XMC Part 1: (Ground Combat) Version 2.0 for X:CE 0.34.1 and Above

aajs

Hi I'm getting a crash when entering tactical combat with XMC. I have XMC 1 at position on and the map pack at position 8. I can confirm that the game load fine with just the map pack enabled.

Crash is:

Xenonauts.exe stopped responding.

Current mod setup

http://imgur.com/lQ2ugsE

Xenonauts v1.59 (9 April 2015)

Running Win10

Any help appreciated.

Wilko

I am also having problem in tactical, the game always close and so as part 1 is activated.

Sat Feb 13 19:20:41 2016: Xenonauts, version .

Sat Feb 13 19:20:41 2016: Pixel Shader Version: ffff0300

Sat Feb 13 19:21:11 2016: ##### : Missing string for label 'Undefined'

Sat Feb 13 19:21:41 2016: MOD ERROR: An element to replace does not exist: Weapon

Sat Feb 13 19:21:41 2016: MOD ERROR: Merging XML for weapons_gc.xml from mod mods/choicespart1/ failed.

Edited by alexelXD

Hey first off great work bringing some a new lease of life to the game, absolutely astonishing mod in terms of content, balance and game-play, thank-you for you're hard work and effort chief. I've recently encountered a save game issue however. To be specific I cannot load any saves, both in Geoscape and in mission.

Not sure if its related to this minor bug. But I noticed that when equipping soldiers with the upgraded shield they became transparent on the missions, everything still worked fine I just couldn't see the guys carrying shields until they switched weapons or used grenades, after they did become visible the character model became static, the game mechanics still worked fine however so I just chalked it up to a ignorable glitch, but now after a CTD mid mission I can't access any of my saves.

I can't understand as to why all previous saves would become corrupted at once, I've started a new game to check the issue isn't something deeper and it seems capable of loading and saving this new game without issue, leading me to suspect it has something to do with the mid game content. I'm hoping its something as simple as a conflict in my soldier loadout so I can avoid any repeating savegame corruption issues on this new playthrough. Any ideas as to what happened would be much appreciated as I'm thoroughly enjoying the mods, I just don't want to lump so much time into another campaign which ends up inaccessible mid game?

There appears to be a problem with "ChoicesPart1", more specifically the part that is responsible for Ground Combat function.

The game just crashes halfway through loading the GC portion. Fresh mod installation. 34.1 Community Edition. Fresh game installation. Everything reinstalled again and again in an attempt to pinpoint the problem.

Fresh start, nothing but standart equipment. GC -doesn't- crash when I send my troops stark naked (not changing any game\mod files), medkits and certain grenades (flashbangs from vanilla game) don't appear to crash it, which while making for decent self-imposed challenge, ruins the point of the mod (more stuff! more options!).

Seeing how it only crashes when my troops are equipped with any weapon available on start (brought just 1 AK, no other weapons crashed, brought nothing - game works), I'd say that the problem is with one of the .xml files. Unfortunately, I don't have any debugging tools and therefore have no way of finding out what file that is exactly, otherwise I would have fixed the problem myself.

The thing is, it's been like 10 or 15 days since the last update, which probably means that everyone else play this mod without an issue. What's the magic word, guys, is there a separate resource mod that's required for proper function or what?

I'll keep tinkering with the files, if I manage to fix it, I'll tell you how.

-update

All right, so the ballistic shield you have at the start also crashes the game. Smoke grenades do not, and it looks like you can throw them.

Offensive grenades, on the other hand, cannot be used, as in at all. What's more, they appear to disappear from the world completely if I put them in soldiers' hands and then close\open their inventories.

screen_one.jpg

The items in her inventory are "MEDPACK", "ASSAULT RIFLE MAGAZINE" and the mod's "GRENADE RANK I BASEBALL".

I'll try and see what's so different about the mod's grenades files that they don't make the game crash outright.

-update

The batons also crash the game. There go my plans of going through this melee style.

I can, however, use the smoke grenades, which makes the aliens run away from my soldiers. However, they don't surrender, which makes the all-smoke-grenade tactic useless in the long run. Smoke could incap aliens in the first X-Com, but I am assuming that Xenonauts' aliens are immune to this.

-update

I was able to make the Baseball grenades work by adding the grenade's info into "weapons_gc.xml" file in "Xenonauts\assets\mods\xce" directory.

Maybe the problem is that my system for some reason can't handle the .xml data merge?

Windows 7, 64 bit, (.NET Framework 4.5.2, don't know if that's even relevant)

I'll try manually adding something else now, like an AK + it's magazine. If I'm right about this, I'll just have to force-add everything into X:CE files to make this work.

-Fixed! I think..

Good, I think I fixed it. I just added all the weapon info into X:CE's "weapons_gc.xml", which seems to have worked, I was able to use an AK, kill an alien with it, use up all the ammo and reload with a spare magazine.

While the game appears to work now, I don't like this, as the problem might appear again at any point in time, possibly destroying my save files in the process.

There are more .xml files in the "ChoicesPart1" directory that might also need similar treatment, but there's no way to tell right now.

So to possibly avoid any future problems I simply merged the all the *_gc.xml files from ChoicesPart1 to ChoicesPart6 with the *_gc.xml files in the X:CE directory.

screen_one.jpg

screen_one.thumb.jpg.0882522c49df3e932ac

Edited by BabyFace
Forget that, removing "MODMERGEATTRIBUTE="name" MODMERGE="insert"" turned out to be unnecessary.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! First off, great mod, having a lot of fun with it. But I am getting an error of sorts. I cant seem to equip night vision Jackal armour. The other two varieties are there, and I can produce and transfer the night vision jackal armour's, but anytime I look to equip them, they just aren't there. I have your mod packs in first priority, loaded in order, and I am only running a few other mods, none of which supply armour, I believe. How can I fix this? I'm pretty keen on night vision equipped soldiers!

I believe there is an issue with alien heavy fighter. In game it doesn't seem to have a name and now I can't load the saves since I built it.

Tue Mar 08 14:06:31 2016: Xenonauts, version .Tue Mar 08 14:06:31 2016: Pixel Shader Version: ffff0300Tue Mar 08 14:09:37 2016: MOD ERROR: An element to insert already exists: ArmourTue Mar 08 14:09:37 2016: MOD ERROR: Merging XML for armours.xml from mod mods/choicespart4/ failed.Tue Mar 08 14:09:38 2016:  ##### : Missing string for label '0'Tue Mar 08 14:09:38 2016:  ##### : Missing string for label '0'Tue Mar 08 14:09:38 2016:  ##### : Missing string for label '0'Tue Mar 08 14:09:38 2016:  ##### : Missing string for label '0'Tue Mar 08 14:09:38 2016:  ##### : Missing string for label '0'Tue Mar 08 14:09:38 2016:  ##### : Missing string for label '0'Tue Mar 08 14:09:38 2016:  ##### : Missing string for label '0'Tue Mar 08 14:09:38 2016:  ##### : Missing string for label '0'Tue Mar 08 14:09:38 2016:  ##### : Missing string for label '0'Tue Mar 08 14:09:38 2016:  ##### : Missing string for label '0'Tue Mar 08 14:09:57 2016: Lua error: cannot open scripts/messageboxdirect.lua: No error

So it does seem to be the Heavy fighter missing a string. As item in building it shows ######, working on trying to fix it. If anyone does let me know so I can see if my saves will load correctly. :)

Edited by snake
more info

• 1 month later...

Okay first off, I have XCE and I get the message "mods are not active or not correct priority" EVERY single time I start. I'm assuming choosing 'yes' fixes it, even though I have to do it every time, because I do get the CE logo upon game launching. But I'm just guessing.

So, what am I supposed to do when I have this installed? It will ask the same thing I guess and it apparently will not save the mod priority's no matter what....

I guess you subscribed to a workshopmod without installing it in the mod launcher. Since it isnt installed mod priority is always the lowest and gets reset every time.

Start the Mod launcher and klick on Modding Tools. Check for every mod to be INSTALLED or unsubscribe it from the corresponding workshopmod.

Make sure you have the latest XCE and running since that was an issue a few versions back.

Okay I figured it out, apparently it was only giving me this message, the whole time, referring to the fact that the french language XCE's were not activated.

I deleted them and it stopped, would have saved a lot of confusion if they told you that. Instead it just says install the mod, then it should only bring that message up once to correctly arrange them.

I have all XCE, along with these parts 1-6 installed and in first six priority slots, everything looks to be working fine.

Edited by satch4684

alright bear with me, this game is confusing me alot, sorry its been a long time since I've even played, and now playing with mod, so there's that to complicate things.

Anyway, isn't there supposed to be a jeep of some sort, along with the hunter car and tank with this mod, unless I am misunderstanding? I've already built/produced the other two, but I thought I read you are supposed to start with the jeep, which I don't have and can't build....

Edited by satch4684

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know what I did wrong, but after a while of playing all my workshop projects take -2147483648 man hours to build. I can't manufacture anything anymore. It seems to happen after a corvette mission. Don't know if it was Directional Thrusters or Alien Electronics that did it though.

Edited by NebulaM78

• 1 month later...

This mod appears to work with v1.65L stable (no one seems to notice yet), which is meant to have allot of the XCE changes in it, so I didn't install/enable the XCE mod for this. So it 'appears' to work, I won't know until I play a fair bit, and I am using Linux version also.

UPDATE: Appears to crash on ground combat, thought that could any number of the additional mods I have going, guess I better test JUST this mod first hey. Error log has a huge number of complaints with Skitso's MegaMix Map Pack 2000!

Actually another error occurs related to this mod below. So I guess this doesn't work afterall in ground combat, shame. Might try with XCE mods enabled and see what happens?

Errors:

[06:06:58]MOD ERROR: An element to replace does not exist: Weapon

[06:06:58]MOD ERROR: Merging XML for weapons_gc.xml from mod mods/choicespart1/ failed.

UPDATE: Confirmed the above error occurs with just this mod installed (part1). Perhaps XCE parts are needed, or a rollback to the old and non linux compatible XCE version (it does not work well under Wine, sound/text issues, then no doubt crashing as reported by others).

Edited by PRiME

This mod appears to work with v1.65L stable (no one seems to notice yet), which is meant to have allot of the XCE changes in it, so I didn't install/enable the XCE mod for this. So it 'appears' to work, I won't know until I play a fair bit, and I am using Linux version also.

UPDATE: Appears to crash on ground combat, thought that could any number of the additional mods I have going, guess I better test JUST this mod first hey. Error log has a huge number of complaints with Skitso's MegaMix Map Pack 2000!

Actually another error occurs related to this mod below. So I guess this doesn't work afterall in ground combat, shame. Might try with XCE mods enabled and see what happens?

Errors:

[06:06:58]MOD ERROR: An element to replace does not exist: Weapon

[06:06:58]MOD ERROR: Merging XML for weapons_gc.xml from mod mods/choicespart1/ failed.

UPDATE: Confirmed the above error occurs with just this mod installed (part1). Perhaps XCE parts are needed, or a rollback to the old and non linux compatible XCE version (it does not work well under Wine, sound/text issues, then no doubt crashing as reported by others).

You cant play this and other big mosts without XCE. That mods using XCE because its much more modable.

Liking the mod so far, but I'm wondering if the colt is bugged to only have eight shots instead of the fifteen the stats say it should have, or if the problem is on my end. (edit) Also noticed something else, the xenopedia mentions being able to attach a rotating auto cannon to your fighters as well as being able to give them the apache rockets, but the craft load out only shows the default weapons.(edit) Been modding out any bugs I have been finding, only persistent problem is getting the chaff and flares aircraft weapon to be equip-able.

Edited by Spess Mahren

• 1 month later...

I have been playing this mod. I really like it. You should add in the Saracen.

BUGS: The boomerang fighter's point defense weapon causes a crash to desktop. Also the aircraft pulse laser seems to cause a crash when shooting at alien heavy fighters.

• 2 weeks later...

So it's been nearly ten months since I last played Xenonauts. Came back JUST to see if XMC had updated since I quit; happy to see it had, even happier to see myself quoted under 'What People Are Saying'

Here is a better by-line. This is my favorite mod for this game; I played 100+ hours of it and I came back a year later just to play more. 

With that said; anyone know of any definitive comparison between XMC and X-Division? 

I havent played it but i would guess the most distinctive difference is that XMC is a lot of addons to the vanilla game while X-Division is an overhaul mod.

If you want to get as close to the vanilla/XCE game as possible play XMC, if you want something new get X-Division.

• 2 months later...

Can y'all help me out with something? I have this and all the other XMC mods installed. 

In the mechanics window all of the aircraft weapons are labelled as "none" with no data or details. All I can tell about them is what materials they need to construct. I assume it's just a mod load error or something but I just got the game a month ago and I know less than nothing about the file structure or how this all works. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. Here's my mod load order. 

- ChoicesPart1

-ChoicesPart2

-ChoicesPart3

-ChoicesPart4

-ChoicesPart5

-ChoicesPart6

-Armoured Assault!

-Fire In the Hole

-Furies, Terror, and Dreadnoughts Oh My

-Hold the Line!

-Tropical and Swamp Tileset

-Ambience Forest

-Extended Weapon Descriptions 

And all the XCE things. Any ideas which things might be screwing with the item descriptions of aircraft weapons? It's seriously hampering my intercept game. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hey aajs so I am really loving the mod collection (I use all 6) but I am running into an issue that I cant seem to find the solution for in any of the forums. So it seems to be an issue the the part 3 air portion and it has to do with manufacturing. under the "aircraft weapons" category there seem to be "none" projects added every so often as I progressed through the tech tree some costing resources such as alloys some only money at first I thought this was the "none" category that you warned about in the post but I started to realize that certain things were missing or not functional.

such as the chaff and flares technology adding nothing or the fact that I can build the seahawk right off the getgo without researching it and towards the end I had gotten a #### as a research choice and when I completed it a blank xenopedia page opens. Now I have tried doing the fresh install and deleting the elusive scripts folder under roaming and even tested it with nothing but what comes with XCE standard and just your mod collection and it seems to be persistent and I dont know where to start or what to do to correct this. If you need anymore information I will be happy to provide.

Thanks in advance for the wonderful mod and the time spent tending to it

Edited by ObliviousZurg