paras said:

sorry if i do not understand the instructions right. do i just need to download the three parts or do i have to apply another patch again?

cause the patch links are either not working or referring to the three parts download.

Revised the patch installation instrunctions:

Installation:

1. 0.99.4 is the current version - there is currently no patch available nor necessary !
Edited by Charon

8 hours ago, vasig said:

I agree, but how they fit everything in such a small UFO? and what is ALIENS KILLED 29/29?

Sorry, but I do not know how can record video from the screen :(

You can use OBS tp record stuff.

The battle scanner counts 11 aliens + 9 infected humans * 2 ( yes, parts ... gross ). That is after the battle is over. There is still enough room for 11 aliens.

5 hours ago, Charon said:

You can use OBS tp record stuff.

The battle scanner counts 11 aliens + 9 infected humans * 2 ( yes, parts ... gross ). That is after the battle is over. There is still enough room for 11 aliens.

Thank you! Now everything is clear.

modloader.jpg

Last version (0.99.4) changed some of the material needed for vehicles. Are you really sure with it?

I just started a new campaign with this new version (seen at Youtube

).

The Defender (the 2nd tank) now needs 30 light fibre - this would probably need about one month for only one vehicle. And the possible loss would destroy the work of about 10 or more missions. Totally not balanced in my books, this effeciently takes the Defender out of the (early) game. Or does I understand something wrong (I am quite new to the X-Division mod, so far I only knew X:CE and the basic game)?

1 hour ago, Marandor1 said:

The Defender (the 2nd tank) now needs 30 light fibre - this would probably need about one month for only one vehicle. And the possible loss would destroy the work of about 10 or more missions. Totally not balanced in my books, this effeciently takes the Defender out of the (early) game. Or does I understand something wrong (I am quite new to the X-Division mod, so far I only knew X:CE and the basic game)?

As far as the numerous playtesting from a lot of people has made its result, the defender tank makes the early game way too easy, especially since you have lightscouts and scouts in the mix which units range from 3 - 9 squads each. A defender can defeat that almost alone.
The unit count increases with bigger ships which potentially gives you more corpses along the way making it easier and easier to build a defender as time goes on as long as you dont blow shit up too much.
The design here is to make your best vehicle always something you will regret losing if it happens, while making less powerful vehicles easier to replace, but potentially also harder to control. The hunter scout car only costs 10 000 which is basically free, doesnt require anything to build and you can just mass them out for every base. They come with powerful rockets and a burst shot option if you really are in a pinch. But using rockets will also destroy the corpses you so desperately need. See how it goes ^^ ?

The circle is: optimal playstyle without destroying anything/capturing a lot > makes the game harder > you potentially lose more because the game is harder > step one again. Only real skill will elevate your game higher. I would dare to say this game is well designed up into every little detail. This is the teaching without teaching principle.

Androns are tougher but also wield 3 times more loot.

@Phoenix1x+52 demonstrated that you can have barely enoughlight fibres to start your tank as soon as the research is done:

Great :). I will take a look at your playthrough when i have the time ^^.

33 minutes ago, Charon said:

As far as the numerous playtesting from a lot of people has made its result, the defender tank makes the early game way too easy, especially since you have lightscouts and scouts in the mix which units range from 3 - 9 squads each. A defender can defeat that almost alone.
The unit count increases with bigger ships which potentially gives you more corpses along the way making it easier and easier to build a defender as time goes on as long as you dont blow shit up too much.
The design here is to make your best vehicle always something you will regret losing if it happens, while making less powerful vehicles easier to replace, but potentially also harder to control. The hunter scout car only costs 10 000 which is basically free, doesnt require anything to build and you can just mass them out for every base. They come with powerful rockets and a burst shot option if you really are in a pinch. But using rockets will also destroy the corpses you so desperately need. See how it goes ^^ ?

During my last try I had 17 light fiber when Defender was researched and I didn't researched directly into the needed direction. The play through was probably close to optimal. 3-9 units per scout/light scout doesn't tell the whole story, because you only get fiber from guards at that time.

The linked play through is from 99.34 patch - at that version a Defender was easy to build because it just needed cash. With 99.4 it is extremely hard to get the needed 30 light fiber until the first terror mission (at beginning of October). But it is probably doable. But in no way the car is buildable at the time of research except if you delay this research a lot (30 fiber = 30 guards = about 10 missions; research can easily finished at 15th-20th September).

But well, if this was your intention, I will trust you because you have got a much better overview.

Edited by Marandor1

8 minutes ago, Marandor1 said:

The linked play through is from 99.34 patch - at that version a Defender was easy to build because it just needed cash.

No, it was the .4 version, trust me ^^. Phoenix is our dedicated tester which directly gets his files from me, and his game is further than his versions suggest because he will always get the latest files before everybody else.

But yes, getting your defender up for the first terror mission is a hard challenge, i would even go as far as to say you will need to get some speedrunning skills for that :). Keep it up, i hope you make it :), and 17 fibres doesnt sound that bad, just a few more.

Edited by Charon

59 minutes ago, Charon said:

@Marandor1 Can i take a look at your modloader ?

Sure, how can I help you?

I have shown and listed my used mods in the first video. I deactivated "COM - Ambient sounds" after the 2nd video. "Charons Changes" and "Tropical and Swamp tileset" will be activated soon.

Anything else you need to know?

And really - my firstaid doesn't do anything. Not a single HP healed, no wound healed (it was working at version 99.34).

xeno-mods2.jpg

Edited by Marandor1

17 minutes ago, Marandor1 said:

Sure, how can I help you?

I have shown and listed my used mods in the first video. I deactivated "COM - Ambient sounds" after the 2nd video. I activated "Charons Changes" and "Tropical and Swamp tileset" after the 7th.

Anything else you need to know?

Can you start up the game, then go into any GC, then send me the logfile situated in your C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Goldhawk Interactive\Xenonauts folder ? And can you show me whats below the 26th priority ? ( in the modloader )

Edited by Charon

3 Screenshots for firstaid test (maybe I understood something wrong).

Last mods picture added.

Logfile added.

--------------------------------------------

Andre Before Heal:

andre before Heal.jpg

Lauren about to heal Andre.

about to heal andre.jpg

Andrea after Heal.

andre after heal.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------

And one last thing - in the added savegame there is a moving shadow at the map, actually in front of rasmus (it was even attacked and killed by an alien later). Am I missing a file or is this intended?

shadow.jpg

xeno-mods3.jpg

c.sav

logfile.txt

Edited by Marandor1

4 minutes ago, Marandor1 said:

3 Screenshots for firstaid test (maybe I understood something wrong).

Yes, i need your logfile in your C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Goldhawk Interactive\Xenonauts.

Does something pop up when you try to start the game, and what do you press when it pops up ?

5 minutes ago, Marandor1 said:

And one last thing - in this savegame there is a moving shadow at the map, actually in front of rasmus (it was even attacked and killed by an alien later). Am I missing a file or is this intended?

Might just be a XCE forest civilian which never got fixed.

Firstaid, you can get more than 1 wound. If you have 3 wounds than 1 firstaid will heal 1 wound, you will still have 2 remaining, therefore the bleeding image stays.

12 minutes ago, Charon said:

Yes, I need your logfile in your C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Goldhawk Interactive\Xenonauts.

Does something pop up when you try to start the game, and what do you press when it pops up ?

Might just be a XCE forest civilian which never got fixed.

Firstaid, you can get more than 1 wound. If you have 3 wounds than 1 firstaid will heal 1 wound, you will still have 2 remaining, therefore the bleeding image stays.

Logfile was added in the meantime to my last post.

I get a popup, about the order of mods (see attacked screenshot). I usally hit JA/YES.

xeno-start.jpg

Ok, I got the firstaid thing :) first I have to heal all wounds and only after it I am able to heal hitpoints. This does indeed work. Thanks for clarification!

Edited by Marandor1

Just now, Marandor1 said:

I get a popup, about the order of mods (see attacked screenshot). I usally hit JA/YES.

Thats wrong XD. Always hit no, in any case.

Do you have subscribed mods on steam ? If so, unsubscribe ( except for X-Div ofcourse )

So lets see how we can fix this.
NEVER use the modloaders DELETE Button ! Go to your mods/ folder and delete the AWACS and Ultimate Sound zip.

About the logfile, did you first start up your game and go into a Ground Combat mission, alt tabbed out of the game and copied the logfile ? The logfile gets overwritten everytime you start the game, so i need one which actually tells me something about the GC.

3 minutes ago, Marandor1 said:

After deleting AWACS and Ultimate Sounds I don't get any popup at start anymore.

i know ;). And therefore no potential to do anything wrong :).

Logfile looks ok, all should be set now. Good luck, and thank your for helping me in helping you.

• Like 1

Ohhh my those Xenomorph units look fantastic! I like the sounds of the light fibre changes, vehicles are a tough point to balance as they can really carry you through combat if you use them to the max of their abilities.

I will look to start a new campaign in 99.4 so I can see how things are shaping up :)

Edited by Sectiplave
  • Like 1