Mutual Surprise Rule in X:CE ?

Lohengramm

I did a forum search and found this:

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/10011-Opening-door-should-trigger-reaction-fire/page8?highlight=mutual+surprise

In which it seems Ilunak is in favor of allowing aliens reaction fire when you open doors, but Chris is indicating that is not how Xenonauts vanilla was meant to work, favoring the classic XCOM mutual surprise rule?

Is this something X:CE changed? Because when I opened an alien ship door with my shield man, he got blown away immediately by a Caesan with a rifle standing on the other side of it.

Or did Chris change his mind and make the basic game behave like this too?

This is pretty important to know.

• 1 year later...

Quoting from here:

Game balance

One of the mods included with X:CE is the X:CE Balance Mod, which addresses several of the biggest balance issues in the original game. The specifics are in the mod thread, but the main things the mod does is to make some very powerful vanilla tactics more difficult (repeatedly opening/closing doors, blocking teleporters, using vehicles to block Reapers), and adds incendiary items as protection against Sebillians.

If you wish to disable the X:CE Balance mod, then the actual gameplay mechanics remain almost exactly as in vanilla Xenonauts

(I believe) This is primarily to answer you question regarding to doors.

As for you @Johnny_B, I am in process of writing you a reply on how to assault the UFOs in the current up-to-date (mods included) as safely as possible in that another thread you wrote; it'll be hopefully done in few hours. And it's a lot of text as detailed and as easy to read as possible.

---
---
---