Chris

New forums online!

149 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Solver said:

Seems to be gone as well during the constant dumbing-down of all software.

Ok, thanks for looking.

We get much better computers and yet the general quality level of software has been going to shit for over a decade.

2 minutes ago, Solver said:

We get much better computers and yet the general quality level of software has been going to shit for over a decade.

Oh, yes, have you noticed that too ? Its incredible XD.

I want to push this, it would be really neat if quotes in quote would start working again, it would make communication, and source detecting so much easier in this forum.

It's related to what I said yesterday about software.

I can do that again but it will break every time I upgrade the forums, which I need to do because of security issues. The reasonable solution here would be to get the forum devs to bring this feature back, but of course they have removed it.

13 minutes ago, Solver said:

It's related to what I said yesterday about software.

I can do that again but it will break every time I upgrade the forums, which I need to do because of security issues. The reasonable solution here would be to get the forum devs to bring this feature back, but of course they have removed it.

oki, but this sounds bad from a forums standpoint, to not have such a basic feature in it.

But no problem, i believe you are doing your best Solver.

There used to be an option to allow nested quotes. They decided to remove that...

Tried to upload X-Division on the forum. The first time it failed at what looked like the 2 gb mark, the second time it got through but all sources report only 2 gb out of 4,67. So its unlikely that it actually got taken.

Ah that's not the downloads system, it's the server upload limit. Uploading files so big through a simple web interface isn't great. Needs another approach :)

6 minutes ago, Solver said:

Ah that's not the downloads system, it's the server upload limit. Uploading files so big through a simple web interface isn't great. Needs another approach :)

Whats the fix ?

Dunno, I'm a bit too lazy/busy to set it up. Ever use FileZilla or another similar client for adults? Could have you upload to the mod area directly.

1 minute ago, Solver said:

Dunno, I'm a bit too lazy/busy to set it up. Ever use FileZilla or another similar client for adults? Could have you upload to the mod area directly.

Hm, ok.

6 hours ago, Charon said:

Whats the fix ?

Since it is not forum code limit but a web server limit, workarounds are convoluted to say the least. FTP is an excellent solution.

9 hours ago, Sheepy said:

Since it is not forum code limit but a web server limit, workarounds are convoluted to say the least. FTP is an excellent solution.

I sincerely have no clue where what that means, and am not inlcined to google around further. It works for mega, and it doesnt here, thats all i need to know. Maybe my attitude changes later towards this.

On 6.12.2016 at 8:41 PM, Solver said:

On 7.12.2016 at 3:35 AM, Sheepy said:

@Solver Mind giving me the solution to lack of support for bigger than 2 gb mods on this forum step by step ? I would appreciate a step by step method which is foolproof, i dont mind looking stuff up though.

54 minutes ago, Solver said:

I'l take that up privately.

He took care of it privately, indeed. This comment is the prove.

Edited by Charon

I don't know if this is a recent change or it was so since the new forum was created:
In the top black slightly transparent banner, with Goldhawk logo at the left side, the text of "Browse" dropdown menu on the right side is black and only visible when a brighter area is beneath it. The menu works nevertheless...

Posted (edited)

@Solver You are up to date that the message system is not working right now ?  Error code: EX145

Edited by Charon

Posted (edited)

Smiley conversions are broken as of yesterday. :):):) ^^ :(:(:(

Edited by Charon