[v1.09/X:CE v0.31] X - DIVISION - Destiny Denied v0.98+

drages

5 hours ago, drages said:

Welcome Vulkannu, i think you replied to wrong thread but not important. As i asnwered you at steam, there is no CTD we know of. Why don't u upload your save and we can check it.

Oh sorry i couldn't find the right thread apologies, here is my save, as soon as i end the turn the aliens make then move then boom crash

AutosaveIM2016-09-21_19.29.38.sav

3 minutes ago, Vulkannu said:

Oh sorry i couldn't find the right thread apologies, here is my save, as soon as i end the turn the aliens make then move then boom crash

AutosaveIM2016-09-21_19.29.38.sav

Uhmm.. right thread link is the one at steam which you already downloaded the mod itself. I will for it. But as i said if the game crushes its because a wrong/missing install..

1 minute ago, drages said:

Uhmm.. right thread link is the one at steam which you already downloaded the mod itself. I will for it. But as i said if the game crushes its because a wrong/missing install..

Okay, ill uninstall Xenonaughts completely and work from there ill let you know on steam if i have the same problem

10 minutes ago, Vulkannu said:

Okay, ill uninstall Xenonaughts completely and work from there ill let you know on steam if i have the same problem

So about crahses and freezes.

Sleepy ...

A crash or freeze normally points that you havent installed or activated all the map packs which are required: Heres the list as a reminder:

On 10.8.2016 at 7:22 PM, Charon said:

Requirements

XCE 0.34.1

• Either change your steam version to XCE under "Properties" "Beta" for steam or download the official version from the forum.
On 12.8.2016 at 6:23 PM, drages said:

Right click to Xenonauts at library, then properties. Choose Betas and then XCE.. the game will get an update and u will have the real XCE.

This mod is map pack ressource depending:

Khalls´s Tundra Tileset
Random Map Pack Arctic Collection
Random Map Pack Desert Style
Random Map Pack Farm Edition
Restored Community Map Pack
Skitsos Alien Base Booster Pack
Skitsos Improved Tile Art Pack
Skitsos Ultimate Mega Mix Map Pack 2000

• All this map packs are available in XCE as of 0.34.1

Due to respect to their original creators X-Division doesnt implement the ressources for this maps needed. X-Division only includes the xml files for the maps but not more.

As this seems to be a big problem to understand im thinking about putting the necessary ressources into a seperate mod to download, as i dont want to integrate something which other people may want to seperate again. Although because of the way the modlauncher works this causes as many problems as it fixes.

In other words theres no way around this:

On 10.8.2016 at 7:22 PM, Charon said:
  • The modloader needs to be EXACTLY in this order
  • ALL mods you want to play with need to have a "YES" in the Active column, if you want to play with X-Division Easy Airgame you have to activate it ( I dont )
  • You shouldn`t play X-Division with any other mods than stated. Only cosmetic mods are allowed and only if you know exactly what you are doing. Keep in mind every savegame is unique to its mods its saved with.

• 1 month later...

Hey, so I just started playing and I must say, it's a lot of fun! However, I've encountered an issue that's either a noob not understanding how it works or a bug. When are you supposed to get your first stun weapons? I had the research notification pop up that I should have the beat-sticks available and start capturing these alien bastards, but I can't find them in the equipment screen. I checked the videos so I know right where they should be, but no sticks.

2 hours ago, Miltonian said:

Hey, so I just started playing and I must say, it's a lot of fun! However, I've encountered an issue that's either a noob not understanding how it works or a bug. When are you supposed to get your first stun weapons? I had the research notification pop up that I should have the beat-sticks available and start capturing these alien bastards, but I can't find them in the equipment screen. I checked the videos so I know right where they should be, but no sticks.

I think you may be in the wrong thread and have the wrong game installed.

The latest thread and game is

What videos were you checking ?

• 4 months later...

Hi! First of all - its' great game, it's great mod, and u guys doing great job. I think with this mod, it's probably one of the best X-COM games(i played this games since Enemy Unknown from 94). So here some critique with all my respec.

Some bugs (sry, dont have saves, didn't know it will be needed). I'm not shure is it XCE or X-Division bug, couse i played only original game and this mod.

1) Double medpack - when soldier take medpack in hands, it consume both slots (doublehanded), but when i remove it from hands - i got 2 medpacks, one for each heand.

2) Weapon reload in backback - not shure how it happens, but if i place my rifle in backback, it will reload itself sometimes. For example: i shooted with burst, and now rifle have 12/15 magazine loaded, and later it will become 15/15 in backpack(it happend with laser rifle).

3) This one will be a bit triker. When enemy shoot at you with reacktion shot, and your xcomer at this moment step on teleport - game will freeze(neverending ufo turn), and enemy shoot another direction(ofc it will miss, but it looks like alien thinking my soldier standing somewhere else).

4) Sometimes large aliens (disc, tank, glaiders) don't move at all, like they stuck in smth. It happens 2 times when tey attacked my base - they spawned at location, and was just standing doing nothing. Funny thing - behind big alien glaider was 2-3 aliens who cant move either, couse it blocked their way.

5) Wierd AI actions - if i throw smoke grenade between my soldier and alien, alien probably will run towards soldier and will try stand behind him(almost meele range), wich in 99% will lead to very very bad alien position. It looks like reaper patter(trying hit tank from back), but this happends with Sebillians.

6) Also there is wierd stuff with snipers (flying aliens,  harridan if i'm not mistaken) - they shoot at me very rarely, and very often they try do this wierd stuff like reaper - flying behind me, and stay almost in melee range.

7) Very often i have "officer on mission", but this officer Andron, how i suppose to stun it? Is it bug or just "feature"?

Also some notes:

1) Can u replace all alien weapons wich needed for cores(ballistic, energy) with some "unique balistic ingridient". Anyway we cant equip it in barraks.

For example - after fight, i found 2 ballistic heavy weapons and 1 ballistic sniper - at this moment, for one "ballistic core" i will need 4 ballistic heavy or 2 ballistic sniper(with your system). But when i have a lot of different weapons - it's VERY annoing to schedule it in workshop(in your mod a lot of different weapons, it's great, but not for workshop managment).

So, i propose - after fight, don't give me ballistic heavy and ballistic sniper, but some "ballistic ingridient" - for sniper it will be for example 10, for heavy 5. And for 1 ballistic core i will need 5 "balllistic ingridients". Same balance, but now we have 1 workshop order for ALL "ballistic cores".

So after fight all weapons will automatically dissasemble, but not for "cores", but for "core-parts". And with some of this "parts"(20 for example) we can create "cores". Or, if it not researched yet - do not dissasemble it till we research it, and when research done - it will be automaticly dissasambled.

I think same thing could go for UFO's parts and alien corpses. It will be much easier to manage workshop.

2) It's rly hard to start play this mod, and not because it's hard itself(it's hard, but problem here in another "dimension"), but couse there is not much info about what is going on there. I found out about different aliens resistances after ~10-15 fights, i thought reapers just broken couse mod hard, but later i found out(read here, not in game) that they just very resistant to lasers, and weak against bullets. Same goes for alien spesialists - info about them appear relatively late, and for now i have my stun-stick against full-plate sebillians =( And cant find stun grenades, couse all fights agains sebillians and androns, but stun grenades/rokets not helping much too.

3) I removed "radar aircraft", not shure it's needed, but i cant build/buy it now =(

Sry double post, not shure how it happend.

Edited by Elarion