[X:CE 0.34 Unofficial today's release] Can't see floor in large ufo.

Atomiswave

Whatever roof option is used, I can't see inside first floor in large cruiser ufo. Only ground mode partially works, but in that case almost all objects are invisible. Also, i constantly see terrain tiles in ground level. Maybe I activated too many map mods? For now it only happens in cruiser ufo. I am using newest 34 release.

ground mode.jpg

normal mode.jpg

tiles.jpg

Roof on mode looks the same like normal mode.

I am using: Skitso improved tile pack/alien booster pack/ultimate map pack, restored community maps, random desert/farm/arctic collection/armored assault, new cars, lore+, Khall's portraits/tundra set, extended weapon descriptions for fighters, ambience forest and furies terror and dreadnoughts oh my.

Ground.sav

ground mode.jpg

normal mode.jpg

Ground.sav

tiles.jpg

577e7d4fe86ce_groundmode.jpg.8e31d08ed22

577e7d4fead65_normalmode.jpg.7e167e284dc

Ground.sav

tiles.jpg.df2b7c8961f98b2f8299bd0116743b

Edited by Atomiswave

The floor problem, I think, is related to reloading the game. I think it happens on tiles which were on fire - for whatever reason when the game loads it strips the UFO floor away.

So, to reproduce, try loading GC, save, check the UFO for tiles that are on fire, then load and check again.

(This has been a long-standing issue which happens with both my ECS and FitH mods, so it won't be anything XCE does specifically.)

The floor problem, I think, is related to reloading the game. I think it happens on tiles which were on fire - for whatever reason when the game loads it strips the UFO floor away.

So, to reproduce, try loading GC, save, check the UFO for tiles that are on fire, then load and check again.

(This has been a long-standing issue which happens with both my ECS and FitH mods, so it won't be anything XCE does specifically.)

I found a way to reproduce floor bug. If you enter UFO with bugged floor and then save and reload, somehow problem gets fixed itself. So the trick is to stand by the closed door, save and then enter ufo. Here is save file, just enter with Col.Niklas Bauer through the door in front of him and you will see bugged floor tiles.

floor.jpg

Tiles.sav

Tiles.sav

floor.jpg

Tiles.sav

floor.jpg.7d8f414002157871406f959bdd1509

Edited by Atomiswave

Oh, this is a problem with .34? Edit: Not directly; long standing issue with enhanced crash sites mod.

Been suffering this issue the last few days with the Cruiser ships; been driving me insane.

Any way we can get a hotfix (Steam) or temp fix this manually while we wait for the hotfix?

Edit: Nevermind the urgency; hiding roofs is a workaround I didn't know until I read this thread. My last mission bugged so badly I couldn't see either the lower or upper level, would've had to abort the mission or save scum so much just to get it finished.

Edited by DAOWAce

Oh, this is a problem with .34? Edit: Not directly; long standing issue with enhanced crash sites mod.

Been suffering this issue the last few days with the Cruiser ships; been driving me insane.

Any way we can get a hotfix (Steam) or temp fix this manually while we wait for the hotfix?

Edit: Nevermind the urgency; hiding roofs is a workaround I didn't know until I read this thread. My last mission bugged so badly I couldn't see either the lower or upper level, would've had to abort the mission or save scum so much just to get it finished.

I was not using enhanced crash site mod, so it's probably 0.34 problem.

Edited by Atomiswave

• 4 weeks later...

Same here. The issue always happens with Cruiser ship. Other UFOs seem to be ok. So for now I've found temporary in-game solution to use different tactics. Kill ETs wandering around the first level from a distance, then scroll to the second level (you'll see black tlies there, mouse click to see the path and send your assault team there. Second level should be visible. Works for me).

black-cruiser-tiles.jpg

black-cruiser-tiles.jpg

black-cruiser-tiles.thumb.jpg.63796f0376

• 1 year later...

Is there any update about this issue? It makes the game almost unplayable... I still have this problem in CE version 0.34.2. Thank you

To be more specific I have a problem with the black blop over the 1st floor of the UFO.

Edited by Drasta
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, nikodemo said:

I have the same problem in the same ufo. I don't see any level of the ufo because i see the roof...

Inside there's a captain alien for proceed in the story!

Any solution?

A work-around is to "remove the walls", as I wrote here:
http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/index.php?/topic/14283-xce-0342-cruiser-ufo-roof-turns-into-wall-due-telepads/

---
---
---

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nikodemo said:

With the hidden wall option (for who have the same problem: is the icon with the roof next to the backpack) i finally end the mission and capture the alien officer.

Thanx for your help Pave!

Its also under X-Division known bugs, with a detailed solution.

• 5 months later...

I started playing the latest version of Xenonauts CE a few days ago and I also have this bug. Weird that it is still around in August 2017. Clicking the roof icon solves the problem for a few seconds or until I click "end turn", then the bug returns or the entire cruiser gets transparent. Guess I'll have to stop doing ground missions on cruisers and always use the airstrike option. A really frustrating bug.  :( 

• 1 month later...
On 2/23/2017 at 11:02 PM, Pave said:

I don't see any workaround at this link, and like many others, I am stuck with the "black roof" effect on a mission with a cruiser wreck.

perhaps it was supposed to be a different link?

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...