[v1.09/X:CE v0.31] X - DIVISION - Destiny Denied v0.98+

drages

Yes, and as we've found, these parts aren't recognized as something that can be researched. The only Andron parts I've been able to research are the Hub parts I've salvaged, but the parts from say...a guard, don't qualify as something that can be researched according to the game. Thus, we can't acquire wolf armor or new vehicles and/or weapons. Also, Drages, you may want to check the Corsair research. I researched it last night and it unlocked the Marauder instead.

Your huge bug was a "." ... at researches.xml the Researches.AndronDisassembly needs a Items.AndronCorpse but its written ItemsAndronCorpse :)

yeah saw the plane mess.. you should be happy :)

I try to catch the predator armour bug but couldnt figure out yet. working on it..

Edit: same "." problem.. i will get rid of that #### now..

Edited by drages

1) Was that it? Was that really it? *Looks at researches.xml, sees the error now that you've pointed it out, facepalms so hard there's a rather large detonation* How did several of us miss that when we were doing so much testing and searching the game files? UGH!! So, if we fix this, will we have to start a new run?

2) Oh, I'm not complaining, but I thought I should let you know. :P

3) No rush. There are probably larger bugs. :)

In researches.xml at Researches.AndronDisassembly, ItemsAndronCorpse shouldn't be Items.AndronCorpse

You are welcome to forums and you are the winner of this weeks "BUG SOLVER" comminity.. please sign up to join X-Division team :)

hehe realy you got the eyes for it..

1) Was that it? Was that really it? *Looks at researches.xml, sees the error now that you've pointed it out, facepalms so hard there's a rather large detonation* How did several of us miss that when we were doing so much testing and searching the game files? UGH!! So, if we fix this, will we have to start a new run?

2) Oh, I'm not complaining, but I thought I should let you know. :P

3) No rush. There are probably larger bugs. :)

Now you can understand my pain about bug hunting.. at first days i was looking to files to see this kind of bugs for days and redo everything.. ofcourse this made me learn many things..

I try to catch your old "crash at looting sed at base" bug now..

Now you can understand my pain about bug hunting.. at first days i was looking to files to see this kind of bugs for days and redo everything.. ofcourse this made me learn many things..

I try to catch your old "crash at looting sed at base" bug now..

Yep. I understand entirely. And what's worse, if you fix something, it may break a dozen other things. Anyway, if we fix this bug with the Androns, will that require a new game or will it be save friendly?

It happens for like every research I've had. Every. Not certain ones. Even ones with pages.

Woz2... its mostly lack of lore writers there days.. As i said HERE the Xenopedia entrie will be finished soon.. but i need some editors to write new things or update old ones to x-div..

If i can find lore writers who ca continue to write many things, i want to implement nice things..

like "caught" humans at aliens side"caught"...

- Yeah it wont touch anything about your saves.. i hope.. u should get the research after fix.. try it..

Woz2... its mostly lack of lore writers there days.. As i said HERE the Xenopedia entrie will be finished soon.. but i need some editors to write new things or update old ones to x-div..

If i can find lore writers who ca continue to write many things, i want to implement nice things..

like "caught" humans at aliens side"caught"...

- Yeah it wont touch anything about your saves.. i hope.. u should get the research after fix.. try it..

1) Confirmed. I added the period and it worked. Edit: Unfortunately...selecting the Wolf armor in the workshop causes a crash. I'd say fix the armor crashes first, as being able to make new armors is a bigger priority than inspecting a corpses' backpack. :P

2) If you need lore writers I'm willing to help when I can. I actually like to write in my spare time, so that's a plus. :)

Edited by Squaddie Perseus

PROGRESS UPDATE:

As my fellow testers are testing ground combat, i am considering your reports about aircraft weapons..

Todays issue is about cannons and missiles.. i need to make you love missiles more.. i am open for ideas..

Dont forget that this wont be about some numbers only.. it will change the plane loadouts to alien ufo weapons and manuevers.. probably a little test version for 0.98.1 and a total remake to 0.99.. maybe not total but it will change the place of missiles..

I am considering the turn rate and fire rate of missiles.. A simple evade wont save ufos any more against missiles.. the evade is for torpedoes..

I am thinking about replacing all ufo weapons too.. do you feel something different when an ufo shoot you with missile?

I checked the code of the ufos and its strange.. the number of weapons and installed weapons numbers are not same.. i need test it.. I will give ufos cannons-missiles and torpedoes too..

PROGRESS UPDATE:

As my fellow testers are testing ground combat, i am considering your reports about aircraft weapons..

Todays issue is about cannons and missiles.. i need to make you love missiles more.. i am open for ideas..

Dont forget that this wont be about some numbers only.. it will change the plane loadouts to alien ufo weapons and manuevers.. probably a little test version for 0.98.1 and a total remake to 0.99.. maybe not total but it will change the place of missiles..

I am considering the turn rate and fire rate of missiles.. A simple evade wont save ufos any more against missiles.. the evade is for torpedoes..

I am thinking about replacing all ufo weapons too.. do you feel something different when an ufo shoot you with missile?

I checked the code of the ufos and its strange.. the number of weapons and installed weapons numbers are not same.. i need test it.. I will give ufos cannons-missiles and torpedoes too..

This is an interesting proposition. I'll have to think on this. There is one thing I have to say, when an UFO shoots down my craft how I feel kind of depends on the UFO in question. If you think about it, the UFOs have a logical loadout for their purpose. Take for example, the Carrier. It's got plenty of AA defenses, as a carrier should, but at the same time, it's weapons seem to be a bit powerful for craft of its type, as logically, you would want to keep a carrier out of direct combat. Yes, I realize that carriers, lore wise, serve multiple functions (IE: troop transport, hanger for smaller craft, etc), but at the same time, a ship like this is something you would keep out of direct combat because it's armor would naturally be thinner to accommodate the numerous hangers and supply stores, as opposed to the Landing Ship, which is a dedicated land assault ship, which is supposed to be heavily armored.

You are right.. i thought about carrier but a carrier have their planes with it.. so the game engine dont have this kind of things for spawning planes.. heh it would be way out of a mini game :P..

But i can try to give it special weapons.. ufo weapons are so simple at default.. nothing special, nothing exited..

For now i am making cannon-missiles tests.. thanks to chris, air testing is much more easier then other things.. so i am thinking about cutting cannons range.. so cannons will be a real short range dog fight weapon.. i will give some nasty missiles and torpedoes to enemy ufos..

Many xcom players ignores the air phase of the game. For this reason many xcom clones ignored air combat totally.. i was always sad to see this.. because its important part when u fight against an invasion concept.. Chris made a huge step at this, making the geosphere fights as a minigame.. its realy a brave step.. i still dont want ppl force to play this air minigames so autosolve will be fair, but i want to give players a good seconds at skies..

Air plane/weapon production-research is simple too at x-div because the dull ufo weapons..

Heh.. x-div started as mod, now its a big expansion, and if kabill could add half of the projects he planned at coding to the game, x-div can be Xenonauts 2 :)

so probably a stupid question, I got the GOG version, and I have manually installed the CE.

so now I only have to download this mod right?

1 enable CE

2 enable this mod.

Welcome to forums.

Yep. just have ver 1.09 game ver and CE 0.31 and this mod!

I had decided to make app for android and desktop client software (for myself and few friends but I am willing to make it available public with editable database so that people can add/remove things as mod changes without need of source code or me) which will display stats of entered weapon/equipment with short description.This more convenient way of finding out about stats of weapons and their advantage/disadvantage.I will also add option to compare two or more weapons and maybe as an extra research path and requirements.

ETA is unknown because I will start as soon as time allows (I am in mid of development of another android app as part of exam project) but to do this I need up-to date date sheet.That's it if you would like something like this along as temporary replacement of tooltips which is the hardest part of modding in this game.

Edited by Sentelin

I had decided to make app for android and desktop client software (for myself and few friends but I am willing to make it available public with editable database so that people can add/remove things as mod changes without need of source code or me) which will display stats of entered weapon/equipment with short description.This more convenient way of finding out about stats of weapons and their advantage/disadvantage.I will also add option to compare two or more weapons and maybe as an extra research path and requirements.

ETA is unknown because I will start as soon as time allows (I am in mid of development of another android app as part of exam project) but to do this I need up-to date date sheet.That's it if you would like something like this along as temporary replacement of tooltips which is the hardest part of modding in this game.

A project like a dream.

Sentelin.. can u make a little program or code for tooltips.. i mean it will take certain stats from the weapon_GC and will create a little http code to paste in to the string.xml.. (pasting string.xml will be made by modder). Realy i need that, all players need that.. i hate to play a tactical game "blind"...

For example it will take the damage, damage type, TU and acc for fire mods, mitigation, stun/emp damage,range, weight, recoil, heavy/hand numbers.. so it will create

"Damage: 30

Mitigation: 10

Dmg Type: Ballistic

Range: 15

Weight: 5

Hand: 2

Recoil: 40

Heavy: Yes

Stun: 5

Emp: 0"

Like this.. should be simple for a coder like u..

Hmm how about making with software which would read data from weapon_gc.xml file (I will need to figure out what format is used here so I could make algorithm which would read data in proper order) and then generating xml with same/similar format of string.xml and after that it's only matter of copy/paste ?However you would have to add brief description in tool tips manually,I could make job easier by adding method which would generate "dummy" text which you can edit with proper description.

This is possible but I am not promising anything at moment because my plans have priority for now :)

Edited by Sentelin

Hmm how about making with software which would read data from weapon_gc.xml file (I will need to figure out what format is used here so I could make algorithm which would read data in proper order) and then generating xml with same/similar format of string.xml and after that it's only matter of copy/paste ?

if you do that, our relationship will level up to "love" from "like" :)..

And i will give your name to the alien assassin :)

By the way in current game (fresh game with 0.98 and hotfix 7) I don't have medkit and flash/smoke grenade in equipment screen.Do I need to research them (I can look through xml files and find out but I don't want to spoil surprises) or something went wrong ?I know that with previous hotfix 6 (version 0.98) I had them available from start.

By the way in current game (fresh game with 0.98 and hotfix 7) I don't have medkit and flash/smoke grenade in equipment screen.Do I need to research them (I can look through xml files and find out but I don't want to spoil surprises) or something went wrong ?I know that with previous hotfix 6 (version 0.98) I had them available from start.

I checked and they are just there at new game.. its nearly impossible because i didnt touch any medkit at least.. they are not at my mod files.. a wrong install maybe?

So uh...I just had my first terror mission...after just making 5 plasma rifles and 3 plasma pistols for my best soldiers. The sniper and heavy weapons on this mission (who are also part of my "best soldiers") had Lance laser weapons.

This is the result:

2015-03-06_00001.jpg

In short, they tried to ruin my reputation with Central America. I got max funding from this. And I just learned how to make the plasma torpedoes and missiles and the plasma aircraft gun...and I've got a Bic-Lancer and 3 B17s. Is it sad I'm starting to feel sorry for the aliens? Oh, and I admit to playing on Normal (cause I suck at playing X-COM style games at anything harder xD), but honestly, this terror mission was the easiest I had in forever. I've had UFO raids on Corvettes that were tougher than this both in Vanilla and this mod. So...thanks Sebis. When this war is over, all my personnel can retire filthy rich.

2015-03-06_00001.jpg

2015-03-06_00001.thumb.jpg.60b18d30b6631

my purple alien (Xenomorph-ish) is invisible in my turn, guessing thats a bug so I will reinstall.

by the way cant I simply dump everything in the main game files and overwrite? seems to be simpler then mod manager.

1. Invisible alien bug is not about u.. its.. nobody figured out why.. they have just have very good camouflage maybe?

2. No ofcourse you cant dump it.. because even its nearly game size, its a mod which needs main files...

So uh...I just had my first terror mission...after just making 5 plasma rifles and 3 plasma pistols for my best soldiers. The sniper and heavy weapons on this mission (who are also part of my "best soldiers") had Lance laser weapons.

This is the result: [ATTACH=CONFIG]6205[/ATTACH]

In short, they tried to ruin my reputation with Central America. I got max funding from this. And I just learned how to make the plasma torpedoes and missiles and the plasma aircraft gun...and I've got a Bic-Lancer and 3 B17s. Is it sad I'm starting to feel sorry for the aliens? Oh, and I admit to playing on Normal (cause I suck at playing X-COM style games at anything harder xD), but honestly, this terror mission was the easiest I had in forever. I've had UFO raids on Corvettes that were tougher than this both in Vanilla and this mod. So...thanks Sebis. When this war is over, all my personnel can retire filthy rich.

Hmm.. so aliens failed their first terror mission.. so but why? Were your weapons powerful? Your armours resisting everything? Aliens cant shoot u? Why?? and send me save of that fight!

Edited by drages