Don't understand how to install x-division

BlueBalls

I must be doing something wrong. Tried to download the xdivision mod by unzipping it to the assets/mods folder but I can't add it to the game. When I select "modding tools" I get the option to "add new mod" but I can't select the xdivision map -I can only open it nor can i open the unextracted zip-file I downloaded because it "is not a mod file".

What am I missing? I'm sure it's something obvious.

No I didn't because I don't know what a directory is.

Also noticed that that the mod is said to require a manual install:

- USE MANUEL INSTALL. Extract the file to /assets/mods/ then activate at modding tool.. (DELETE the old xdivision directory at mods.)

What I've tried so far is extracting the files into the folder "mods" in the folder "assets" and I've tried to select teh zip file with the "add new mod" button from modding tools in the launcher.

I tried installing another mod "building overhaul" and it worked flawlessly by just selecting it with the "add mod" button.

Using community version 0.31 mate.

Went to Steam>properties>beta versions>picked community version. Got some mods included but they didn't appear in zip format.

Please help if you can I really like the look of this overhaul mod.

Edited by BlueBalls

I think you're going to need drages to help you here...

EDIT: As your problem is with x-division, which has an unusual and irregular means of install, I have slightly renamed your thread to attract the attention of the mod's creator.

Edited by Max_Caine

Thanks for the help.

Is there a step-by-step guide to manually install a mod?

I feel like I'm missing something basic. The launcher claims that the zip file isn't a "mod file" and when I try to install it "manually" it doesn't register in the launchers "modding tools".

Alright I solved it -the extracted files where in one map too many I just moved the core files one step "up".

My own fault and a basic stupid error like I suspected thanks for trying to help everyone.

Got another slight problem: whenever i quit and restart the game about half of my mods are turned off by default and I have to manually activate them one by one. Can I set all my mods to be activated by default?

I don't even understand what this statement means. Can't I just extract the files using 7zip, then move the extracted files to /assets/mods/, the end?

Yeah, that should work. Although you'll still need to make sure that the mod is set to 'active' afterwards (I can't remember whether it sets to active by default so probably best to check).