[v1.09/X:CE v0.31] X - DIVISION - Destiny Denied v0.98+

drages

stunning aliens with a stun baton is way easier then actualy killing them with a weapon, it only takes a few swings to knock one down, even huge xenomorphs , 4 guys should take it down, i did it in 0.97

anyway it feels like im not getting anyware , lowering armor and hp wont make a diferance , the most effective way will still be to throw grenades and just ignore weapons all together , the best tactic i found was to remove all weapons and just equip all of my soldiers with shields medpacks grenades and c4 , do i have any casulties ? very few , is it enjoyable to ignore weapons and just throw explosives ? not for me , why am i using such tactics when i despise it ? because its the most efficient way and the lowest chance of casulties

guess il wait another few weeks before il try it again , maybe it will be different, atm its not enjoyable regardless of the difficulty , i play most games on the highest difficulty i have no problem with hard games , as long as i fail because of my mistake and not , oh you rolled bad, xcom style games are very boring unless you play it ironman, if a tactic doesnt work on ironman its worthless because even a 1% chance will work if u save scum enough

stunning aliens with a stun baton is way easier then actualy killing them with a weapon, it only takes a few swings to knock one down, even huge xenomorphs , 4 guys should take it down, i did it in 0.97

anyway it feels like im not getting anyware , lowering armor and hp wont make a diferance , the most effective way will still be to throw grenades and just ignore weapons all together , the best tactic i found was to remove all weapons and just equip all of my soldiers with shields medpacks grenades and c4 , do i have any casulties ? very few , is it enjoyable to ignore weapons and just throw explosives ? not for me , why am i using such tactics when i despise it ? because its the most efficient way and the lowest chance of casulties

guess il wait another few weeks before il try it again , maybe it will be different, atm its not enjoyable regardless of the difficulty , i play most games on the highest difficulty i have no problem with hard games , as long as i fail because of my mistake and not , oh you rolled bad, xcom style games are very boring unless you play it ironman, if a tactic doesnt work on ironman its worthless because even a 1% chance will work if u save scum enough

sry fall. You still consantrate on 3-4 starter weapons at a mod with about 100 weapons.. u can edit the mod and give yourself gauss weapons at beginning.. or just hype the ranges and damages as u wish.. it takes only 5 min.. it's your choise it's your enjoyment.. I am considering every idea here and I can't change everything for one guy without a solid and verified with other testers opinions.. Ofcourse there is long way to finish the mod.. i got much to do..

anyway.. I got plan to overhaul all the vehicles.. I will give them different purposes. Hunter class will have very powerful rockets.. scimitar class will have heavy cannons.. and 2 total new tank will be added. Maybe u remember that mod.. i forgot the name with mortar tanks.. one will be mortar and one will be heavy armored to be cover for xenonauts..

Just a suggestion, the 30 cal is always my weapon of choice with the Hunter. Perhaps something like that on the hunter or another tank would be in order? And is it possible to make a rocket launcher progression? Each launcher being more accurate, longer ranged, and easier to use than the one before it?

Drages, if you don't mind, I have a suggestion for a support weapon. It would be nice to have a ranged smoke cannon so it is safer and faster to advance. I've made an example of what I'm talking about.

<Weapon name="weapon.hologun" bulletType="normal" emptySound="Empty Click 1" disableReactionFire="1">

<props range="25" hands="1" recoil="0" weight="3" isHeavy="0" clipSize="12" reloadAPCost="25" reloadSound="Weapon Laser Rifle Reload" reactionModifier="0.5" />

<BurstFire ap="20"" accuracy="100" sound="Weapon Laser Rifle Single" shotCount="3" delay="0.6" burstdelay="0.1" suppressionValue="0" suppressionRadius="1.5" />

<GUIImage name="gui/weapons/Lasercarbine.png"/>

<GroundImage name="grounditemimages/laser_carbine.png"/>

<Ammos>

<Ammo name="ammo.laser.lasercell" type="energy" damage="0" mitigation="0" pelletCount="3">

<Projectile spectre="projectiles/laser/laser" speed="1500" showAfterDistance="60.0"/>

<Impact spectre="particles/explosion/explosion" radius="2" sound="Weapon Stun Baton Reload" fireChance="0" smokeChance="100" gasType="SmokeGrenadeGas" />

</Ammo>

</Ammos>

</Weapon>

Major Adrianova has been bothering us. She saw a conflict between her squad tactics and my own design doctrine, claiming that aiding squad manoveure was more importantly than focusing on delivering high kinetic energy. While I resent the insult to my team's technical planning, I was willing to take advice from the troopers waiting for our advancements. A major source of distress for our troopers was taking reaction fire while leap-frogging toward objectives. The good Major requested a tool to seal off enemy sight-lines from range .

The hologun was originally made by our American sponsors. It "blacks out" areas it is pointed at. Free electrons are suspended by the Goldstein process midair. Nothing heavier than light is blocked. Of course, there are certain technical problems that caused the original developers to abandon it. For one, the massive consumption of power. For two, there were difficulties in sustaining the shadows under combat conditions. The use of alenium power batteries and adaptive alloy dispersers has solved this.

A quick squeeze of the trigger automatically fires a three shot burst of darkness. It is moderately accurate, covers a respectable area, and is power-efficient. Our soldiers are already enjoying this device on the firing ranges.

Nice idea nuclear. Thx Kubi.

I tested apDamage which needs to lower the enemy TU next turn.. and.. its not working.. so dont do crazy things :).. kabill will look for it.. if it works, i will give some weapons like injectors/shotguns/heavy pistols new aspect..

Edited by drages

sometimes I get pop up from the xenopedia but it does not shows a black page.

is that normal?

This has happened to me a lot actually, sometimes when I close up that pop-up screen it shows that I can manufacture a new item. I think it's just the xenopedia not being complete yet.

This has happened to me a lot actually, sometimes when I close up that pop-up screen it shows that I can manufacture a new item. I think it's just the xenopedia not being complete yet.

Yes its xenopedia issue which i redo it from beginning as said at 2. reply of this topic.. I am at final entries and planning to finish it today..

Hi Hi guys. Did play this Weekend through (Paused with sleep stages) and now I have my first Corvette Groundbattle ended. Now I know why you should have Lasers at this Stage. Made it with my Next Gen Weapons, but all my Soldiers get hurt badly. My Scout "Hunter" with Rockets was destroyed.

The Andron Dissembly Bug is gone, so you get better protection for Soldiers. But I remermberd that the description of Andron Web is ####.

To the Ideas posted here for a while:

- don´t chance the Invasion time. Let it so up to now. You have much to research and you have to

split your Scientists to get what you need.

- don´t make more chances to the Vehicle Weaponary; it´s O.K. like it is because we don´t need

more (never chance a running system) :D

- make the Standard Rocket Launcher for the Hunter researchable. It was a good concept from XNT

because the Chief-Scientist says it to in his Xenopedia-Report.

- Jackal Armor: a) you let the Origianal in the Mod and upgrade it a little so the lone Picture has a

right to exist. So the Fox is a first step to make Jackal better. The second step is

a lighter Jackal Armor with litte more improvements (we could take the Entry from

XNT and make stats only a litte better then the original Jackel);

b) you chance the Orignal Jackal Entry completely and bring the lone Picture in so we

have only the Fox upgrade to that.

- I read more, but I don´t remember on it, becaus I still testing the Game.

Oh and I found 2 Things I sayd allready; Kubi thx I noticed that too:

- F-24 Asisrus Airframe is ####.

- Andron Web Research Description is ####.

- first Human Stun Grenade (Advanced Stun Grenade it is named in the Storeroom)

Thats all up to now I found. Will test more now. See you later.

Edited by Alienkiller

Hi Hi guys. Did play this Weekend through (Paused with sleep stages) and now I have my first Corvette Groundbattle ended. Now I know why you should have Lasers at this Stage. Made it with my Next Gen Weapons, but all my Soldiers get hurt badly. My Scout "Hunter" with Rockets was destroyed.

The Andron Dissembly Bug is gone, so you get better protection for Soldiers. But I remermberd that the description of Andron Web is ####.

To the Ideas posted here for a while:

- don´t chance the Invasion time. Let it so up to now. You have much to research and you have to

split your Scientists to get what you need.

- don´t make more chances to the Vehicle Weaponary; it´s O.K. like it is because we don´t need

more (never chance a running system) :D

- make the Standard Rocket Launcher for the Hunter researchable. It was a good concept from XNT

because the Chief-Scientist says it to in his Xenopedia-Report.

- Jackal Armor: a) you let the Origianal in the Mod and upgrade it a little so the lone Picture has a

right to exist. So the Fox is a first step to make Jackal better. The second step is

a lighter Jackal Armor with litte more improvements (we could take the Entry from

XNT and make stats only a litte better then the original Jackel);

b) you chance the Orignal Jackal Entry completely and bring the lone Picture in so we

have only the Fox upgrade to that.

- I read more, but I don´t remember on it, becaus I still testing the Game.

Oh and I found 2 Things I sayd allready; Kubi thx I noticed that too:

- F-24 Asisrus Airframe is ####.

- Andron Web Research Description is ####.

- first Human Stun Grenade (Advanced Stun Grenade it is named in the Storeroom)

Thats all up to now I found. Will test more now. See you later.

Did you sleep!!! you treator!!!

- If ppl are fine with that long game and they dont get bored to wait the next step, nice to me.. i wont touch it..

- Is there a research named Andron Web? hmm.. the objects in this game nearly passed my memory limit.. :)

- Never change a running system? me? I changed a running game :).. vehicles are at chaos now.. yeah its working but very simple for me.

- I will make the rocket again a research when i messed with the vehicles..

- Mod is at limit of armours.. you gets wolf after androns anyway.. we do not need 5 of crappy first era armours..

- I will handle that ####..

Come on guys pass the cruisers.. i need info about carrier/battleship fights..

Edited by drages

Come on guys pass the cruisers.. i need info about carrier/battleship fights..

You should give this task to TD.I will never wrap my head around over the fact how he managed to work on mod,play the mod few times (usually reaching end game or completing game),go to work,go on date,eat (it's debatable if he ever took a shower)survive a car accident and work on mod (that happened twice ..). I can go on with this list forever but main point you need beta tester like him.

Edited by Sentelin

Yes it is that research, I will test it. About the next Step (Xenopedias etc.) is that for 0.98 HF and a new Version, or only for a new Version?

About Battleships & Co. this could take a while. But it is better to play longer and slower, so you will find more interessting things or not so good things like Bugs. :D

Oh one more thing I want to ask. I shot down Fighters and demontaged them. The thing you need for that is "Fallen Alien Fighter". O.K. But for what do I need the Fighter Datacore?

Edited by Alienkiller

You should give this task to TD.I will never wrap my head around over the fact that TD how he managed to work on mod,play the mod few times (usually reaching end game or completing game),go to work,go on date,eat (it's debatable if he ever took a shower)survive a car accident and work on mod (that happened twice ..). I can go on with this list forever but main point you need beta tester like him.

TD is a good tester for use but he is the leader type.. he should lead his own project to work on something so harsh. We dont have hurry.. i need to finish the xenopedia before my brain burns.. i hate lame code writing..

Then ask Selgald.As our tester he always managed to find a way to beat a game at hardest difficulty in record time.He can also provide you with good feedback because he has experience as beta tester and as of lately he has more than enough time to waste.

TD isn't really a leader type.He is more of "his own boss" type of person,what I didn't like while working with him is that he always tries to enforce his idea,opinion and if you don't fight hard he wins an argument....end of story,so yeah he might not be good tester after all :)

Edited by Sentelin

Then ask Selgald.As our tester he always managed to find a way to beat game at hardest difficulty in record time.He can also provide you with good feedback because he has experience as beta tester and as of lately he has more than enough time to waste.

Most of your team didn't here sadly.. i know Selgald is replies here and there, but i didnt see him at x-division topics.. so he is not interested i think..

Btw, you mentioned heavy modified kabill dynamic ufo spawn mod made by yourself.. if you have any ideas about geospace i am open..

Selgald is translating the Game to German. The Translation includes the Main Game, Lore+ and atm XNT. The Translation is not ready yet, but if you ask he and his Team could tranlate XDevision too.

We need to finish this first, before that it would be pain..

Selgald is quite type and he usually only communicates via PM so don't expect from his appearance here in this thread,send him PM it won't hurt.

By me:

As for system here is what I wrote almost year ago:

I'd suggest balancing it out so that there's a trade-off between intercepting different kinds of UFO missions. Eg.:

- Scout and Supply missions increase the alien ticker the most, but don't do any funding damage.

- Research missions increase the ticker a little and also do some funding damage.

- Ground attack and bombing run missions don't increase the ticker but do the most funding damage.

- All the other missions don't increase the ticker but have their own effects (i.e. terror/base assaults).

In terms of interception, then, you have a trade-off between slowing the alien ticker, reducing funding damage, and preventing difficult missions. Potentially, it can interact with Dynamic UFOs as well, as you might be in a situation where you want to bag a big UFO for loot, but it's not doing anything especially dangerous so again there's a trade-off regarding loot vs. blocking alien missions.

Just to make clear I never completed this kind of system because what was the point of completing something that would never be used.

Edited by Sentelin

Hey, Drages, I just found a problem with the alien drones and their wreckage. The wreckage is sold after a mission and so you can't build the Scimitar/Savior tanks. This is kind of a problem because the tanks are kind of a must have, especially with Androns and Harridans given how powerful their weapons are.

Hey, Drages, I just found a problem with the alien drones and their wreckage. The wreckage is sold after a mission and so you can't build the Scimitar/Savior tanks. This is kind of a problem because the tanks are kind of a must have, especially with Androns and Harridans given how powerful their weapons are.

OMG.. hotfix alert!!!