Question about Mod Priority Message for X:CE

Leffen

When I launch the game through the launcher, I get a pop-up saying that "either X:CE mods are not active or they do not have the recommended priority. Do you want to fix this automatically?". I have all of the mods installed/active in the modding tools window and did the steam beta X:CE branch thing, so I assume it's not the former issue and that it's showing up because of their load order. But when I click yes and check the modding tools again it hasn't actually changed the priority of any of my mods.

What exactly is going on?

For reference my load order for the game is (I can provide a screenshot of it if needed)

1. : X:CE Steam Mod

2-... : the rest of my mods, with the other 3 X:CE mods being on the bottom

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Still hapening as of v0.34.2 HF.

Tried launching as administrator in case it failed to update a file by permissions, no effect. What worries me is that the mod priority, important enough to generate a dialog, is in fact not being re-ordered at all for the current session, and no idea what the effect would be if this is left in a bad configuration.

Note: this is out-the-box. No additional mods, just Community Edition.

---
It's rather random, in my experiences.

Sometimes I've been able to make the mod-loader-thing not ask about reorganizing the mods when I manually arrange something for jst (and to make sure none of the Steam-subscribed mods aren't out of date, like was the case with "Fix Pack" initially).

Just to be safe, let the mod-tool re-organize the mods every time.

---
---
---

46 minutes ago, Solver said:

Let it reorganize. I am actually not sure why the dialog box comes up every time the exe is updated, but it does.

In case anything is below the XCE files the modlauncher launches the popup. Since noninstalled mods are always below XCE means that the popup is shown everytime. To avoid the popup either delete the zip or install the mod and deactivate it.

Btw @Solver I think the AWACS mod got shipped with the last update, which let many people confused behind why they are getting the popup.

Edited by Charon

Just now, Solver said:

Did it? That would be a mistake if so.

I know, it did. At least i got it + popup message and the The delete button S01E02 which i sent you shows you that the other guy got it too, so i guess everybody got it.

If you have a clean modloader with nothing below the XCE files than the modlauncher stays cool. X-Division one would be an example.

• 4 years later...
On 2/28/2017 at 9:59 PM, Charon said:

In case anything is below the XCE files the modlauncher launches the popup. Since noninstalled mods are always below XCE means that the popup is shown everytime. To avoid the popup either delete the zip or install the mod and deactivate it.

Btw @Solver I think the AWACS mod got shipped with the last update, which let many people confused behind why they are getting the popup.

Probably a necro, but I just wanted to mention that this fixes the popup. An unsubscribed, not installed mod was still as a zip in my mods folder, so i kept getting the popup. Deleted it, and its gone.