Number of human bases

bergamon

• 3 weeks later...

Normaly I dont need more than 4 Bases.

Main Base: Transport (the best you can have), 4 Interceptors (best you can buy or produce), full Reaserch (2x Resarch Building), Production for things the Troops, Vehicles and Interceptors / Transports here need (2x Workshop), Radar (3x for max Radar Range), 2 Sick Bays (for faster healing), 1 Garage (for the Vehicles on Base / Transport), 1 Storeroom, 5 Hangars (1 Transport, 4 Interceptors); 1 Living Qarter, Rest for Special Buildings if there are any

Second Base / first Interceptor Base: 7 Hangars for Interceptors, 3x Radar, 1 Storeroom, 1 Living Quarter (2 if you have 4 Workshops), 1 Garage for Vehicle Production and Store), 2 Workshops maybe 1 or 2 more, Defence Batteries, and 1 or 2 Slots for Special Bildungs if there are any

Third Base / second Interceptor Base: 3x Radar, 1 Storeroom, 7 Hangars for Interceptors, 1 or 2 Slots for Special Buildings if there are any, Rest with Defence Batteries

Fourth Base / third Interceptor Base: like Third Base

The blind things you can handle normaly with the Interceptors, because Bases cost a lot of Money. I did that in the original Game and CE in normal mode. Easyer it is with Mods like X-Devision Mod / other Mods with an AWACS.

• 1 year later...

Of course, less bases - better playability, but I can not get used to... more than 5000km combat range of fighters in late 70's. So, creating a dense network of bases every 2-3 thousands kilometres seems so obvious to me. That's why I did not fully... grasp the fantastic realities of this game ;)))