Wolfy

Let's Play X-COM!

204 posts in this topic

Really? A terror mission. at night. with snakemen. and chryssalids? best press your funeral suits guys...

Good News: Arioch bravely keeps stepping a couple fo squares in front of me each turn, meaning he'll be zombie fodder first.

Hey what about little roman numerals on the names, so we can keep track of the body count?

Arioch IS basically fodder now xD

And sure. I'll start count in about... 6 episodes from now! Don't ya love bulk records?

If you need another solider name, throw me in the grinder :D

Also, I noticed that your videos seem to chug and play. Assume your playing the DOS version of this?

If I might suggest, try doing your setup like this guy did his LP. It ran so beautifully.

Edited by Mandabar

If you need another solider name, throw me in the grinder :D

Also, I noticed that your videos seem to chug and play. Assume your playing the DOS version of this?

If I might suggest, try doing your setup like this guy did his LP. It ran so beautifully.

Its mostly because of me exporting videos in the background during some. But I'll watch the video, thanks :)

And Number 10! Thats not a song.... *sadface*

[video=youtube;n3in-xy61Wo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3in-xy61Wo&feature=colike

"You guys go on ahead. I'll make sure the Skyranger is safe!"

Now that I am sick, updates will come less often. But hey! At least I made the mistake of recording about 8 episodes last night!

Never. Ever. Do that.

- Wolfy

Faced with a crowded alien craft, Arioch reaches for his grenade, only to find that the quartermaster has really screwed him over. Arioch dies protecting the Earth with his last breath, his epitaph a curse to logistics.

Meanwhile Icevamp and thothkins finish off wathing the Thing on the Skyranger's DVD. It seems that only Gaudlike, Arioch and Red Shirt are needed for this one. Yup, no need for thoth...ah pants! stupid hidey alien. Fine, I'll go then.

Fortunately, sneaky hidey alien is drawn by the colour of the red shirt and goes after our nameless point man. This saves thothkins from coming under fire and he manages to take down the last alien before there are any further casualties.

Brave Icevamp ensures that no sneaky aliens steal any of our popcorn while we're away.

Poor Sgt Arioch. He saved my butt in the last mission. Now I have to put a poster up in the mess hall for another person to take on that job...

Faced with a crowded alien craft, Arioch reaches for his grenade, only to find that the quartermaster has really screwed him over. Arioch dies protecting the Earth with his last breath, his epitaph a curse to logistics.

Meanwhile Icevamp and thothkins finish off wathing the Thing on the Skyranger's DVD. It seems that only Gaudlike, Arioch and Red Shirt are needed for this one. Yup, no need for thoth...ah pants! stupid hidey alien. Fine, I'll go then.

Fortunately, sneaky hidey alien is drawn by the colour of the red shirt and goes after our nameless point man. This saves thothkins from coming under fire and he manages to take down the last alien before there are any further casualties.

Brave Icevamp ensures that no sneaky aliens steal any of our popcorn while we're away.

Poor Sgt Arioch. He saved my butt in the last mission. Now I have to put a poster up in the mess hall for another person to take on that job...

In the 8 episodes I recorded. Your all red shirts.

in the 8 episodes i recorded. Your all red shirts.

*ghasp*

Mine is red because it is stained with the blood of my enemies right? ;)

bah! I seem to have spilled ketchup down the front of my coveralls. That must be what Wolfy means about being a red shirt. Wolfy wouldn't put us into harm's way after all...

Edited by thothkins

Yes sir. You won't be named until episode 11 I think (I recorded to that point)

Thanks! Just name my guy nfire3

bah! I seem to have spilled ketchup down the front of my coveralls. That must be what Wolfy means about bean a red shirt. Wolfy wouldn't put into harm's way after all...
Mine is red because it is stained with the blood of my enemies right? ;)

Hah, you two wish.

I won't be updating this week because I'm sick and we hit the milestone of 10 episodes :D

In other news, my next LP for you all will most likely be, other then the second X-COM LP, X-COM Apocalypse! Which I shall buy very, very soon! :)

Maybe you guys will not be redshirts in that one.

Hah, I wish.

I shall update with a new video hopefully in the next 3 days. :D

And as for my experience with X-COM: Apocalypse, it's not that bad. Not GREAT, but still good.

have aliens abducted Wolfy's post? The homepage says his should be the most recent one...

have aliens abducted Wolfy's post? The homepage says his should be the most recent one...

It wasn't there before, but now it is... filthy extraterrestrials! :P

Hmmmm... looks like wolfy's post.....looks like Wolfy's avatar..... but is clearly an alien pod post! TNR! Fetch the Rocket Launcher!

Defffffinently redshirts. *says Wolfy with a sectoid eating his head*

excellent. another chance to top on air miles and stay in the comfort of the Skyranger. This time out I've brought along some episodes of the UFO TV show, just to get in the mood. Depending on how long the stiffs, I mean Rookies, take, I might start drilling into the Skyranger in order to make a window. Disappointingly, the Skydiver in the UFO show wasn't really a troop carrier and so had no tips at all on window making :-(

Has Arioch been shot? No, he/ now she is just kneeling. Never mind female troops in a game, we have reincarnated hermaphrodite soldiers here. How's that for diversity! The guys are using the kneeling tactic quite well in this mission. Probably get in some praying while they're there, poor Rookies.

The Sectoids make for a really creepy foe. An enemy you can respect. Horrid little sods. "Abduct my darlin' cattle will ye?" as my great uncle Billy-Joe-Bob thothkins used to say.

Wow Jean Luc (possibly a reincarnated Hermaphrodite version) has made Sgt. Wow, kids today. Lots of rookies went blindly out of the skyranger at the end of a stun rod for me to make Sgt back in the day (last month)