New forums online!

• 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, Solver said:

Thank you for the detailed description of the problem :)

Do you need one ?

Uhm, lets start with the obvious. No more like buttons, the "Browse" button is still black in black, @Solver doesnt have any yellow highlighting anymore, private message buttons dont correctly redirect, clicking the topic from the main page doesnt redirect to the first post of the topic. I could dig up more, but i thought you were already aware of them.

I actually thought you were referring to the captcha problem when registering.

The other things just look like some default settings that have changed - we had the first forum upgrade in a year or so, and some things have apparently changed in the versions since. I'll fix those settings as I notice stuff, but please let's not pretend that a missing yellow highlight or like button is "totally broken".

The quote-in-quote thing is as usual worse, but I've said many times that this forum software doesn't support it.

You sure that @Solver still works as a notification ?

2 minutes ago, Solver said:

The other things just look like some default settings that have changed - we had the first forum upgrade in a year or so, and some things have apparently changed in the versions since.

Like i mentioned, that was my guess, so i was already aware of the fact before it became official.

[–]Charon117 1 Punkt vor einer Stunde 

Yes, forums completely broken. I guess Solver is updating the forums software over this and the next days.

Worst case would be that Solver isnt updating anything and everything just broke.

4 minutes ago, Solver said:

but please let's not pretend that a missing yellow highlight or like button is "totally broken".

When

1. The selective quote button randomely appears on my screen, and not where i select the text
  2. Private message buttons give random redirects ( and i have to manually find my way to the last page of my numerous correspondences )
  3. The Like button disappeared

I call it totally broken. Not because thats a fact, but because calling people when you might think that a small fire is snowballing into a big one is better than to do nothing and saying "I told ya."

I hope you appreciate my early warning system, but if you dont, i can also stop with it.

Notifications work. Switch to the Default theme (at the bottom of the page) and you'll see several of the issues disappear, and notifications will start working. The forum is on the Chameleon theme for 4.1, and the forum itself was now upgraded to 4.2, so there are incompatibilities.

I do appreciate your reports - I did some quick testing after the upgrade to confirm posting/reading/searching works, but you have many more details. You may have also noticed the Downloads section is gone for now, that's the more serious issue.

2 minutes ago, Solver said:

You may have also noticed the Downloads section is gone for now, that's the more serious issue.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ... ... .. .   That wasnt the casea few hours/moments ago.

@Solver can we now agree on totally broken ?

And btw, why dont you @ me, or quote me ? Makes having a conversation easier ;).