[v1.09/X:CE v0.31] X - DIVISION - Destiny Denied v0.98+

drages

Will there be Q&A phase, not in literal sense, this isn't professional software development but you get a meaning ? I believe this wouldn't be bad thing since 0.99 is basically major overhaul of entire mod, so closed beta testing wouldn't hurt. among other things.

Edited by Sentelin

Ok first of all - I have sunk 40 hours into 0.98 and it is amazing - great job!

There is a lot of balancing and bugs to be sorted but not a single one is actually game breaking so once again well done.

Bugs: (I have only downloaded the file from Nexus)

- alien grenades not showing - you already mentioned to be fixed for 0.99

- new tanks and turrets do not work, no icon showing for the gun so basically you can use it as a mobile shield - BIG issue imho

-few research screens show black - when you research like a few things at once I saw that you click next and it skips to another one, then next and you end up on black screen - you then have to click next one more time to finish research update. Not sure if it is missing info for some techs. Don't have an example but will keep an eye on it if it happens again.

- No salvaging option for Landing ship? It is one of the main ships so dunno if it was intended or not.

- enchanted shields do not show up with AP smg (two handed weapon graphics present)

- I found one soldier model that is bugged and once equipped with armor disappears (in the menu) and shows as half transparent on the mission map. Unfortunately he died on me but if I see it again I will save game and forward to see if it is something related to your mod.

Balancing:

- grenades are SHIT, no other way of putting that and to make them usable I believe they have to be buffed to the level of old XCOMs - dmg can be discussed but radius should be increased on early ones. have them as large radius low dmg (with upgrades through research later on)

- can alien base fortification be slowed down to put it in line with longer/slower paced campaign - they jumped to fortress in no time as it is.

- manufacturing time (work hours not cost) of ammo and rockets/grenades should be lowered. Keeping them expensive and use resources makes a lot of sense but making them as time consuming to make as lets say an assault rifle does not.

Finally besides missing lore you have a lot of spelling/grammar errors. I am not one for writing lore but I for checking the flavor text before release to correct stuff if you need that kind of help.

Edited by tkrysiak

Will there be Q&A phase, not in literal sense, this isn't professional software development but you get a meaning ? I believe this wouldn't be bad thing since 0.99 is basically major overhaul of entire mod, so closed beta testing wouldn't hurt. among other things.

Closed beta test is a must for every step of this mod. But this is not a game that you can just send it and let's test. I need to finish many things. Weapons done, aliens done, UFO's and their timing done but i am doing the crews right now. Particles done, projectiles done, sounds done. Vehicles and air will be same at first, then vehicles will get a redone with new weapons and air, i dont know maybe as a dlc :), but still i need to balance them for phases. Manufacture and research is untouched, left as last because everything should be finished to put them manufacture and research changes.

If there is no manufacture or research, it wont be a playble game. But i will put it to test mostly any crash/bug/missing stuff as visual and sound. Draku can start to do weapon strings and desc. Everything will be open to use.

I am not at Q/A good or didnt do it before. I need Q's :)..

---------

tkrysiak thank you very much. Let me answer some of your ideas..

- Hmm vehicles.. can u save please?

- Yeah some researches got no or wrong ufopedia link so this is the reason. Not a game breaking or you dont miss anything..

- Landing ship.. a big missing thing as you said..

- Ground combat visuals totally remade from beginning much carefully.

- Yeah i saw grenades radius is less then i planned. But i did heavy explosives more throwable and you should use them realy this time. Androns will bring many big drones and they are realy tank like..at X-Com i never used human grenade, always big explosive which you can throw to the end of the map lol.. :)

- Bases.. noted!

- Manufacturing will be totally different. You wont manufacture the weapon but you will manufacture for one time for a weapon and it's later versions. But it can change.. waiting some more things from XCE..

Yes, X-Division is against grammer :).. Once i come to that point i will call help from everyone :)

Thx again!

No problem, I will keep em coming - if you could PM me the address to email the saves I will provide you with files. I know my friend who installed the game the same way (steam Xeno+community beta+Nexus version of 0.98) has exactly the same issues with all new tanks and new tank weapons. I will be more than happy to provide you with a save where I have some manufactured so you can do tests.

As for throwing C4 packs - I totally agree, I used them myself in good old xcom.

Also one final question - is there a way to make hull breaching possible during UFO raids like it was the case in lets say good old Terror from the deep?

No problem, I will keep em coming - if you could PM me the address to email the saves I will provide you with files. I know my friend who installed the game the same way (steam Xeno+community beta+Nexus version of 0.98) has exactly the same issues with all new tanks and new tank weapons. I will be more than happy to provide you with a save where I have some manufactured so you can do tests.

As for throwing C4 packs - I totally agree, I used them myself in good old xcom.

Also one final question - is there a way to make hull breaching possible during UFO raids like it was the case in lets say good old Terror from the deep?

you can upload your game here or to a share website like mega or mediafire.

You can breach at xidivision from special parts. But it won't be at first version of 0.99... maybe at later ones because the mapping system is changed and it's way complicated. I got some plans about UFO ground battles, like locking main doors to make you use some special things to open it..

I like the mod, but grenades make me want to ragequit it. I dont like save-load scumming but it looks like its the only counter.

1. Blood grenades. Even 70+ hp soldiers in jackal get oneshot because they get damage from the explosion + damage from standing in cloud at the start of the next turn. And every sibillian even at scouts seem to be carrying one grenade. Thats kinda harsh for the very early game? At the first page i see you made grenades instant only in latest hotfix, maybe they were not balanced for that? Also soldiers in Fox take like 2 points of damage from it which is kinda dumb too, this armor doesnt even have a gas mask. Maybe lower the damage, but also lower resistance on Fox?

2. Damage spikes. Assaulting a corvette, 2 fox armor shielders corner a caesan officer. He throws a suicidal grenade under his feet. 130 damage, instagibs both him and my guys with 10 alloy equipment each. Same with sebilians, throws next tier blood grenade, full hp fox and wolf instantly dead.

3. Stun grenades. These one do more harm then good to aliens, but are so annoying. Like sebilians with blood, every caesan seem to have one. Aliens run out of their cover to throw one and your snipers handle him, then you have to skip like 5 turns for stun gas to dissipate so you can revive your soldier with a medkit.

I like the mod, but grenades make me want to ragequit it. I dont like save-load scumming but it looks like its the only counter.

1. Blood grenades. Even 70+ hp soldiers in jackal get oneshot because they get damage from the explosion + damage from standing in cloud at the start of the next turn. And every sibillian even at scouts seem to be carrying one grenade. Thats kinda harsh for the very early game? At the first page i see you made grenades instant only in latest hotfix, maybe they were not balanced for that? Also soldiers in Fox take like 2 points of damage from it which is kinda dumb too, this armor doesnt even have a gas mask. Maybe lower the damage, but also lower resistance on Fox?

2. Damage spikes. Assaulting a corvette, 2 fox armor shielders corner a caesan officer. He throws a suicidal grenade under his feet. 130 damage, instagibs both him and my guys with 10 alloy equipment each. Same with sebilians, throws next tier blood grenade, full hp fox and wolf instantly dead.

3. Stun grenades. These one do more harm then good to aliens, but are so annoying. Like sebilians with blood, every caesan seem to have one. Aliens run out of their cover to throw one and your snipers handle him, then you have to skip like 5 turns for stun gas to dissipate so you can revive your soldier with a medkit.

Hi. Welcome to forums and xdivision.

Grenades are dangerous. Your points are all valid. For this reason the early game grended numbers is much less at 0.99. There won't be cloud damage from grended too. Fox armour is against chemical and explosives even it's not look like that at picture. Shields are grenade magnet so use your shield carriers with fox armour. There won't be any blood grenade at the beginning only stun ones at 0.99 too. I hope this will handle those problems.

You can throw 2 grenades and alien can throw 1.. a 3. grenade per turn would be balance issue i think..

I often find myself only able to use one grenade a turn, because I need to move into position.

I think it would be quite balanced. You can take a very limited amount of grenades on a mission, they cost resources to make, they have limited throwing range (you need to get dangerously close to hit the enemy) and most of the time they either destroy equipment I want to steal or make it difficult to go through the area.

The throwing tu is %40. This is the tu you need to use when grenade is at your hand. When you try to throw a grenade from your fast throw ui it becomes %55. Grenades have incinerate damage and if you can spam them it would be much easier to kill melee aliens.

But you said we got already limited grenade. Yeah right. But I still try to balance alien and human weapon tus. At 099 aliens rifle burst tu nerfed already. They can use 1 grenade per turn. Lowering the range will make it more useless. If you are so close I would prefer to shoot. Let's look for 0.99 testes and we can find a way about this.

Just a quick update - I have reported that landing ship datacores were missing from manufacturing. I haven't realized they were research locked - all good. haven't realized it was late game content only.

I am still waiting a save game from you. I will start vehicles soon.

I am still waiting a save game from you. I will start vehicles soon.

There you go - a save from a mission where I sent a defender tank. It shows no cannon just like it is with picked up alien grenades etc. If you abort the mission you can manufacture new tank weapons for the tanks and see they are also affected. Havent used anything past scout cars and defender (scout works fine with default weapon)

2.sav

2.sav

2.sav

My problem is that I cannot build anything because EVERYTHING advance tech requires alien alloys and I cannot get enough to make the stuff...now if I could produce alien alloys I could start making stuff....but no matter how much research you have available you cannot research making the alien alloys. As of now all the engineers can make is old tech stuff (stuff that does not require alien alloys). Other than that they'd be sitting around tiddling their thumbs. Attacking every downed UFO still does not get me enough alien alloys to make more than 1 low alien alloy requiring item per TURN.

This definitely increases with time as you attack bigger ships and fighters. I am rolling in Alloys and even with all the reactions I use em for. Alenium on the other side I am short of but if I wanted to grind more downed ufo's you can get enough.

I think it is balanced enough so you don't end up crafting tons of best grade stuff too soon.

Bug or feature? Guys in predator armor cant use medkits(working as intended) BUT I am not able to heal them with other soldiers either. Cant remember vanilla mechanics tbh - but this is a death sentence to anyone with bleeding wound atm

Realy.. it's strange but maybe it could be the extra healt that armour gives. So after a why, when the armours extra health finished you can heal him.. I dont think something else.

I have a community 0.33 HF2 xeno with settings and balance (both for xce 0.33 hf2) and when I try to instal X-Division version: "X-Division Ver. 0.98.2.7-8-0-98-2-7" i get an "Error: File is not a mod file" message.

What should I do? Pls help.

Umm.. there is something wrong with the version number. You just need to extract the file in to the mod folder of your game. How do you try to install? Nexus one or from here part by part? If nexus, as i said you only need to extract it.

There you go - a save from a mission where I sent a defender tank. It shows no cannon just like it is with picked up alien grenades etc. If you abort the mission you can manufacture new tank weapons for the tanks and see they are also affected. Havent used anything past scout cars and defender (scout works fine with default weapon)

I couldn't open save game. My 0.98 is a bit edited, i didn't have any problem with old saves but this time it crashed at loading. BUT i checked the vehicle weapons at 0.99 and they worked. I didn't touch the files so i think it could be an install problem at your side. Can you put some screenshots about it please?

Thank you for your fast reply. Yup it worked.

Pls answer one more question which from the following mods are compatible with X-Division Ver.0.98.2.7 (CE 0.33 HF2)

- Ambience Forest

- Khall's More Portraits

- Khall's Thundra Tileset

- Lore+

- NewCars

- Restored Community Map Pack (is it good btw?)

- Skitso's maps and tiles are I guess compatible right?

- xce balance and setting (what the hell are these for?)

Sorry for bothering you but I just want to be absolutely sure that I know what Im doing and everything will work.

Edited by radek

Thank you for your fast reply. Yup it worked.

Pls answer one more question which from the following mods are compatible with X-Division Ver.0.98.2.7 (CE 0.33 HF2)

- Ambience Forest

- Khall's More Portraits

- Khall's Thundra Tileset

- Lore+

- NewCars

- Restored Community Map Pack (is it good btw?)

- Skitso's maps and tiles are I guess compatible right?

- xce balance and setting (what the hell are these for?)

Sorry for bothering you but I just want to be absolutely sure that I know what Im doing and everything will work.

You you can use them but portraits can be problematic at new armours.

Xce balance and settings are to make XCE additions enable. So with only Xce you only got fixes not new features.

0.34 can have problem because of it's incinerate weapons. but 0.33 is totally fine and enough.