Wolfy

Let's Play X-COM!

204 posts in this topic

Soylent Green is PEOPLE!

puts fingers in ears...not listening...not listening.... la la la la Soylent Green is yummy!

..and don't start telling me about that statue you found down by the beach either Heston

LOL

I loved when the muton came out of the dark and killed the Xcom female with just one bullseye shot... Then retreated! lols

The rookies are sent out to soak up the alien fire. Unfortunately ResFu falls quite early to a rather accurate burst of Muton plasma fire.

Frankenbean and Myamoto survive some intense fire picking up a wound each. Medic Stormer comes to Myamoto's rescue, but only for more Muton fire to rain down on them.

Poor Frankenbean simply can't hold out and is incinerated by an alien grenade.

Rookie Conroy is called into help, only to walk right into to the Muton who took out Frankenbean. While he picks up his first wound, Stormer is also taken out by an Alien grenade. No one can help the man who tried to help others. X-Com are hurting and being held back here.

A drained Conroy gets the satisfaction of taking out the Muton who shot him. Unfortunately, there's another right behind it and X-Com lose another man.

Myamoto bravely works his way to the command centre, only to find it deserted. 'It's a bughunt!' is the cry.

Jean Luc joins the hunt, but walks right into the surviving Muton soldier. The Muton is panicky. Will it be enough to save Jean Luc?

The X-Com support falls as the screen goes dark...

Myamoto traverses the Battlescape once more. It's hard to see the look of cold revenge over the gore of Muton and human blood that covers him. Even being cautious, Myamoto survives a full three shot burst as the Muton advances on his position. But survive he does, and the Muton falls in the next turn.

A turn button is pressed in relief, but it's not over. There...is...another.... It's crept up to the staging position and Kilrathi turns just in time to see it's murderous (albeit it unarmed and possibly trying to surrender) advance.

thothkins mops up with a stun rod, keeping the lab coats in work for a while longer.

6 brave soldiers gave their lives to rid the world of this base. On a more positive note, this mission saw the return of Captain Kilrathi. While it's not uncommon for soldiers to receive battlefield promotions, Kilrathi is believed to have received his while hooked up to an iron lung in sick bay.

This has been Tales from the Skyranger. Keeping the world safe for your network!

Bringing the game to life thotkins, now if only you could do the same for the troops.

I particularly enjoyed the use of Muton cover in this one. Sneaky devils.

whatheckareyoutalkingabout?

And SOOOOOO LAME to save just as your mission starts!!! Go HARDCORE Dude! :D

whatheckareyoutalkingabout?

And SOOOOOO LAME to save just as your mission starts!!! Go HARDCORE Dude! :D

*continues to laugh at the chance of this happening* Ha! That was a good one. *glares at the coming episodes of terror (not terror missions per say)*

I never saved at the start of a ground mission. Makes it far more dangerous. I always played straight through, no reloads. Dying means you start it all over.

I never saved at the start of a ground mission. Makes it far more dangerous. I always played straight through, no reloads. Dying means you start it all over.

I only save due to the game crashing.

News Reporter: "Wolfy! how did that mission go with your soldiers?"

Wolfy: "It was a pretty good mission"

News Reporter: "Could you define good?"

Wolfy: "Here i'll give you my tier of mission results; Ok means everyone died except for 1 person, Good means half of them died, and a perfect mission is when only 1 dies"

News Reporter: "What if it's a bad mission?"

Wolfy: "You don't want to know"

:P

News Reporter: "Wolfy! how did that mission go with your soldiers?"

Wolfy: "It was a pretty good mission"

News Reporter: "Could you define good?"

Wolfy: "Here i'll give you my tier of mission results; Ok means everyone died except for 1 person, Good means half of them died, and a perfect mission is when only 1 dies"

News Reporter: "What if it's a bad mission?"

Wolfy: "You don't want to know"

:P

Got that right.

And thothkins, you'll be coming to the front of the skyranger soon enough. Haha...HAHAHA....

that's not even slightly funny Wolfy :(

the only reason li'l thothkins should be at the front of the Skyranger is to kick a particularly large piece of Rookie torso that's blocking the door closing. And that's only if he didn't have another rookie available to do it.

Uploading a video now! Expect hopefully updates to be back to normal!

- Wolfy

Again in this episode, :D's face was probally like :( when he missed all those shots

The X-Rookies had the advantage of being able to see across the unforgiving Arctic plains. However, it meant that a lot of ammo was spent trying to pick off targets at long range. Fortunately, the Sectoids stayed close to their ship and were eventually picked off.

But wait...front he shadows of the scout. A lone Sectoid takes a snipe at Gauddlike and X-Com are looking for a new Rookie. Stormer avenges ehr fallen comrade of five minutes, but there's a hint of fear as the squad advance on the landed craft.

Alone, Stormer enters the dimply lit ship. She takes out a Grey waiting steps behind the door, and proceeds to the control room. No back up! in a landed ship! There are tow of them waiting for her in the control room. Stormer withdraws avoiding some of a stun bomb in the process. Stormer kills both of them in a single volley of fire before retreating once again.

But clever tactics don't mean much when you have a single pronged attack and have to walk into a prime location for an ambush. Sadly, the brave Stormer falls to an unseen assailant.

By the time Rookies Gorlom and Happyface have reached the Scout, the aliens have got bored enough to do a bit of scouting of their own. After missing 7 times from very close range, Gorlom bravely shoots the Secotid in the back.

The sky is a swarm of UFOs as the Skyranger makes it's way across Siberia. The labrats had better get things moving soon, or there will be hell to pay.

With so many UFO''s another mission is only hours away...

You can hear the rustle of something unnatural moving before you ever see a Snakeman. It's the strange sound of something moving on a single foot., something too heavy, too single minded to be natural. Then there's the hissing...

Squaddie Happyface survives a first plasma burst, but is cut down from the forest's shadows in a second volley. It's a dark, foreboding land with many hiding places. Getting to the UFO will be a victory in itself.

With the squad diverted elsewhere on the map the craft is discovered close to the Skyranger. thothkins is called upon to take on the desperate aliens within the downed scout. thothkins kept the repulsion for the snakes inside. Even the ones in containment looked as though they were far more intelligent than any mere mammal.

A crashed scout is a deceptive beast. It looks deserted, but that''s only because the view is obscured by the dense smoke created from the breached power core.

thothkins made an overextended drive to the navigation controls, but it was Gorlom who came under fire outside the ship, taking out the last of the snakes.

A shattered medium scout awaiting the team on their third mission in quick succession. Gauddlike and Gorlom hunted down the last Sectoid. In the end it simply couldn't retreat fast enough, But it showed more intelligence than one of the rookies who hadn't loaded his gun pre mission.

It's the end of June. Earth's finding nations continue to be happy with us,. But it's going to be a long summer of fighting for the troops.

This has been Tales from the Skyranger...

I was hoping to see it around #11, but I'd not wish for poor Wolfy to have to rewatch everything just to make the count.

I am volunteering to try out the flying armour first when it is available.

*translating from Xenotongue

*Hi and welcome to your first lesson in floater sniper training. As you can see, we've landed our Battleship in this small farming community where there will be plenty..oh what's that lumpy thing hovering over there. Lads! get 'yer guns!

I am volunteering to try out the flying armour first when it is available.

I think you are when I got them. Well, everyone got 'em but still. And I'll try to remember to count the deaths. I did it at one point then Forgot. :x

Edited by Wolfy

We could have had a memorial screen of our own :(

Red Shirt 1 - shot leaving Skyranger

Red Shirt 2 - shot leaving Skyranger

Red Shirt 3 - shot for not wanting to leave Skyranger