X:CE 0.34 Release Candidate

llunak

Ok, try once more please.

I tried 0.34.3 and default game and modded works fine. I didn't test it for a long play but everything looks working.

and Ilunak i saw that there is an image before the game starts. I asked this to chris months ago about putting an image or video at the beginning of the game, he said the game engine does not allow that.

As a visual fan, i liked this very much. Can you improve this? Like adding more then one image even adding a movie file as a demo before the main menu comes. It would be very cool!

And how can i edit that image? Can i mod that too or it's taken from the default game?

Sidenote: Is there any plan to add my manufacture locking/erasing code to researches.xml soon?

and Ilunak i saw that there is an image before the game starts. I asked this to chris months ago about putting an image or video at the beginning of the game, he said the game engine does not allow that.

As a visual fan, i liked this very much. Can you improve this? Like adding more then one image even adding a movie file as a demo before the main menu comes. It would be very cool!

It wasn't exactly trivial, and I find doing more with it to have a pretty low gain/effort ratio.

And how can i edit that image? Can i mod that too or it's taken from the default game?

It's done very early in the startup, before mod loading is initialized, so the path to it is hardcoded. Why would a mod want to change that?

Sidenote: Is there any plan to add my manufacture locking/erasing code to researches.xml soon?

Queued, but it won't make it into 0.34, sorry (0.34 is quite overdue as it is, and I want it out finally).

It's done very early in the startup, before mod loading is initialized, so the path to it is hardcoded. Why would a mod want to change that.

Queued, but it won't make it into 0.34, sorry (0.34 is quite overdue as it is, and I want it out finally).

Heh i am a modder who edited every image at the default game. I always pick up my MainMenu picture special. So even having a entry image would be much better. Even it's hard coded you mean the path is at default game folder right? Still I would like to have an opportunity to add my image there.

0.34 got many lovely things and that easy new ufo assignment to maps is a huge step for me. So I can greatly wait for 35..

Damage, smoke and fire are now generated around crashed UFOs in order to make them more like they have actually crashed (EnhanceCrashSites in config.xml). The 'Enhanced Crash Sites' mod that did this manually is most probably not compatible with this feature and should be disabled.

What about 'Fire In The Hole' mod (already include 'Enhanced Crash Sites' changes)?

This is an extract of the Skitso's map pack first page:

"INSTALLATION

Download the map pack

Head to your Xenonauts install directory

Backup everything in case something goes wrong. (Or for some bizarre reason would like to play the game without this pack )

Copy the content of the zip into the /assets/ folder in the Xenonauts directory overwriting everything.

Install the stair patch (read this)

Play the game!"

This small patch overwrites 4 files...

Check his page:

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/10980-V1-09-Skitso-s-Ultimate-Megamix-Map-Pack-2000