[X:CE 0.31+] Building and Salaries Overhaul

Man of Doge

Taken from modern-day salaries and with inflation calculated; I have reduced the salaries of all Xenonaut Staff closer to that of how how they'd be during the back-end of the Cold War.

In addition I have overhauled the Vanilla Xenonaut Buildings for the sake of realism and balance.

No longer will such a tiny Storage Room take a whole FIVE DAYS to build!

No longer shall a Supercomputer be built in a mere TEN DAYS with cheap costs and NO Tracking capability!

Today I present to you!

The Building And Salaries Overhaul Mod for Community Edition v0.31

Installation:

Extract to /Mods/ folder or use XCE's "Modding Tools" to install.

Features:

Increased Realism (duh, :3)

Compatible with everything (Even X-Division)

Buildings take more realistic times and costs to build.

Salaries are more realistic to that of the Cold War time period.

Better Defense Battery names! (example: Hydraulic Gauss Mega-Cannon)

Base Building can prove to be more costly despite decreased cost for the initial construction.

Quantum Cryptology Center now acts as a radar but takes longer to build and is more costly.

Earlygame is easier on the player, but as new researches are researched things can become more costly.

Tactical Notice(s):

-New Fortified Command Center and three new buildings to aid the Xenonauts' survival.

-Medical Centers heal soldiers quicker but hold the same number of soldiers as shown during Base Attacks.

-Turrets take longer to build depending on how advanced they are so you might want to build them in advance!

-Command Centers now let you station 8 Soldiers in them while the remainder of the base is being built. This means you can hire soldiers in advance and send them over to protect the new base before aliens can make that $250000 Command Center a waste of cash.

Recommended for those who regularly play with XNT or X-Division installed.

NOT Recommended for new players or those who are reluctant to build additional bases.

THIS MOD IS ALSO NOW ON STEAM, IF YOU ARE A STEAM USER IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU GET THE MOD OVER THERE IN ORDER TO RECEIVE UPDATES TO THE MOD MUCH FASTER.

(Link to Steam Version: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=367403073)

Edited by Man of Doge

• 3 weeks later...

I'm downloading this now, as I like the idea. One concern I have, which you addressed partially in the original post, is balance. Does the reduced cost of buildings make new facilities so cheap as to be essentially free? Base building isn't a huge part of the strategy layer, but it is (in my opinion) an important one.

Edited by MortuusSum

I'm downloading this now, as I like the idea. One concern I have, which you addressed partially in the original post, is balance. Does the reduced cost of buildings make new facilities so cheap as to be essentially free? Base building isn't a huge part of the strategy layer, but it is (in my opinion) an important one.

Generally I increased the Upkeep of things players use sparingly (i.e. Medbay and Living Quarters), but I also made some things more viable (Garage), the realism comes in with the Medbay, 'Defense Batteries' and Quantum Crypt Center.

Hangar: 6 Day Build Time, slightly lower upkeep.

Medical Center: Higher Upkeep, houses less soldiers, heals almost twice as fast.

Garage: Nearly Halved Upkeep Cost and Build Time so vehicle maintenance is more on the actual Vehicle than the structure that houses them.

Medical Center: 3 Day Build Time, Minor increase in Upkeep, heals four soldiers at a time but heals nearly twice as fast.

Quantum Cryptology Center: 15 Day Build Time, Radar Strength of "1", gives you Alien Mission Information.

Defense Batteries: For the most part I didn't mess around with the balance of these--just the costs.

The night shall last forever! Mwhahaha. :3

Edited by Man of Doge

Cool, thanks very much for the response! I've played a bit with your mod now, and I definitely like it. I use Slayerjerman's old "Economy Restored" mod, and he recommends upping the starting cash in that mod, but I've found that combining these two makes the starting funds right on the money, as it were.

Also I spotted your message. We are buds now.

Cool, thanks very much for the response! I've played a bit with your mod now, and I definitely like it. I use Slayerjerman's old "Economy Restored" mod, and he recommends upping the starting cash in that mod, but I've found that combining these two makes the starting funds right on the money, as it were.

Cool.

:3

Edited by Man of Doge

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 years later...
  • 2 months later...