New forums online!

As you can see, Goldhawk has got some new slick new forums! I'm pretty pleased with the way it's turned out, but let me first start by explaining what it means to you:

• All existing users and posts have been migrated over (as far as we're aware), so you should still be able to log in with your old username etc
  • Features in the old forum that were broken should now work properly, e.g. requesting password reminders, search functionality, etc

We've not yet had time to test all the forum functionality (and I've also hacked up the forum skin a little too) so there may well be errors with this new forum that we're not yet aware of. Please take this opportunity to try as hard as you can to break the forums, and also post here if you notice any obvious styling issues that you think should be fixed. It would be good to fix up any serious issues before these forums start getting more popular again!

For those of you interested in what's happened, we've migrated the forums from the old vBulletin 4 system to a new IPS board. The visual styling is much nicer, the admin backend is much easier to use, and I'm hoping the overall user experience of these forums will be vastly improved over the previous ones. Once again, our thanks go out to Solver for donating his time to make the migration possible.

Some Xenonauts 2 boards may start making an appearance in due course, as it'd be good to get some community feedback before we make our "official" announcement of the game (but more on that soon).

There does appear to be some issues with the graphics in the forum; not all of them seem to have made it across from the test version of this server. I think we have most of them now but it looks like the emoticons still aren't working (judging from Jean-Luc's post).

Let me try a few here:

:D:):(

So a few smaller things such as smilie images are still getting sorted out, but it's mostly an automatic background process. I expect everything to be okay within hours.

Thanks everyone for putting up with the smaller inconveniences while the forum's getting fixed!

• Like 1

Charon, what do you mean with the Edit button vanishing? Like, you don't see it next to the Quote button? And you can go to the last post in a forum by clicking the date of the last post.

Signatures are back!

And yeah, installing Invision definitely feels oldschool. I remember the early version being quite good, but then they went paid and vBulletin was clearly superior anyway... but now it feels like things might have changed, at least I'm getting a very positive impression of this board system.

As far as i figured this out i cant edit posts if they are not the last posts made in the thread. Which means i cant maintanance my own threads i posted. And the Edit button "vanishes" after some time too even if its the last post. Yes i cant "see" it. Its not there.

Aaaah who would have know it was the date, thx :).

Edit: like i said i can edit the posts i did a moment ago, but not further.

Edit: Signatures FTW

Edit: How can you make a new line instead of 2 by pressing enter ?

Edit: I would really like to edit everything i wrote, thx :)

Edited by Charon

Ah okay, I can edit any post but then again I'm an admin. Probably a setting somewhere again.

Enter does make one new line, it's just that the height of empty lines is somewhat bigger than on the previous forum. Complain to Chris if you don't like this ;)

I miss the customization options for the forum. I'd like to see threads with the newest post first, quite annoying to click to that icon...and wait while ist is loading now (duh).

Edit: No "advanced mode" for post anymore? And no "preview function" too?

Edited by thixotrop

Not sure what "advanced mode" would do anymore, the reply box has the functionality of the old advanced mode - formatting toolbar, attachment manager, etc. The rightmost toolbar icon in the reply box is the preview, it even has mobile options.

There are now more sorting options for the forum than before. Just change the sorting to whatever you prefer once, and it will remember for that forum.

"Your inbox is full. You must delete some messages before you can send any more."

I´ve deleted all messages previously and only sent 1 message ever since but am incapable of starting new ones because of this.

Did someone make the gap between lines smaller ? It´s waaaaaaay better now.

Yeh, at least i can send new messages now. But its still has the bug that you cant "see" the message box, in whihc you are supposed to write the message. Only after clicking on "send" the dialog box reminds you that you have to send a message and then it appears.