[X:CE] UFO and crew diversity 1.4.1

Axiomatic

This mod adds a large variety to gameplay due to the random generation of UFO and alien crew. Features is similar to inspired me original mod “Dynamic UFOs”, but closer to original gameplay, have more wide variations and alternative tweaks.

Also this mod fully supports two new UFO (Assaultlander and Dreadnought) from great mod "Furies, Terror, and Dreadnoughts Oh My".

Features (in additional to original mods):

Geoscape

1. Additional missions available for most UFO type according its xenopedia profiles. New UFOs mixed with other, not replace it. Summary info in attached picture.

UFO and mission type v1.3.png

2. Progress are more predicate. Advanced UFOs can visit to Earth early than vanilla Xenonauts, but no so early than in Dynamic UFOs. More advanced UFO replacing small types gradually. Over time big UFO just increasing spawn chance. However small UFO still be spawn in late game with low chance, mostly in non-combat missions.

577e7d5ee5fd5_ScoutResearch.png.eb6ff015

577e7d5ef0ce3_ConstructionSupply.png.45f

577e7d5f089b1_AirGround.png.cd3af5bf03cd

577e7d5f1ba19_TerrorBase.jpg.3d5ed074e58

3. Special missions like bombing run and alien base construction now is occurring more often. Details about tweaks in table below.

577e7d5f201d8_Missiontype.png.57b2cad26a

Ground Combat

1. Crew depends of UFO mission type.

577e7d5f35048_Crewandmission.png.6278886

2. There is a random chance to decrease or increase UFO crew sizes and alien bases staff within approximately +/-30%. Also, alien behavior can be variated. For example, in a ground combat can be 2 aggressive aliens outside UFO and 5 aliens defending UFO from inside. But in next exactly the same mission, it can be opposite situation.

3. Adjusting aliens, which can be spawn together. It gives an opportunity to feel the specifics of each race, not turning the game into a jumble.

races.png.9fda86ab0dd7ad0ce3496091c747ea

4. Drones encounter much more frequently – in UFO, alien bases and even at Xenonauts base attack! Lightdrones can be defenders of the UFO (inside and outside it). Light- and mediumdrones remains even in advanced UFO.

5. Wraiths appears little early and more numerous. Enable in game new aliens - Wraith_Soldier and Wraith_Officer (with cool green mask).

6. Harridans now try to stay in open air, where they can use its ability to fly.

7. Now officers and leaders can participate in main combat, while before they are waiting in command room.

8. Alien bases have more low-level residents (non-combatants, psions, guards).

9. All alien crew are slightly temper aliens with previous variants of equipment (guards, soldiers, warriors).

10. Dreadnoughts contains only elite troops.

11. Rebalanced survivality of alien after UFO crash. Chance of powercore explode after UFO shutdown increased from 20 to 33%. Chance of alien death after core explode now is 33% and if core don’t explode - 10% (was before 25% both).

Changelog

v1.4.1 – Small fix (airplane.alien.battleship.andron.xml)

v1.4 – Fully rebalanced Ground combat part.

v1.3 – Fully rebalanced Geoscape part.

v1.2, v1.1 – Minor tweaks

Installation

1. Install Xenonauts: Community Edition http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=524885857 or http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/11882-What-is-Xenonauts-Community-Edition-how-do-I-get-it

2. Install and activate in the modloader «Furies, Terror, and Dreadnoughts Oh My». Available at modpack of Xenonauts: Community Edition

3. Optional, recommended. Install and activate mod «Dynamic UFOs». Available at http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=335071893 or http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/10908-v1-06-X-CE-v0-21-Dynamic-UFO-Spawns-%28v1-0%29

4. Install and activate this mod “UFO and crew diversity». Place it on top in the mod list.

5. Run Xenonauts and have fun

Authors of original mods:

1. «Dynamic UFOs» - kabill.

2. «Furies, Terror, and Dreadnoughts Oh My» - SkaianDestiny, Kabill, Dpelectric, Langy, Ilunak

UFO and crew diversity v1.4.1.zip

Edited by Axiomatic
New version, 1.4.1

It's a nice work.. i can see it from the charts.. nice to see more modders here..

At real diversity, the main problem is, you can't update the crew of the UFO's. So a scout will have lame alien ranks even at end game. They will be no threat at all.. but its always good to see more types at air..

For a perfect diversity, you need to have "new" ufos for every phase. I mean for example you need to create 3 scout UFO. You can make it same or name differently, up to you. So you can give different crew to each scout UFO at every phase of the game. So your 3. scout could have end game crew even with different stats to match air battles too.

It's a nice work.. i can see it from the charts.. nice to see more modders here...

Thank you

For a perfect diversity, you need to have "new" ufos for every phase. I mean for example you need to create 3 scout UFO. You can make it same or name differently, up to you. So you can give different crew to each scout UFO at every phase of the game. So your 3. scout could have end game crew even with different stats to match air battles too.

Yes, I am understand it and already have same idea.

But there is a lot of work for create and balance tuning. Unfortunally, I haven't so much time :(

Edited by Axiomatic