Afterburners!

Noticed each time I try and retreat from air combat that I never reach the edge, maybe its already in there as something that you research later but in the same fashion as the Roll maneuver, could the Jet proprelled aircraft have afterburners to help with the escape?

Or am I just doing it wrong, seems to me if there's 2 interceptors and one attempts to make a run for it if the UFO is being pounded still by the other aircraft that the UFO would turn its attentions to the remaining attacker.

You should be able to use afterburners already (unless I'm misunderstanding your suggestion?).

They are currently a toggle next to the Roll maneuver that burns additional fuel when active, if you turn them on prior to retreating then they stay active while you retreat.

Apologies if its already in there

My graphics are a bit screwed up in the game, just checked again, only 2 options I see are Retreat and Roll, however if I put the mouse pointer just below roll it highlights a box so I assume thats it there, I just dont see the text.

Edited by Chimplicker

That's very peculiar. Sounds like a graphics driver issue or something, I've never seen that before. Basically the UI's not displaying properly because the game's running on too low a display setting (although 1280x800 should be playable, I use it for testing builds) and the text is too big for the buttons.

The options in the drop-down are taken directly from your video card so I'l try updating the drivers and see if that helps?